2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

NCAA hoops 2/8 discussion thread

Just sitting down to look at the card now.

For those who are not familiar with these threads As always everyone encouraged to post thoughts, plays, or questions on any game ya interested in discussing!

This isn't a ego/rooster measuring contest. Just a place to talk about this sport that many of us love. I'm not here to claim or prove I'm any better than anyone else, these discussions are as useful to me as I hope they are to the others who ask me to start them.

If you not interested in this that fine, to each is own, just try being respectful and Ignoring us if you have nothing of value to add. However we welcome anyone to participate by answering questions or asking some of your own. At end of the day we all should have the same goal of banging out some winners. I will post thoughts on my games as I play them and answer any questions as I get to said game on the card.

2daBank

Not sure why these don't cross over? Was wanting it to be seen in PT as well as sub forum!

2daBank

Wow there some really big spreads in the metro athletic conf tonight! I'm sure they justified but some those teams it incredibly difficult to wrap my mind around laying close to or double digits in a few!

MRivera42
    MRivera42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 94

Wagner -17 at home vs 2-23 Bryant

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

good luck
    stay thirsty my friend

2daBank

Anyone know if Shake Milton gonna play for smu? Initially that line looked high to me but mustangs are getting ravaged with injuries.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MRivera42 View Post
    Man that a big number tho. Admittedly big spreads have never been a strength for me so would like to hear your thoughts on it. I gave Bryant a quick glance and they certainly seem terrible but I couldn't find a game they lost by this margin since way back in December. Lost 1st meeting by 9 at home. Matchup wise where you think Wagner exploits them? This one of few conferences I honestly know nothing about,

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Duke unc over feels square but Im starting to think it hits. Unc perimeter defense has been poor all year. Even when these teams miss their shots they’re both among the best offensive rebounding teams in the country

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Duke unc over feels square but Im starting to think it hits. Unc perimeter defense has been poor all year. Even when these teams miss their shots they’re both among the best offensive rebounding teams in the country
    Like the over.

Also like Duke +2 if that number hits, lookin like it’s about to.

JRock1234
    JRock1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1759

I got Duke at Pk. It does scare me if the freshmen will be able to handle the atmosphere of that Dean Smith Arena

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    1st and 3rd respectively I believe. Unc has been much better cleaning up their defensive glass tho opposed to puke who 192nd in defensive rebounding percentage. Seems so strange to say but does unc have enough size? I think Maye can draw one of duke bigs away from the basket but they have 2 rim protectors!! Then there that other little problem you mentioned, unc 3 point defense poor and they also shoot it poorly (under 35% in conf play), Maye actually their best shooter which great for him but doesn't exactly bode well for the team.

Can't believe I'm saying this but actually think at +120 the value lies with puke. Just don't see unc winning more than 55% of the time.

MRivera42

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Man that a big number tho. Admittedly big spreads have never been a strength for me so would like to hear your thoughts on it. I gave Bryant a quick glance and they certainly seem terrible but I couldn't find a game they lost by this margin since way back in December. Lost 1st meeting by 9 at home. Matchup wise where you think Wagner exploits them? This one of few conferences I honestly know nothing about,
    yeah idk the matchups but Bryant is top 10 worst D1 basketball in the country

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JRock1234 View Post
    I got Duke at Pk. It does scare me if the freshmen will be able to handle the atmosphere of that Dean Smith Arena
    Early on I was fading duke on road but think they have gotten lot of valuable experience in hostile environments under their belt. Tend to agree plus money the right side. Not sure who wins but that kind of the point, I'll always flip a coin with +120 odds!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Like the over.

Also like Duke +2 if that number hits, lookin like it’s about to.
    I'll always forgo the points and take the ml in these situations Dom. It burns me every once in awhile but I think long term the percent I have to hit to be profitable is so much lower it worth taking occasional loss.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Anyone know if Shake Milton gonna play for smu? Initially that line looked high to me but mustangs are getting ravaged with injuries.
    Shake doubtful tonight

First thought was pound SMU getting all these points but idk who they are without Shake (& Foster)

MRivera42

Duke in a landslide

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

I believe there is real value with Washington +7 here. First year coach has these kids believing and they’re really playing for him I feel. Dickerson very impressive lately and while Oregon really
    struggling when not playing at a high tempo.. line jumped from +5 to +7 so curious if there’s something I’m missing here injuries etc... aside from Pritchard and Wooten I’ve not been impressed with these ducks lately..

2daBank

Unless there a injury/suspension I'm unaware of I think I found a good one, very puzzling line move tho??

Illinois st +2 or +105 ml.,, lost to siu by 4 on the road in a gave Redbirds controlled for a huge part of that game. Arguably their best player Malik yarbourgh was in foul trouble throughout and only scored 6 points! Siu had a 24 to 8 advantage in free throw attempts! All that and was stil only a 4 point siu victory!! Phil Fayne scored 24 points and pulled down 10 boards. They have no answer for him as last season in the 2 games he played significant minutes he pulled down 26 boards including 15 at home in a double double effort, then another 11 (6 offensive in conf tourney). As long as everyone playing this line move makes no sense as I expect illi st to exact some revenge here.
    Points Awarded:

KDF500 gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

USC +4

Large size advantage here for the Trojans. Boatwright looking to rebound off poor performance vs UCLA in a game I think USC would have won had some of their bigs played better.. ASU obviously guard heavy and if their shots falling USC will have to match that will inside game aside from maybe McLaughlin.. wasn’t impressed watching them play Wazzou, and felt they were very fortunate to leave Pullman with a W. think USC poses a bigger obstacle here..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Shake doubtful tonight

First thought was pound SMU getting all these points but idk who they are without Shake (& Foster)
    Yea same here, injuries really taking there toll it seems, if it was just one guy I'd say no biggie but missing several key players a lot to overcome vs a talented Houston squad,

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by KDF500 View Post
    USC +4

Large size advantage here for the Trojans. Boatwright looking to rebound off poor performance vs UCLA in a game I think USC would have won had some of their bigs played better.. ASU obviously guard heavy and if their shots falling USC will have to match that will inside game aside from maybe McLaughlin.. wasn’t impressed watching them play Wazzou, and felt they were very fortunate to leave Pullman with a W. think USC poses a bigger obstacle here..
    Man I really don't like this USC team, did pretty well fading them early on. In fairness I havnt seen them much if any since conf play began tho. They are really talented no denying that, just didn't feel like they were much of a team. Not sure if the pieces just didn't fit/needed time to gel, bad coaching? I honestly don't know, they just didn't impress me. Some guys I respect have said they been much better of late. My question is did they really figure it out or is it a product of playing garbage PAC-12 teams?

Sun devils kinda the opposite tho, looked great out of conf and been anything but impressive in PAC-12 play!! My concern for Trojans would be a lot of their #2 adj defensive rating in conf comes from their league best 23.4% forced turnover rate, asu generally very strong with the rock so if USC isn't creating turnovers is asu gonna get lot of good looks?

This looks like a track meet to me. Very interested in the over 160 as I have both scoring 80+.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Yarbrough Q Because of discipline tonight Banker.. Line down to 1 tho

2daBank

Guys I gotta run out for like hour. Don't let the conversations stop. I'll be back by 2 and will pick it back up and try to respond to any questions. Keep it up tho, so far some good thoughts and info!!

hit_me90
    hit_me90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4389

Hi Bank, Is Ill st the 1st play of the day?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Yarbrough Q Because of discipline tonight Banker.. Line down to 1 tho
    Oh wow, guess that explains. I grabbed +108. Even if he out he was basically a non factor the 1st meeting and illi st really simply blew that game and I don't see there being that huge ft discrepancy at illi st either. For better or worse I'm in on Redbirds and wouldn't change my mind even if he held out (obviously hope he goes tho! Lol). Thanks for heads up buddy.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Not a great card.

I think Oregon looks like a great spot play coming off the worst loss in the Altman era and Washington coming off the two big wins over the Arizona schools. I just don't think I can take it now at 7, wish I took it earlier at 5.

No business betting the UNC game. If UNC shows up with energy I think they win, this seems like the type of game where they finally wake up.

I would normally say take Louisville in bounce back game, but that teams is crashing. I wouldn't take Ville to beat anyone in the ACC by double digits other than probably Pitt.

I like Arizona tonight in a blowout after dropping their last game.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

No problem Banker

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Keyshawn Evans out for the Redbirds due to injury. Nearly 16 ppg for the season gone. Also leads the team in minutespg.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Quote Originally Posted by MRivera42 View Post
    I like the first half -9 personally

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Keyshawn Evans out for the Redbirds due to injury. Nearly 16 ppg for the season gone. Also leads the team in minutespg.
    Oh fukk, seriously? You have a link? Havnt seen that anywhere and that be even worse than Yarborough considering Evans runs the offense a lot and he their only consistent reliable outside shooter. Please tell me you joking?!???

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Don's Best

Honestly don't know how to post a link. Sorry for the lack of know-how.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NC
    Cal Davis
    Wash
    Arizona St 1st Half

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Not even sure if Milik Yarbrough is even playing tonight. He is the birds leading scorer too. Lol

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

I love my Huskies, but think they get blown out tonight in Eugene. I hope I'm wrong.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Not even sure if Milik Yarbrough is even playing tonight. He is the birds leading scorer too. Lol
    He was a non factor the 1st meeting in foul trouble while night. I'd prefer he played but fayne will have his way down low, I'm more worried about Evans who someone posted in this thread could be out, havnt been able to find any info on him tho.

123 Last