JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol. Rodgers is better than Brady.
    AR more mobile that's for sure.. You put Rodgers on those NE Patriots teams with those offensive lines and those receivers he'll get it done just like Brady... I have no doubt.. Aaron Rodgers is very accurate when given time just like Tom Brady as well.. AR has won the superbowl too.

You put Tom Brady on this current Green bay Packers team Brady probably gets injured faster..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Did you watch the superbowl last year? Where was Gronk? Coaches don't play bro. Enough with the coaches. I'm gonna snap.
    Didn't Brady have a pick 6 in the first hf? Team was getting blown out and the coach made adjustments at HT and ran the ball second hf nonstop. Did you watch the game?

lakerboy

Touchdown to interception ratio since 2016: NFL LEADERS

1. Tom Brady (11.2/1)

2. Aaron Rodgers (5.5/1)

Was that before or after Brady turned 40??
    1 year sample? Lololol. Look at jibbby post

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Put Rodgers in a Pats uniform and he has twice the amount of rings Brady has. Brady throws 5 yard out routes to talented receivers and TE's around him. Not saying he's a scrub, just don't get all this GOAT talk when the Head Coach is the clear method to the madness. Knows situational football more than anyone ever has.
    Brady won a ring with Edelman as his number 1 WR. Rodgers has Jordy Nelson, Devante Adams, and Randall Cobb. Edelman vs. Nelson?

Goat Milk

Didn't Brady have a pick 6 in the first hf? Team was getting blown out and the coach made adjustments at HT and ran the ball second hf nonstop. Did you watch the game?
    Ran the ball? Brady threw on every play.... Brady had like 60 attempts in the superbowl dude.

Goat Milk

Jibby it's not all about talent and skill.....what about the mental aspect? What about leadership? What about the fact that Brady plays in the AFC and Rodgers plays in an AWFUL NFC. NFC IS TERRIBLE. Has been for a decade.

GB is stacked. Every year. Every year they have the best weapons on offense. Give Brady those weapons and he has a season like he did with Moss. Every record broken.

Brady has had to compete with Manning and Big Ben entire career. Who has Rodgers had to outduel in the NFC? Wilson? Brees? Lol.

Not to mention Brady is the best leader in the history of sports. Who motivates their teammates like Brady? Not Jordan. Not Kobe. Not Lebron. Definitely not Payton Manning or Aaron Rodgers.

You don't think that's a part of winning rings?

F yeah.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Put Rodgers in a Pats uniform and he has twice the amount of rings Brady has. Brady throws 5 yard out routes to talented receivers and TE's around him. Not saying he's a scrub, just don't get all this GOAT talk when the Head Coach is the clear method to the madness. Knows situational football more than anyone ever has.
    LMAO, Rodgers is nothing compared to Brady when you keep him in the pocket. He didn't do dick against Seattle and San Francisco for years - Brady tore Seattle apart every time he faced them including the super bowl - you are retarded.

lakerboy

Jibby it's not all about talent and skill.....what about the mental aspect? What about leadership? What about the fact that Brady plays in the AFC and Rodgers plays in an AWFUL NFC. NFC IS TERRIBLE. Has been for a decade.

GB is stacked. Every year. Every year they have the best weapons on offense. Give Brady those weapons and he has a season like he did with Moss. Every record broken.

Brady has had to compete with Manning and Big Ben entire career. Who has Rodgers had to outduel in the NFC? Wilson? Brees? Lol.

Not to mention Brady is the best leader in the history of sports. Who motivates their teammates like Brady? Not Jordan. Not Kobe. Not Lebron. Definitely not Payton Manning or Aaron Rodgers.

You don't think that's a part of winning rings?

F yeah.
    Bro Brady has played in the AFC least division his whole career. What an awful division. The worst year in and out.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    LMAO, Rodgers is nothing compared to Brady when you keep him in the pocket. He didn't do dick against Seattle and San Francisco for years - Brady tore Seattle apart every time he faced them including the super bowl - you are retarded.
    Exactly. The same defense the best offense in history (denver and manning) melted down against. 1 td in garbage time. that's it. Brady has 2 tds in the 4th quarter of the SUPERBOWL against the best defense EVER.

Rodgers against that same defense? Biggest collapse in playoff history (after the most recent superbowl). GB had the game in the bag. Rodgers melted down. Plain and simple. Brady has never melted under the lights.

Ever.

Brady has a game winning drive in every superbowl he's won.

Every one.

Think about that.

Even the losses.

Sickening.

Goat Milk

Bro Brady has played in the AFC least division his whole career. What an awful division. The worst year in and out.
    Rodgers? Minneosta? Detroit? Bears? LOL! Garbage!

You overrate Rodgers big time. Enough with the excuses bro. Win a ring or silence.

lakerboy

Exactly. The same defense the best offense in history (denver and manning) melted down against. 1 td in garbage time. that's it. Brady has 2 tds in the 4th quarter of the SUPERBOWL against the best defense EVER.

Rodgers against that same defense? Biggest collapse in playoff history (after the most recent superbowl). GB had the game in the bag. Rodgers melted down. Plain and simple. Brady has never melted under the lights.

Ever.

Every one.

Think about that.

Even the losses.

Sickening.
    Nope the Seahawks were the best the year they beat Manning whose team happened to beat Brady. Remember? When Brady played the Seahawks they had tons of injuries that game.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Brady is the best QB to ever play. Not even debatable. Even what he is doing at 40, great qbs couldn’t do it there prime. Throw Brady on any team he would make them a contender right away instantly.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Brady is the best QB to ever play. Not even debatable. Even what he is doing at 40, great qbs couldn’t do it there prime. Throw Brady on any team he would make them a contender right away instantly.
    No doubt he is a legend. My point here is simple. He also has had the advantage of playing for a genius coach. Goat is acting like belichick doesn't even exist. Systems win. Players are part of that.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Look man i love Rodgers but this is ridiculous. Brady turns no names into names.
    Boss, have you not seen people trying to defend Gronk and randy moss, and welker? Look at who Aaron Rodgers has played with and look at who Brady played with. New England has gotten Brady weapons out the ass and even had a serviceable Corey Dillion. I'm not putting anyone down but look at the scrubs Rodgers has to play with and last night they couldn't get a first down. Pats won 11 games without Brady in 08 and 3 out of the 4 he sat out last year. He's a great quarterback but Aaron Rodgers might be the greatest QB I have ever seen and I grew up watching Dan Marino

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Ever.

Every one.

Think about that.

Even the losses.

Sickening.
    Overthrew that pass to welker in SB 46 though.

Goat Milk

Overthrew that pass to welker in SB 46 though.
    You reaching for that shows how weak this debate is lol....

I just told you Brady has had a game winning drive in all 5 superbowls he's won....and in the 2 he lost....he had a drive late in the 4th to take the lead....

Rodgers? All he's done in the playoffs is melt down.

thomorino

Boss, have you not seen people trying to defend Gronk and randy moss, and welker? Look at who Aaron Rodgers has played with and look at who Brady played with. New England has gotten Brady weapons out the ass and even had a serviceable Corey Dillion. I'm not putting anyone down but look at the scrubs Rodgers has to play with and last night they couldn't get a first down. Pats won 11 games without Brady in 08 and 3 out of the 4 he sat out last year. He's a great quarterback but Aaron Rodgers might be the greatest QB I have ever seen and I grew up watching Dan Marino
    Brady won 3 super bowls with Deion Branch - Gronk was never healthy in the postseason - get lost. Rodgers got exposed every time he faced a physical defense, he was trash against Seattle and San Francisco for 5 years.

thomorino

I just told you Brady has had a game winning drive in all 5 superbowls he's won....and in the 2 he lost....he had a drive late in the 4th to take the lead....

The pass to Welker was also to finish the game. The Patriots should have won anyways, they were winning at the time Welker dropped the pass. No sane person would take Rodgers over Brady in a big game. Rodgers had 1 great year in the postseason - Brady has had 12.

thomorino

This is why you get your shit kicked in every Sunday. You are absolutely clueless in how to evaluate quarterbacks. You have bet on San Francisco with CJ Beathard the last 2 weeks - get a clue little guy.

thomorino

Lol, have you looked at the NFC North. Embarassing Bears, choking Lions, Vikings never has a quarterback. The Jets were a very good team for years with that defense.

Goat Milk

Nope the Seahawks were the best the year they beat Manning whose team happened to beat Brady. Remember? When Brady played the Seahawks they had tons of injuries that game.
    Injuries? Who? New England was getting exposed until Brady unleashed in the 4th quarter. 2 touchdowns in the 4th? New England couldn't move the ball on Seattle bro... until it was Brady time.... wtf was Bellichick doing in that 4th quarter? Fukkin praying. That's all he could do with his headset. Watch like a lil bitch and pray that Jesus leads them to victory.

Yeah...that year Brady lost....wasn't his entire team injured? Gronk wasn't even playing I don't think. And I think Talib threw his helmet into Edelman's knee? Out for the game? He took a cheap shot. I remember something like that.

Brady has 7 trips to the finals bro. I don't even know what you're arguing here.

Rodgers is meltdown waiting to happen.

You are just enamored with him because he's flashy like Kobe.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

This is why you get your shit kicked in every Sunday. You are absolutely clueless in how to evaluate quarterbacks. You have bet on San Francisco with CJ Beathard the last 2 weeks - get a clue little guy.
    Looks like I got under someones skin.. uh oh. glad I put you in your place.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

I completely hear your Side milk but thats not what I'm trying to say. Brady is a great QB, has gotten it done when the situation has called for him to make a throw thats in front of him. Rodgers really hasn't melted down. Bad defenses. That Seattle game in 15'... come on now. defense let up a bizarre amount of points and a backup tight end fumbled the onside kick. How are you going to put that on him? Im talking pure passer standpoint. look at the throws and workload each QB gets. Brady has been put in a far better position than Rodgers to win. For the system that they run in New England, Brady is the perfect QB. Its a relatively simple gameplay week in and week out.

thomorino

Injuries? Who? New England was getting exposed until Brady unleashed in the 4th quarter. 2 touchdowns in the 4th? New England couldn't move the ball on Seattle bro... until it was Brady time.... wtf was Bellichick doing in that 4th quarter? Fukkin praying. That's all he could do with his headset. Watch like a lil bitch and pray that Jesus leads them to victory.

Yeah...that year Brady lost....wasn't his entire team injured? Gronk wasn't even playing I don't think. And I think Talib threw his helmet into Edelman's knee? Out for the game? He took a cheap shot. I remember something like that.

Brady has 7 trips to the finals bro. I don't even know what you're arguing here.

Rodgers is meltdown waiting to happen.

You are just enamored with him because he's flashy like Kobe.
    The Patriots didn't have Gronk and everyone is banged up at the end of the year. Brady tore apart the Seahawks defense when he played them in the regular season too.

thomorino

Looks like I got under someones skin.. uh oh. glad I put you in your place.
    LMFAO, broke dik, yeah the place where I'm kicking your shit in every sport.

thomorino

I completely hear your Side milk but thats not what I'm trying to say. Brady is a great QB, has gotten it done when the situation has called for him to make a throw thats in front of him. Rodgers really hasn't melted down. Bad defenses. That Seattle game in 15'... come on now. defense let up a bizarre amount of points and a backup tight end fumbled the onside kick. How are you going to put that on him? Im talking pure passer standpoint. look at the throws and workload each QB gets. Brady has been put in a far better position than Rodgers to win. For the system that they run in New England, Brady is the perfect QB. Its a relatively simple gameplay week in and week out.
    Rodgers was horrible in the 2015 game, couldn't score touchdowns early on short fields. Couldn't get touchdowns late when defense was tried.He was trash every single regular season and playoff game he faced Seattle and San Francisco.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

The Patriots didn't have Gronk and everyone is banged up at the end of the year. Brady tore apart the Seahawks defense when he played them in the regular season too.
    He lost at home in that game and didn't throw a td and threw 1 interception.. WHAT ON penetrating EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
    Last edited by shocka1212; 11-08-17 at 12:44 AM. Reason: thomorino has small hands

Goat Milk

Coaches can motivate you, give you the proper game plan, institute the right culture....but a system does not produce stars. A system does not produce competitive fire. A system does not make the plays for you in the clutch....A system does not put ice water in your veins.

That's why Bellichick has failed without Brady during his career. That's why so many great coaches (hall of fame type coaches) cannot win. Because it's about the players. Sports are about players. Always have been. Always will be.

It's funny that people talk about Popovich. Pop has never won a ring without Tim Duncan. Will he? Maybe. He has another superstar now. A couple actually. He's the NBA's version of Bellichick, but is better. At the end of the day, he's not on the court. He didn't miss that bunny in the 2013 finals that cost the Spurs a championship. Duncan did. Spoelstra won 2 rings and got to 4 straight finals. Where is he now? No where. He had 2 of the greatest players this game has ever seen. Those players won those rings. They got the finals. If it was mainly about the coach and the culture of Pat Riley, then that team would be succeeding when those guys left. Lebron left and they became medicore. D Wade left and they didn't even make playoffs. These results don't support your theory at all.

I play sports and did competitively all growing up. So I'll never change my mind on this philosophy. I played with guys that had straight ice in their veins, and I played with guys who choked under pressure. There are so many elements that make a great athlete, and coaching/culture is one small aspect.

Goat Milk

^ Just to add to above. The fire you see from Brady, the ice in his veins, it's unlike anything I've ever seen. I grew up on Jordan (although I watched all the previous generations of baskeball years later when I got older) and I got to watch Kobe for his 20 years. Neither one compares to Brady in terms of the pure fire they had for the game, and for winning. Brady in the 4th quarter is unlike anything I've ever seen. And to see him do what he did to ATL in the 4th quarter of the superbowl was stunning. I don't see any of those qualities in Rodgers. From a talent persepctive, the guy is amazing. Rodgers is on another level than anyone. Too bad talent alone doesn't make you the GOAT.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

^ Just to add to above. The fire you see from Brady, the ice in his veins, it's unlike anything I've ever seen. I grew up on Jordan (although I watched all the previous generations of baskeball years later when I got older) and I got to watch Kobe for his 20 years. Neither one compares to Brady in terms of the pure fire they had for the game, and for winning. Brady in the 4th quarter is unlike anything I've ever seen. And to see him do what he did to ATL in the 4th quarter of the superbowl was stunning. I don't see any of those qualities in Rodgers. From a talent persepctive, the guy is amazing. Rodgers is on another level than anyone. Too bad talent alone doesn't make you the GOAT.
    Ty Law did more to win some of those early 00's Super Bowls and no bullshit when I tell you there's guys who were on those teams that said he was far more competitive than Brady.(used to train with a few)

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3668

AR is the best QB ever to play the game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shocka1212

thomorino

He lost at home in that game and didn't throw a td and threw 1 interception.. WHAT ON penetrating EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
    Lol, time to put Shocka in his little place again. Brady played Seattle twice in the regular season.

Here's what happened.

2016 he threw for 316 Yards - Patriots lost because defense gave up 31 points

2014 Super bowl - 328 Yards /4 touchdowns/ 2 Interceptions

2012 400 yards/2 touchdown / 2 interceptions

Brady has had very good games every time he's faced Seattle - he's thrown for around 340 yards a game and more touchdowns than interceptions.

Now Let's look at Rodgers numbers against the same Seattle defense during that 3 year period.

2014 Green Bay gets blown out at Seattle Rodgers throws for barely 189 yards and 1 TD 1 INT GB scores 16

2015 250 yards 2 TDs

2012 223 Yards 0 TDs and team scores 12 points

No comparison

thomorino

Ty Law did more to win some of those early 00's Super Bowls and no bullshit when I tell you there's guys who were on those teams that said he was far more competitive than Brady.(used to train with a few)
    lol, you are making us all dumber. Brady led the game winning drive against the Rams, carried the team against Carolina when the defense gave up over 30 points, and led the game winning drive in the 4th quarter against Philadelphia. Ty Law was part of the defense, didn't do shit compared to Brady.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

He didn't do dick against Seattle and San Francisco for years - Brady tore Seattle apart every time he faced them including the super bowl - you are retarded.
    Come on man. It's Aaron Rodgers. Give him some credit. I'm sure he has done some dick in San Fran and Seattle.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

I think the world of Tom Brady and he may well be the G.O.A.T.
    But this is simply uninformed.

First 1234 Last