funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Were the Lions an Early Fluke?

Why the hell are they getting 5 points in New Orleans? Stafford is probable...Without capping it at all line suggests Saints, cuz it being that high makes no sense to me..Thoughts?

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Saints off the bye...

I'm sitting here licking my chops... Only problem is Lions are a public team, look at last week.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too early to say they got beat by a very very good team

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Too early to say they got beat by a very very good team
    I was not referring to their loss...I am referring to the line...It doesn't make sense to me...I may play the Saints just based on the line itself with no other considerations involved.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Matthew Stafford is questionable... Word around Detroit is optimism for him playing but that he has multiple injuries from last week.

Our 2nd best WR (Golladay) has missed the last couple games. Our 1st round draft pick TE (Ebron) couldn't catch a balloon floating on his chest. Haloti Ngata went down last game with an injury. Jarrad Davis has missed multiple games on D.

Lions O-line is 10x better than last season and Stafford is the real deal but they have to avoid injuries to keep winning.

yankees10
    yankees10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Detroit or no play teams tend to do opposite the results of their previous game when facing opponents from the same division back to back strange but true ( check colts and chargers results this past Sunday )

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Line strictly based on Stafford being more banged up than normal.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Saints improved the last two games.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Lions lost or taken away a win from a great falcons team. (Short 4 inches)

Lost by 3 to Carolina who just beat the defending champions at new England

its not like they lost to the Browns or something.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Lions lost or taken away a win from a great falcons team. (Short 4 inches)

Lost by 3 to Carolina who just beat the defending champions at new England

its not like they lost to the Browns or something.
    Paco...Gotta read more than the Thread Title....Reason is not the losses to good teams...It is the LINE only...Doesn;t make sense to me...BOL PAco

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Lions are a playoff team, most likely one and done though. Still not completely sold on their defense, if Ziggy gets hurt who steps up? They did a nice job solidifying the offensive line.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post
    Saints off the bye...

I'm sitting here licking my chops... Only problem is Lions are a public team, look at last week.
    public wins more bets than they lose. how is that a problem?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Matthew Stafford is questionable... Word around Detroit is optimism for him playing but that he has multiple injuries from last week.

Our 2nd best WR (Golladay) has missed the last couple games. Our 1st round draft pick TE (Ebron) couldn't catch a balloon floating on his chest. Haloti Ngata went down last game with an injury. Jarrad Davis has missed multiple games on D.

Lions O-line is 10x better than last season and Stafford is the real deal but they have to avoid injuries to keep winning.
    Golladay isn't better than Jones....

Marvin Jones has been covered by every team's number 1 corner. Patrick Peterson even shadowed him and so did Xavier Rhodes.... If Marvin Jones wasn't even as good as Golladay no way PP would even bother running around the field with him. Clearly the players know who is best.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Lions IMO playing far better than expected.

Stafford does do a lot of checking at the line... I give him credit for trying.... but sometimes better off sticking with the same played called.

He's not Brady... or Rodgers.

Stafford will play... don't know how healthy he will be?? But he will play 100% in my book.

Jnelson1182
    MBF
    Jnelson1182's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

Lions are definitely playing better than anyone expected them too, I don't think they should have lost to car, I think they just didn't play the way they should have.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

saints are 7-4 against the spread coming off the bye week past 11 seasons...... I like the saints to cover anything under 6 although Detroit +5.5 sure is tempting. saints are good, but not amazing. have only had one home game which they lost.. have to crunch the numbers a little more on this one.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Golladay isn't better than Jones....

Marvin Jones has been covered by every team's number 1 corner. Patrick Peterson even shadowed him and so did Xavier Rhodes.... If Marvin Jones wasn't even as good as Golladay no way PP would even bother running around the field with him. Clearly the players know who is best.
    Disagree. No way Marvin has more raw taken than Kenny.

95% of NFL teams do not shadow. PP, Rhodes, etc. just line up outside, and in 2WR sets Marvin is that guy. Golloday has been missing games but when he plays he comes in for 3WR sets and therefore gets the alternative cb.