Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

How much influence did Saban have on Meyer leaving the SEC/Fla ?

0% = Saban had nothing to do with it

100% = Saban was the reason

GO
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Sammy you are out of your league here

as I pointed out, LSU played florida every single year

Les miles had more to do with meyer leaving than saban

ok?

make that poll

only idiots would choose saban

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Bring back the grass eater!

Sam Odom

Rudy... relax

No other coach is in this

So give your %

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

0% for Saban
    100% for Urban's bank account

I'll go for 100%

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post

0% for Saban
    100% for Urban's bank account

I'll go for 100%

How about Urban's poor health as to why he stepped down?

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    How about Urban's poor health as to why he stepped down?
    Don't retirees and people with health problems move to Florida for that very reason?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

0%. Ohio State was always Urban Meyer's dream job.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

BChrisB

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Say you are right, then that could also apply to why Saban left Michigan State.

Sam Odom

We have the benefit of FULL hindsight now... This is just one person's opinion AT THE TIME

Why Nick Saban Drove Urban Meyer Out Of The SEC

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...out-of-the-sec

1to1000
    1to1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1367

Meyer left because he wanted to leave. Meyer like Saban get to stay or leave whenever they feel like it. Those two are the best coaches in the ncaaf. The fact that Meyer beats him in the 2014 Championships shows you Saban doesn't mean shit to him.

RudyRuetigger

looks like a thread backfire

Sammy take your talents to Miami

you are a fukkin loser

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

0%. The reason is twofold. Meyer wanted to coach at Ohio State and his wife did not like Florida. End of story.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    0%. The reason is twofold. Meyer wanted to coach at Ohio State and his wife did not like Florida. End of story.
    Lol, another stupid square take from the dumbass of the forum.

There are 2 reasons Urban left Florida. The first is that he stopped recruiting himself after he won 2 national titles and outsourced recruiting to a firm that did not get results. He also lost Mullen and got lazy with hiring coordinators. Urban because complacent with the 2 titles, he stopped recruiting, stopped making sure the had elite coordinators, he got lazy, and the program went down. He had no QB for several years after Tebow left and he was losing every year because of that. The second reason he left is how tough it is to win in the SEC and how tough the competition was across the board - Florida just wasnt' good enough for the SEC, nothing to do with Saban, the SEC was tough before Saban got there and Florida was good enough to beat any of the top teams.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post

There are 2 reasons Urban left Florida. The first is that he stopped recruiting himself after he won 2 national titles and outsourced recruiting to a firm that did not get results. He also lost Mullen and got lazy with hiring coordinators. Urban because complacent with the 2 titles, he stopped recruiting, stopped making sure the had elite coordinators, he got lazy, and the program went down. He had no QB for several years after Tebow left and he was losing every year because of that. The second reason he left is how tough it is to win in the SEC and how tough the competition was across the board - Florida just wasnt' good enough for the SEC, nothing to do with Saban, the SEC was tough before Saban got there and Florida was good enough to beat any of the top teams.
    looks like your reasoning states 0% as well

so who is the dumbass, dumbass

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Never thought of it this way...

But Sammy... you are right on.

Meyer is the type of guy to tell you where to meet to fight you. And never show up!

Fukking stand up guy... let me tell you.

RudyRuetigger

moneyshot only square on the board

figures he didn't post in the thread

prolly figuring out how he can dye his hair from grey to hook up with 35yr old misfits

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Never thought of it this way...

But Sammy... you are right on.

Meyer is the type of guy to tell you where to meet to fight you. And never show up!

Fukking stand up guy... let me tell you.
    oh finally posted

unreal

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    looks like your reasoning states 0% as well

so who is the dumbass, dumbass
    I think Saban had a lot to do with Meyer's decision leave buddy - I don't think Saban being in the SEC had a lot to do with why Meyer struggled his last couple years. The primary reason Meyer struggled at Florida his last couple years in my opinion is that he didn't recruit well and his top coordinator Mullen left. There is not question in my opinion that Saban being the SEC played a big role in Meyer's decision to not stay at Florida even though Florida would have struggled in the SEC whether or not Saban was there his last couple years dumbass.

RudyRuetigger

I think Saban had a lot to do with Meyer's decision leave buddy - I don't think Saban being in the SEC had a lot to do with why Meyer struggled his last couple years. The primary reason Meyer struggled at Florida his last couple years in my opinion is that he didn't recruit well and his top coordinator Mullen left. There is not question in my opinion that Saban being the SEC played a big role in Meyer's decision to not stay at Florida even though Florida would have struggled in the SEC whether or not Saban was there his last couple years dumbass.
    I love e fighting with idiots

I am now 150-0

thomorino

I love e fighting with idiots

I am now 150-0
    Lol, little guy, I'm saying Saban had very little to do with why Meyer struggled in the SEC. I am also saying that Saban being in the SEC had a lot to do with why Meyer decided to leave - he saw the SEC was only going to get tougher.

RudyRuetigger

There are 2 reasons Urban left Florida
    . The first is that he stopped recruiting himself after he won 2 national titles and outsourced recruiting to a firm that did not get results. He also lost Mullen and got lazy with hiring coordinators. Urban because complacent with the 2 titles, he stopped recruiting, stopped making sure the had elite coordinators, he got lazy, and the program went down. He had no QB for several years after Tebow left and he was losing every year because of that. The second reason he left is how tough it is to win in the SEC and how tough the competition was across the board - Florida just wasnt' good enough for the SEC, nothing to do with Saban, the SEC was tough before Saban got there and Florida was good enough to beat any of the top teams.
    Lol, little guy, I'm saying Saban had very little to do with why Meyer struggled in the SEC. I am also saying that Saban being in the SEC had a lot to do with why Meyer decided to leave - he saw the SEC was only going to get tougher.
    buried again clown

thomorino

buried again clown
    Lol little guy, I don't know what is so difficult. I think that Saban being in the SEC had very little to do with why Florida struggled Meyer's last couple years at Florida. I also think that Meyer's decision to leave Florida and the SEC had a lot to do with how tough recruiting and competing in the SEC would in part now that Saban was there.

If you actually take the time to think about what I wrote you can see that my point is the 2 biggest reasons Meyer left Florida is he wasn't getting top coaches and recruits, and the competition was tough. I still think Saban building another powerhouse in the SEC was a significant consideration moving forward, although I don't think Saban being in the SEC had anything to do with Florida's struggles his last couple years there.

RudyRuetigger

just stop bro

your OP said it had nothing to do with saban..I quoted, highlighted, bolded, underlined your OP about saban having nothing to do with it

maybe if I *** on that portion you will actually review it

thomorino

Lmao, I said Saban wasn't the main reason he left in my opinion - he was still a major consideration moving forward. Meyer saw how much work competing in the SEC would be moving forward.

RudyRuetigger

Lmao, I said Saban wasn't the main reason he left in my opinion - he was still a major consideration moving forward. Meyer saw how much work competing in the SEC would be moving forward.
    these are your words bro not mine

thomorino

I don't think Meyer's struggles had anything to do with Saban - I do think Saban being in the SEC impacted Meyer's decision looking foward. Are you rally incapable of seeing these 2 ideas don't contradict.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Main paragraph from a news story why Urban Meyer left Florida.... came from some Miami News outlet....

And this is why I root for teams to beat Ohio State 24/7. I love it when this man loses games. He is a flat out pussy... he TALKS LARGE.. but if you had him in a corner... he'd turtle up like the little prick he is.

Sam Odom

Happy Valentines Day