Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Eagles lose Jason Peters and Jordan Hicks for the Season. Downhill from here?

Eagles are 6-1? Just lost 2 of their best overall players. They still have Wentz, Cox, Jenkins and Jeffery but if Cox or Jenkins go down this team is a wrap.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Gain Darby next week but lose Hicks.

Should still go into bye at 8-1 and cruise to 12-4 as a weak #1 seed in the NFC.

NFC championship in Philly is most likely outcome IMO. 50/50 to get to Super Bowl to then lose to Pats or Steelers

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Hicks is not even close to their "best player".....Peters loss will be huge but if can get to the bye at 8-1 the rest of the schedule is at dallas----bears----at seattle----at LA RAMS----at Giants---Raiders----cowboys.....12-4 written all over this team

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Is Peters officially done for the season? That would be huge indeed

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Still have the best healthy qb in the NFC.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Is Peters officially done for the season? That would be huge indeed
    yep

torn acl and mcl

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Hicks is not even close to their "best player".....Peters loss will be huge but if can get to the bye at 8-1 the rest of the schedule is at dallas----bears----at seattle----at LA RAMS----at Giants---Raiders----cowboys.....12-4 written all over this team
    Hicks is amazing. Those teams you named are good dude. Record doesn't mean shit in the NFL.

At Dallas? That's a coin flip.
    At Seattle? That's a loss probably.
    At Rams? Might be a loss.
    Raiders? Can easily lose that game.

Settle down PhillyGuy

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Still have the best healthy qb in the NFC.
    You're ready to say Wentz is better than Russel Wilson?

Man the knee jerk reaction on this site is crazy

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

Next man up

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post

Should still go into bye at 8-1 and cruise to 12-4 as a weak #1 seed in the NFC.

NFC championship in Philly is most likely outcome IMO. 50/50 to get to Super Bowl to then lose to Pats or Steelers
    Cruise to 12-4? I don't think they'll be cruising to 12-4 at all. Might win 12 games but they will be tough. Eagles have gotten some good bounces and have had a soft schedule. People think the 2nd half of the season is soft because the teams on their radar have decent records. Na. I don't see the Eagles beating Dallas twice, don't see them going into seattle or LA and winning either. Raiders?

I'll take Seattle over Philly any day in a playoff game. Wilson is elite and experienced, been to 2 superbowls, has a defense built for the playoffs, the best defense in football still despite what any stats say. I don't knee jerk react. I look ahead.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Cruise to 12-4? I don't think they'll be cruising to 12-4 at all. Might win 12 games but they will be tough. Eagles have gotten some good bounces and have had a soft schedule. People think the 2nd half of the season is soft because the teams on their radar have decent records. Na. I don't see the Eagles beating Dallas twice, don't see them going into seattle or LA and winning either. Raiders?
    I'll take Seattle over Philly any day in a playoff game. Wilson is elite and experienced, been to 2 superbowls, has a defense built for the playoffs, the best defense in football still despite what any stats say. I don't knee jerk react. I look ahead.
    Split with Dallas.
    Loss to Sea.
    Split with Oak and LA, though they should win both.

Bears (home), giants, niners (home), broncos (home) shouldnt cause much trouble.

So even a split with Oak and LA would be 12-4.

13-3 is more likely than 11-5 IMO.

Seattle in Philly for NFC championship with Philly a slight favorite.

Seattle represents the NFC losing to either NE or Pitt in SB, even though beating philly twice in the same season wont be easy.

Goat Milk

Split with Dallas.
    Loss to Sea.
    Split with Oak and LA, though they should win both.

Bears (home), giants, niners (home), broncos (home) shouldnt cause much trouble.

So even a split with Oak and LA would be 12-4.

13-3 is more likely than 11-5 IMO.

Seattle in Philly for NFC championship with Philly a slight favorite.

Seattle represents the NFC losing to either NE or Pitt in SB, even though beating philly twice in the same season wont be easy.
    Philly is really just one injury away from collapse imo. If Malcomb Jenkins goes down this team is a wrap.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

They are used to playing without Hicks. He gets hurt quite often.

Peters is a huge loss. Need to hope Vaitai can step in (presumably at RT assuming they move Lane Johnson to LT).

ledjend
    ledjend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3109

Seahawks are on the way down. Defense isn't what it used to be and Lynch was their heart and soul.

Only teams in NFC that could potentially hang with Philly offensively are Dallas and New Orleans. (And obviously GB with Rodgers)

The NFL seems weak because it is, compared to the Eagles. They are hands down the most complete team and barring injuries, will be laying points in the Bowl.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

will hurt some

12-4

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ledjend View Post
    Seahawks are on the way down. Defense isn't what it used to be and Lynch was their heart and soul.

Only teams in NFC that could potentially hang with Philly offensively are Dallas and New Orleans. (And obviously GB with Rodgers)

The NFL seems weak because it is, compared to the Eagles. They are hands down the most complete team and barring injuries, will be laying points in the Bowl.
    I dunno, maybe you're right, but I don't think Seattle D has lost a step. Sherman may have, but Thomas and Chancellor are still the best safeties in the NFL. Bobby Wagner is still the best MLB probably, and you still have Bennett Richardson on the line and Clark. That team is stacked man. Russell Wilson can carry an offense.

dlunc3

I dunno, maybe you're right, but I don't think Seattle D has lost a step. Sherman may have, but Thomas and Chancellor are still the best safeties in the NFL. Bobby Wagner is still the best MLB probably, and you still have Bennett Richardson on the line and Clark. That team is stacked man. Russell Wilson can carry an offense.
    Same can be said for them too. They lose earl Thomas and the are done.

You are right though.. eagles lost three key special teamers (kicker, sproles, maragos) along Darby, Hicks and peters. SignificAnt losses. With their schedule, I don’t think it will matter in the regular season. But could be a difference maker in the playoffs. Kendricks and Darby need to come back strong.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    chalk that Seattle game as an L right now. will be close, but the refs will take it from there.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Eagles have an easy schedule but its absurd they didn't draft a single offensive linemen in early rounds the last 2 years with Peters at age 35.

ledjend
    ledjend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3109

We'll see. Agree to disagree.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It can only go downhill regardless- ocerachieving already

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Eagles have an easy schedule but its absurd they didn't draft a single offensive linemen in early rounds the last 2 years with Peters at age 35.
    Haha, I used to live there and when they went through starting lineups last night during the first drive, I was like "Damn, J Peters is still there kicking and doing well, huh"?

Too bad

dlunc3

Eagles are 6-1? Just lost 2 of their best overall players. They still have Wentz, Cox, Jenkins and Jeffery but if Cox or Jenkins go down this team is a wrap.
    Wentz went down. As did sproles.

Both lines are too strong, even without peters

dlunc3

Right on point

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Experts are constantly wrong in sports

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Yup all day...