dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    ESPN is losing money and viewers because technology has changed and people aren't subscribing to cable, Dish or DirecTV services anymore.

Not that complicated. In fact, it was inevitable.

This is so much like the kneeling/flag issue, it's scary. Look, I can't stand Hill and I don't watch ESPN much anymore. And I don't agree personally with those who kneel during the National Anthem. But ESPN's correction in the marketplace was inevitable. And Americans have a fundamental right to peacefully protest racial or social inequalities in this country.

The idea that ESPN's politics are getting in the way of its popularity, or the idea that players are kneeling because they're anti-flag/anti-American, is mind-numbingly stupid. Yet so many people have bought into both narratives hook, line and sinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You hit the nail on the head, theyve lost a lot of money so what they do, turn their SPORTS channel into a social commentary platform, its hilarious. Yet people fall for it.
    Oh look, it's two goofballs sitting on their unicorns denying gravity to eachother

You want to say they are losing viewership and money because of technology changes, meanwhile tons of posters on here have said why they refuse to watch ESPN anymore or only watch live sports. And sure cord cutting has had an effect, but why are people cord cutting? Overcharging for a crap, offensive product.

Then you want to call criticizers of kneelers as ignorant, but call those kneelers peaceful protesters yet they have no clue what they are protesting and no data or evidence to back up their numerous vague claims. They are mostly overpaid idiots who never grew up with a father disciplining them so they resent any boss or authority figure not letting them get away with acting like jungle fauna.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Oh look, it's two goofballs sitting on their unicorns denying gravity to eachother

You want to say they are losing viewership and money because of technology changes, meanwhile tons of posters on here have said why they refuse to watch ESPN anymore or only watch live sports. And sure cord cutting has had an effect, but why are people cord cutting? Overcharging for a crap, offensive product.

Then you want to call criticizers of kneelers as ignorant, but call those kneelers peaceful protesters yet they have no clue what they are protesting and no data or evidence to back up their numerous vague claims. They are mostly overpaid idiots who never grew up with a father disciplining them so they resent any boss or authority figure not letting them get away with acting like jungle fauna.
    All Im saying is youre being used as always, race sells, youre falling for it. Blame the ones behind the curtain, unplug the channel, but misdirecting your hate is what you guys always seem to do.

dlowilly

All Im saying is youre being used as always, race sells, youre falling for it. Blame the ones behind the curtain, unplug the channel, but misdirecting your hate is what you guys always seem to do.
    I don't disagree that the media was focusing on it when they thought it was good for ratings, but nobody forced those fools to sit or kneel

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

A real level-headed response. You cite a handful of SBR posters as your data for supporting a false ESPN narrative, then conclude your argument against peaceful protesting by saying "they are mostly overpaid idiots who never grew up with a father disciplining them so they resent any boss or authority figure not letting them get away with acting like jungle fauna."

The sweeping generalizations are classic. You painted a perfect picture.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

ESPN is losing money and viewers because technology has changed and people aren't subscribing to cable, Dish or DirecTV services anymore.

Not that complicated. In fact, it was inevitable.

This is so much like the kneeling/flag issue, it's scary. Look, I can't stand Hill and I don't watch ESPN much anymore. And I don't agree personally with those who kneel during the National Anthem. But ESPN's correction in the marketplace was inevitable. And Americans have a fundamental right to peacefully protest racial or social inequalities in this country.

The idea that ESPN's politics are getting in the way of its popularity, or the idea that players are kneeling because they're anti-flag/anti-American, is mind-numbingly stupid. Yet so many people have bought into both narratives hook, line and sinker.
    Agree, technology is the issue, not their politics..

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I don't disagree that the media was focusing on it when they thought it was good for ratings, but nobody forced those fools to sit or kneel
    Why does kneeling upset you so much though. Its before the actual event, all of what, 1 minute and 30 seconds, you still have 2 and a half hours of sports left. People like you seem to just want to be mad at something to distract you from your life. When they threw the gays, queers, and trannies in your face your response was, "They arnt bothering me, what does what theyre doing have to do with me". Millions capitulated, foregoing lifelong morality stances, to each their own. Not so with this, in your mind how does kneeling affect you?

dlowilly

A real level-headed response. You cite a handful of SBR posters as your data for supporting a false ESPN narrative, then conclude your argument against peaceful protesting by saying "they are mostly overpaid idiots who never grew up with a father disciplining them so they resent any boss or authority figure not letting them get away with acting like jungle fauna."

The sweeping generalizations are classic. You painted a perfect picture.
    You can all you want

A sizable sample of the demographic that watches/watched ESPN is right on here telling you their reasons and you choose to ignore it and make up your own narrative. Then you call people who criticize ignorant protesters the ignorant ones. These "generalizations" you refer to are supported by data, experience, and the words and actions of those directly involved. Your faulty narratives are pulled straight out of your unicorn's ass.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

White people are your bread and butter supporting all sports

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Not a liberal at all.

Just telling the truth.

Open your eyes and educate yourself.

I really feel sorry for you these days, JIB.
    I'd like to think I keep an open and honest mind and my opinions are based on what I see and read.. Please enlighten me on what I need to be educated on exactly?..

No need to feel sorry for me either as I'm living the American dream and am as happy and healthy as can be these days.. ...

dlowilly

Why does kneeling upset you so much though.
    1) Because it's an inappropriate time and unrelated way to protest. They could hold protests outside of police stations, they could take a knee when police are introduced or announced, or they could actually do something in these neighborhoods and open communication between their people and the police. Instead they chose the most offensive thing to the most people that they could get away with as a "protest"

2)It's BS. They got riled up by the manipulative media focusing on a few videos sometimes years old because they are dumb and impulsive. Nothing supports their claims. How about protesting heroin dealers, or government waste and efficiency, you know stuff that is really happening? But no they want to be lying drama queens and give the finger to the very people who watch them play (look at the stadium demographics) and make them their millions.

jjgold

Football can care less about blacks getting killed

They are trash

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Technology has changed, but it doesn't mean that something else has no impact on viewership. People have clearly stopped watching for a multitude of reasons. It isn't exclusive to technology.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You can all you want

A sizable sample of the demographic that watches/watched ESPN is right on here telling you their reasons and you choose to ignore it and make up your own narrative. Then you call people who criticize ignorant protesters the ignorant ones. These "generalizations" you refer to are supported by data, experience, and the words and actions of those directly involved. Your faulty narratives are pulled straight out of your unicorn's ass.
    Good god, man

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Technology has changed, but it doesn't mean that something else has no impact on viewership. People have clearly stopped watching for a multitude of reasons. It isn't exclusive to technology.
    There are a million different ways to view content, get information, and watch specifically what you want to watch in this day and age. And here's the death blow: it's a hell of a lot cheaper, if not free.

A more efficient, effective way to get news and information came along, rendering ESPN virtually irrelevant almost overnight for everything other than live broadcasting of games, which it paid a goddam fortune for. This isn't about the channel's politics or stance on social issues. It's simple supply and demand.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

1) Because it's an inappropriate time and unrelated way to protest. They could hold protests outside of police stations, they could take a knee when police are introduced or announced, or they could actually do something in these neighborhoods and open communication between their people and the police. Instead they chose the most offensive thing to the most people that they could get away with as a "protest"

2)It's BS. They got riled up by the manipulative media focusing on a few videos sometimes years old because they are dumb and impulsive. Nothing supports their claims. How about protesting heroin dealers, or government waste and efficiency, you know stuff that is really happening? But no they want to be lying drama queens and give the finger to the very people who watch them play (look at the stadium demographics) and make them their millions.
    Hard to take you seriously when you post something like this.

A tip: take the time to read or listen to an interview or two, instead of just posting these sweeping generalizations. And this is coming from someone who personally is in alignment with your premise: that you would like to see them standing.

The difference? I recognize the fact that they have the right to do so, and it is not my position to judge that. I also respect (even if I don't wholeheartedly agree with) the message I've heard from many of these players re: motives.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

How would libtards react if white players took a knee because too many stupid fvvcks are on welfare? hmm...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    How would libtards react if white players took a knee because too many stupid fvvcks are on welfare? hmm...
    How about if whites took a knee because so many blacks are committing crimes and in prison today and wasting our tax dollars? Raise your kids up right or we take a knee!!!!

That sound ruthless but numbers don't lie ..

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

This is an issue because mass media makes it an issue.
    You take the cameras off the kneeling 'protesters' the issue goes away.
    But why would mass media take the cameras off the 'protesters'?
    They have no reason to. Nothing gets the unwashed masses talking like a good drama.
    The better the drama the more the unwashed masses get involved.
    The more the unwashed masses are involved the bigger the viewing or listening audience which leads to more revenue for the TV and radio stations. Seriously, why would station bosses tell the news crews and cameramen to stand down.
    Money, it's the American way.

I see eye to eye with Stephen A Smith maybe 20 percent of the time, that number is probably closer to ten percent, I don't hate on him because he got to where he is the old fashioned way, he put it the work, I read his biography, he paid his dues.

The ones that hate on Stephen A. don't get it, he plays the same game as Rush and Hannity.
    Rush says what he says for viewership, he doesn't believe everything that comes out of his mouth, but knows what buttons to push to keep the Rush yahoo's loving him and keep tuning in, and the Rush haters who want to choke the life out of his lungs to keep tuning in too just to hear him to get pissed off. Rush plays that game perfectly, been doing it for decades, Stephen A is getting good at that game too.

Cameras ain't going away anytime soon fellas, if you are tired of the bullshit, if you are tired of the story, walk away.
    I'm walking away, there's nothing new to see here boys, story has been spun to the point where you can't spin it anymore.
    "Right's right, no left's right, liberals are retards, no conservative republicans are retards, Hill's an ugly bigot, no the President is a blowhard idiot" That's all I'm getting now. Like the 80's song "Talk, talk"

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

There are a million different ways to view content, get information, and watch specifically what you want to watch in this day and age. And here's the death blow: it's a hell of a lot cheaper, if not free.

A more efficient, effective way to get news and information came along, rendering ESPN virtually irrelevant almost overnight for everything other than live broadcasting of games, which it paid a goddam fortune for. This isn't about the channel's politics or stance on social issues. It's simple supply and demand.
    I'm not disagreeing about technology, and the new ways to view games. Just saying that there are people not tuning in because they dislike the kneeling, and what the game has become. Some of us still just use good ole basic cable. Well, I do stream games if it's not on TV. Out of necessity. I don't watch the NFL much anymore because the product is crap. The kneeling was just icing on the shit cake.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Former ESPN host and columnist Jemele Hill is joining The Atlantic as a staff writer covering "the intersection of sports, race, politics, gender, and culture," the magazine's editor-in-chief, Jeffrey Goldberg, announced Monday morning.

Hill, 42, left ESPN in August after nearly 12 years with the company, most recently as a columnist for The Undefeated, a web site that focuses on racial and cultural issues related to sports. She has become one of the most well-known figures in sports media in recent years due to her willingness to wade into politics, drawing praise from some and criticism from others — the president of the United States among them.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Hill said she was ready to "spread my wings in different ways" and that her relationship with ESPN had "run its course."

"There’s a wider playground that I can dabble in, and places where the discomfort is okay," she told the magazine. "I wasn’t going to be able to be happy with myself if I didn’t adhere to this calling that’s beckoning me right now."

jjgold

She’s finished she made a big mistake getting involved with social issues , her career is only going to go down

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

A magazine with such a high-brow reputation (at least yrs ago) is hiring this ghetto rat? Oh, a jew is the editor. Makes sense now.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    A magazine with such a high-brow reputation (at least yrs ago) is hiring this ghetto rat? Oh, a jew is the editor. Makes sense now.
    of course

Jews slimy and Dems and low class but RICH

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Jews slimy and Dems and low class but RICH

Totally uncalled for

jjgold

Sammy I’m Jewish

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Sammy I’m Jewish

SBR_John is 1/4

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^ My best bud and business partner is Jewish, but he's a light weight Jew.. Orthodox Jews are throw backs in time and weird as hell, anti-social in general to others IMO.. They are all over the place and breeding like rabbits in sections of Hollywood, California.. They completely isolate with in their own communities. They generally keep to themselves, look down on other people of different religions and criticize Jews that are not all in like they are..

My Jewish bud avoids them at all costs in public.. They aren't violent though so that's a good thing.. My buddy tells me stories when he would go Orthodox temples in his 20's, the rabbi would call non Jews sub human animals, forbid Jews to marry non Jews, etc.. Extremely racial views.. My Jewish buddy got extremely turned off by it all in his early 20's and ran away from it all...

He ended up marrying an Korean chick that is Christian in the end.. No lie.... He's is as happy as can be today for it.. A good guy like JJ....

Sam Odom

Korean chicks do gymnastics in the bedroom

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Korean chicks do gymnastics in the bedroom
    My buddies Korean wife is pretty fit and stacked I wouldn't rule it out Sammy ...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by CDUBB_CW View Post
    First off, I commend you for your military background. It's always great to know a little background about ppl on Socially Blatant Racists (SBR). I think Pryor would have liked that one lol. My bad if you felt like I attacked you, but I'm just having a non-confrontation debate with your believes from what I've read.

And hell yeah I sing along to Eminem. He pays homage to the pioneers before him and last but not leas he doesn't say the N-word. No white person gets a free pass to say that word.
    I don't drop the 'N' bomb because God forbid if I'm labeled a cracker.
    If I drop the N word out of context, or even in context I'm looking for trouble, the same way the person who labeled me a cracker is going to be looking for trouble.

First ... 5678