Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm a Texans fan but, McGloin? Really? I think this is actually the time to kick the tires on Kaep. His skill set is similar to Watson's, and think of all the attention the franchise would get. Houston fans probably wouldn't hit the Texans too hard because they are going to be on the Astros high for a while.
    I agree.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    In the words of Allen Iverson...in "practice". SMH
    Practice? We talking bout practice?

2daBank

I'm sorry. I'm a Texans fan but, McGloin? Really? I think this is actually the time to kick the tires on Kaep. His skill set is similar to Watson's, and think of all the attention the franchise would get. Houston fans probably wouldn't hit the Texans too hard because they are going to be on the Astros high for a while.
    Certainly be tough to toe the standard company line and say "he doesn't fit our system".

That said I think it doing Watson a huge disservice to compare kap to him. Other than both athleticism Watson already so much more a qb than kap, from leadership, reading defenses, touch on throws, work ethic, it not even close. Kap better pure athlete, Watson better pure qb.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

McGloin has been a frequent traveler this season. After the Philadelphia Eagles cut him in September, he worked out for the New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts. However, the fifth-year veteran did not audition for the Texans, which could raise some eyebrows after the Colin Kaepernick collusion grievance surfaced.

The 27-year-old former Penn State passer was part of the contingent that worked out for the Titans, one that ended with Brandon Weeden getting the job, and that event triggered the Kaepernick grievance. McGloin served as Derek Carr’s backup for three seasons with the Oakland Raiders but is obviously not on Kaepernick’s level as a player. This could be a key component of the free agent passer’s case against the NFL.

As for the team’s post-Watson outlook, Tom Savage likely will get his job back after the rookie supplanted him after one half of football this season. The Texans were only carrying two quarterbacks on their roster, explaining why the franchise acted so quickly, so McGloin will immediately become Savage’s backup.

McGloin’s gone 1-6 as a starter, with five of those starts coming for the woeful 2013 Raiders, and boasts a career 58.1 completion percentage on 277 career attempts.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

fuckin sucks man

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Watson, Bridgewater, Newton, RG3, Winston...all come with baggage after getting beat up running college plays for 4 years then get hurt in NFL.

Teams need to focus draft on pocket qbs who take a sack and not flush millions away on false hope.
    Winston is a pocket passer.
    Bridgewater was a pocket passer in college, he ran a little more in the NFL but not a lot.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Watson, Bridgewater, Newton, RG3, Winston...all come with baggage after getting beat up running college plays for 4 years then get hurt in NFL.

Teams need to focus draft on pocket qbs who take a sack and not flush millions away on false hope.
    Not 1 of the guys you mentioned played 4 years in college. I think most of them played less than 3 seasons worth. If teams trusted their medical staff, they were comfortable selecting teddy, Watson, griffin even though all 3 had acl/knee surgeries in school.

If you haven’t yet noticed nfl teams are starting to mimic college football. There aren’t many college teams that coach qbs to be pure pocket passers. In order for them to win and stay employed they want qbs that can make plays with arm and legs.

Here are some other qbs drafted around the same time frame of the guys you mentioned as having baggage.

blaine gabbert
    Christian ponder
    andy dalton
    kap
    ryan mallett
    tyrod Taylor
    luck
    tannehill
    russell wilson
    brandon weeden
    osweiler
    nick foles
    kirk cousins
    matt barkley
    glennon
    landry jones
    bortles
    manzeil
    carr
    g-rap
    savage
    mettenberget
    seimen

I see a bunch of college qbs who were considered pocket passers. I also see no pure pocket qbs who have done much with their careers so far. The best is luck and he is beat up and on a team with no talent around him. Carr is going to be tony romo jr. Write it in ink. The only others from that list that belong as a starter in league are Russell, Tyrod, cousins and g-rap. None of the others possess the physical or mental abilities to play Qb for a team that wants to win. Cousins is the only one of those 4 who came into league considered a pocket qb and I think he sucks. At his absolute best he is a 1 and done playoff qb.

This year Rosen is the top pocket passer. Great arm, questionable attitude and decision making, injury prone. Not very encouraging if he goes to a bad team with no talent and weak coaching and support staff.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

No team is signing Kap this season. I’m sure a few will consider it in the offseason. Sign him to a no guarantee deal like Pats did Tebow and let him be a camp arm. If he just wants to play ball, he might be a nice fit at TE if qb isn’t working out.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Shame man,Watson was really starting to pour it on,very impressive showing last week.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 11-02-17 at 09:56 PM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Shame man,Watson was really starting to pour it on.Very impressive showing last week.
    For sure. Not a surprise though. He torched the best defense in college 2 years in a row. Kid is not just tremendously talented but he is a real leader and winner. When he comes back sometime next season he will be even better. Houston has their franchise qb. Now they need to put together a great offensive line this offseason to keep him protected.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

McGloin??? A fukking cruel joke. Watson saved O'Brien's job and in one fukking day O'Brien is trying to lose it again. What a dumb fukk. Pure nepotism bringing in his college boy.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

O'Brien needs to go. He's already lost 2 games this year with his conservative, dumb ass play.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    McGloin??? A fukking cruel joke. Watson saved O'Brien's job and in one fukking day O'Brien is trying to lose it again. What a dumb fukk. Pure nepotism bringing in his college boy.
    Dude been living off his undeserved "qb guru" label for far too long with no results. Jackass didn't even wanna start Watson, was gonna roll with savage! Lol

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They have the best WRs in the NFL, Watson is good but a turnover machine. Remember Savage only played against thebest defense in NFL history he might have a good year still.

First 123