seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Did Florida really fire McElwain in the middle of the season?

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Confirmed.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

Arrogant schmucks! Hope they lose the rest of their games!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Arrogant schmucks! Hope they lose the rest of their games!
    McElwain didn't do himself any favors the past couple of weeks at the podium. But the on the field stink would do just about anyone in.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

We don't fuk around. Win or go home to fuk sharks.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    We don't fuk around. Win or go home to fuk sharks.
    Ron Zook got canned in the middle of a season at UF also, but he stuck it out and coached the rest of the season.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Seems like theyre just trying to get out of paying that 13 million dollar buyout with that death threat nothing burger. Pathetic.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ridiculous. Team returned 4 starters on defense and plays in the SEC. Michigan would have the same record if the played in the SEC.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Has to be more to it than wins and losses

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Has to be more than taking the best that Colorado State has to offer also. I think UF was sold a bill of goods

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Good fire. Get to the front of line for a new hire ahead of other big name schools like Tenn

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Good fire. Get to the front of line for a new hire ahead of other big name schools like Tenn
    Who is the hot pick like Tom Herman was last year? Please don't tell me its Scott Frost

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Who is the hot pick like Tom Herman was last year? Please don't tell me its Scott Frost
    Frost Kelly Gruden who I don’t think will leave the booth

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    It has. He lied about receiving death threats. That cocky POS didn't make too many friends from the get go, either. Like when,at the press conference introduction, said : " I don't care who's at QB. I can win with my dog ". He had to go. He was hired to fix the offense and the offense sucked even worse.
    Having said that, I heard rumors Lane Kiffin is on the short list. Please, please be just that, rumors ...

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Seems like theyre just trying to get out of paying that 13 million dollar buyout with that death threat nothing burger. Pathetic.
    UF ain't worried about $13 million. They can get that in 30 minutes. Mac has been an ass to th UAA and Bull Gators. He disrespected Spurrier last week. Then he makes up a story about death threats making the university and students look like crazed fanatics. Of course they're going to low ball his ass now.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

crazy

wtf

great coach

maybe tenny?

idk

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by lom bylyri View Post
    It has. He lied about receiving death threats. That cocky POS didn't make too many friends from the get go, either. Like when,at the press conference introduction, said : " I don't care who's at QB. I can win with my dog ". He had to go. He was hired to fix the offense and the offense sucked even worse.
    Having said that, I heard rumors Lane Kiffin is on the short list. Please, please be just that, rumors ...
    Kiffin would win big at UF. He'D be my top pick.

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Lane Kiffin would blow up the program in record time. Be careful what you wish for. He might be a descent OC but never won as a head coach. Plus he is an asshole as a human being. A bad hombre. He didn't burn bridges everywhere he went ... He C4-ed them. There was a reason USC fired him while in the air. I'm in Tampa Bay. There are people around here who know him better than he knows himself, being around his dad and what not ... Believe me, you don't want him. To Lane Kiffin his dream job was always the next one.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7847

I’d go for Kelly first. Perfect fit, all that speed right there in your own backyard, gotta think he could win a national championship at Florida.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by lom bylyri View Post
    Lane Kiffin would blow up the program in record time. Be careful what you wish for. He might be a descent OC but never won as a head coach. Plus he is an asshole as a human being. A bad hombre. He didn't burn bridges everywhere he went ... He C4-ed them. There was a reason USC fired him while in the air. I'm in Tampa Bay. There are people around here who know him better than he knows himself, being around his dad and what not ... Believe me, you don't want him. To Lane Kiffin his dream job was always the next one.
    Please, Kiffin has been brushed with a bad stroke. He was given the Oakland job too early. But even he was smart enough to not want to take Jamarcus Russell. Al Davis basically hired him because he thought he could tell Kiffin what to do and really be the coach and not Kiffin. Kiffin was vehemently against taking Russell but Davis was clearly running the show. He doubled the wins in his first year and was fired into his second because he wouldn't roll over for Davis. He then takes the UT job and improves that school as well. He had a clause that he would leave if USC ever came calling, which they did in his first year. He then took USC and improved them as well, even while under sanctions. USC lied to him telling Kiffin that the sanctions wouldn't be so bad. They were crippling. Not too many people could have had the success he had there under the circumstances. He's now taken a bottom dweller FAU into leading that conference in his first year.

So, I'm not sure where you're getting that he's never won as a head coach? He's always won. He's one of the smartest guys in football. Are you a butthurt UT fan? Sure he ruffles feathers. most winning coaches tend to do that. You're not hiring a head coach to be the bible school teacher. You hire him to win fukkking games. What coach knows the state of Florida, can recruit his ass off and would be possessed to beat Saban? Kiffin and Petrino are 2 guys that will immediately kick ass in the SEC.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    I’d go for Kelly first. Perfect fit, all that speed right there in your own backyard, gotta think he could win a national championship at Florida.
    I like anyone with experience and is a winner. UF needs a sure thing, not some up and coming hot shot at a tier 2 school. My only concern with Kelly would be his recruiting. He's not known to be a tireless recruiter. Now, I think UF recruits itself but you have to get off your ass from time to time.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

How come Florida can't get a coach to stay anymore??

Does the campus suck? No good looking women???

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    How come Florida can't get a coach to stay anymore??
    Does the campus suck? No good looking women???
    Huh? Muschamp and McElwain both sucked monkey nuts. They hung on to both a year too long. Foley screwed up with 3 out of the last 4 head coaches. He's always had a fascination with up and coming hotshot coaches. Muschamp and McElwain has set UF back for almost a decade. Time for a winner.

The campus is beautiful. The facilities were outdated but they're expanding right now. UF is one of the hardest (if not hardest) public school to get into. Academics is 2nd best in the SEC next to Vanderbilt. Still a lot of women but not like when I was there because of such high standards, a lot of the honeys are at FSU, FAU, USF, UCF and FIU but UF still represents well.

If you can't recruit at UF (which shark fukker couldn't do) you just suck. It is easy to recruit at UF.