MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Nfl ratings sink 20%

Down 20% from 2015 numbers thru week 7, with fallout effecting ad rates and wall street forecasts.

Once a snowball starts rolling...

fourlokobro
    fourlokobro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1413

Injuries and Politics are 2 major reasons... Plus, many people are stealing cable these days with streaming options, etc. and I'm sure that makes a difference

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Stadiums are empty

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by fourlokobro View Post
    Injuries and Politics are 2 major reasons... Plus, many people are stealing cable these days with streaming options, etc. and I'm sure that makes a difference
    Not really. The surveys include millions who watch over the free broadcast stations
    and anyone who watches on streaming options can say so.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

fantasy sports have taken the appeasing element out of the game to where people only care about the results which they get on their scores apps and fantasy apps. douchebags ruined football.

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

its a sinking ship with no point of return will be gone within 20 yrs
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave senseionline 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

I'm still not watching and won't tonight. Actually, life seems better. I get more done at home tonight and Sunday's are doing whatever I want which is usually the golf course.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    fantasy sports have taken the appeasing element out of the game to where people only care about the results which they get on their scores apps and fantasy apps. douchebags ruined football.
    I am not so sure. There are a lot of people that will watch some obscure game just because they are hoping that Crowell can get them 8 points. I bet a lot of Direct TV's NFL Ticket subscribers only have it because they play fantasy.

I wonder where viewership would be if there was no Fantasy Football.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

our cuck society has ruined it like it's ruined life in general in the US

it's no fun watching your team make a good play and have to hold your breath that he didn't tackle the guy too hard

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    our cuck society has ruined it like it's ruined life in general in the US

it's no fun watching your team make a good play and have to hold your breath that he didn't tackle the guy too hard
    Or some guy on one side of the field gets a holding call that had nothing to do with the actual play that took place on the opposite side of the field.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

no, ratings are just kneeling

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Too much NFL on tv. They took the novelty away. Used to only get a few games on Sunday and one on Monday Night. Now they have Thursday and Sunday nights, also. Plus all the streaming.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I am not so sure. There are a lot of people that will watch some obscure game just because they are hoping that Crowell can get them 8 points. I bet a lot of Direct TV's NFL Ticket subscribers only have it because they play fantasy.
    I wonder where viewership would be if there was no Fantasy Football.
    F'in Crowell.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Fantasy football and sportsbetting is the only life support that gives the NFL a pulse.

Every game is marred by senseless flags, insufferable reviews, egregious TV time-outs, head scratching coach's challenges, gutless playcalling, clock mismanagement, belaboring commentary on the whether or not a tackle constitutes targeting etc. etc. etc.

Now add to this the fact that despite the inundation of rules to ostensibly protect them, we seem to lose star caliber players to long-term injury on a weekly basis, further diluting what has already become an unwatchable product.

And then we try to send this shit-show to London? Lol, we're struggling to keep the audience on our home turf interested, much less gaining fans abroad. I'm beginning to think the rest of the world had it right with their whole soccer infatuation thing.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 10-26-17 at 07:11 PM.
    Points Awarded:

thechaoz gave Eddy Munny 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

reigle9

London isn't an accident. Everything is bizzarro world.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

what about 2016 numbers?

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

no doubt lol

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Inconsistent or over-officiating has turned me off to NFL , Jay Ajayi just got facemasked and bodyslammed but no call , a slight hold or incidental contact can turn into a nullified touchdown or game changing interference penalty. You can't have people making judgement calls at full speed and not let enough important calls be reviewed/challenged.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbruins View Post
    Inconsistent or over-officiating has turned me off to NFL , Jay Ajayi just got facemasked and bodyslammed but no call , a slight hold or incidental contact can turn into a nullified touchdown or game changing interference penalty. You can't have people making judgement calls at full speed and not let enough important calls be reviewed/challenged.
    It's what made me quite mma after that being an insane thought just a couple years earlier. It's impossible to bet when the judges could literally collect welfare for being retarded people.

jjgold

A lot of people are tired of the ghetto behavior whether it’s in the booth or on the field

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by eddy munny View Post
    fantasy football and sportsbetting is the only life support that gives the nfl a pulse.

Every game is marred by senseless flags, insufferable reviews, egregious tv time-outs, head scratching coach's challenges, gutless playcalling, clock mismanagement, belaboring commentary on the whether or not a tackle constitutes targeting etc. Etc. Etc.

Now add to this the fact that despite the inundation of rules to ostensibly protect them, we seem to lose star caliber players to long-term injury on a weekly basis, further diluting what has already become an unwatchable product.

And then we try to send this shit-show to london? Lol, we're struggling to keep the audience on our home turf interested, much less gaining fans abroad. I'm beginning to think the rest of the world had it right with their whole soccer infatuation thing.
    potm

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

What we have here is a combination of things.

If you said injuries, that's part of it (concussions)
    If you said overexposure, that's part of it too.
    Most of us here on these boards are between 30 and 60, we remember when football was only Sunday and Monday Night Football.
    (unless you were a fan of the NCAA, where you had Saturday)
    Remember 20+ years ago, Sunday was sacred (double sacred if you were Catholic and went to church)
    Sunday mornings in my house was Church, go to deli and get football food, park ass in front of the good TV watch 1:00 pm game, get up and eat at 4:00, part ass in front of the good TV at 4:20 and watch west coast game.

Now if you have something to do and if you have to go out on Sunday no problem, you can stream the game on your mobile device, you can record the game, tons of ways not to miss the game.
    You can miss a game and still not miss a game if that makes sense.
    Now there's Thursday night pro football, Saturday football late in the season, seems like all football all the time. People start cherry picking now. when I was a kid if the second game was Oakland and Denver it was can't miss TV, now it's "I'll watch it there's nothing else to do.

If you think politics are part of the problem, that's part of it as well.
    Nobody wants to watch millionaire baby players kneeling for a cause they really don't care much about but do it anyway because of peer pressure.

Know this, fantasy sports is not killing sports, just the opposite.
    Fantasy games puts asses in front of TV's, if you have Phillip Rivers as a QB in your year long fantasy season or weekly Fan Duel game, you're watching the Chargers game, where as if you didn't have a stake in Rivers you could no give a shit about that Charger game.

reigle9

mixing politics and the amount of money the guy makes screams hater

i'd hate the dipshit if he and will make 6 bucks an hour, for being on a fake crusade and making this country even fukkin dumber

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Smart phones...texting...there are better things to do. There a vast other entertainment out there now...like 500 cable chsnnels..dvr 4 shows at once and the phone...everything is the phone

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Streaming quality has been amazing this season

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

not enough capable qb's has made the product shit

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

People are broke. Only older boomers like 55+ year old white guys have any money. Once they're gone pro sports will crater, particularly NFL. They're the ones who can shell out thousands for season tickets and spend money at the stadiums.

Only white males are driving pro sports, when you ethnically replace your customer youre killing yourself

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    People are broke. Only older boomers like 55+ year old white guys have any money. Once they're gone pro sports will crater, particularly NFL. They're the ones who can shell out thousands for season tickets and spend money at the stadiums.

Only white males are driving pro sports, when you ethnically replace your customer youre killing yourself

wow!!

GAME OVER!

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

5 years ago I couldn't leave the TV in Sunday's. Now I haven't watched more than a handful of snaps the past 4 weeks - and those snaps were only because they had the NFL game on at the bar when I was watching the Yankees-Astros game. So many things wrong with the NFL, which have been discussed here. Throw in that it's now a complete thug league and that there's more drama in this league than a high school girls life, and I honestly can't stand it. I'd rather watch paint dry than these toolbags. Never in a million years thought I'd say that a while ago.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Fantasy football and sportsbetting is the only life support that gives the NFL a pulse.

Every game is marred by senseless flags, insufferable reviews, egregious TV time-outs, head scratching coach's challenges, gutless playcalling, clock mismanagement, belaboring commentary on the whether or not a tackle constitutes targeting etc. etc. etc.

And then we try to send this shit-show to London? Lol, we're struggling to keep the audience on our home turf interested, much less gaining fans abroad. I'm beginning to think the rest of the world had it right with their whole soccer infatuation thing.
    Other than soccer, LOL, I agree.

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Protests affecting betting?

Anyone notice any changes in the NFL regarding wagering because of protests?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Does not matter. Revenues are up 5%

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Liberal media tripping all over themselves trying to blow this McNair thing way out of proportion.