KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    LOL... you don't think his selective decision to talk about half of a sentence, and refuse to speak about the other half isn't as good as an admission?

Anyway, time will tell.
    No, I think he did the right thing. He used his time for real issues and issued his denial through his spokeswoman.

That's what she's for.

Time won't tell anything. The debate in here is about whether or not he denied it.

He issued a very specific denial through the proper channels.

He put the media, who directly asked him about nonsense, in their place.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Oh wow, doesn't anybody read anything anymore?

The State Department, the one Tillerson is in charge of, denied any such words were said.

That was posted in this thread already.

It's amazing what gets counted as news stories these days.

Tillerson put everyone in their place by outright saying he would not "deal with petty stuff like that."

A lot of petty people dealing with petty fake stories still in this thread.

Unreal.
    and still people continue to make up facts.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

It's what the lefties do

Throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks

Sometimes people refuse to clean it off. That doesn't mean it isn't still crap.

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

No, I think he did the right thing. He used his time for real issues and issued his denial through his spokeswoman.

That's what she's for.

Time won't tell anything. The debate in here is about whether or not he denied it.

That's why the media is ... well the media. To ask about that kind of stuff. You think it's not a big deal when an employee calls their boss " a fcuking moron" ? Any employee, in any kind of business. I'm almost certain that Tilly knows that's got to be some kind of recording or something. Otherwise he would have put them for real in their place with a strong, unequivocal " NO "and that would have been the end of it. But apparently, unlike his boss,Tilly has a backbone and it considers a big deal to be called a liar later. My opinion.
    Last edited by lom bylyri; 10-07-17 at 05:34 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by lom bylyri View Post
    Otherwise he would have put them for real in their place with a strong, unequivocal " NO "and that would have been the end of it. But apparently, unlike his boss,Tilly has a backbone and it considers a big deal to be called a liar later. My opinion.
    I agree. He will refute half the sentence himself but is too honorable (or maybe clever?) to lie to the camera out of his own mouth.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

That's what she's for.

Wasting your time, my man. Lefties are so delusional that in their mind they were in the room, and heard Rex call him a fckin moron. Hell, they even have heard that his whole team has called him names somehow.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post

Wasting your time, my man. Lefties are so delusional that in their mind they were in the room, and heard Rex call him a fckin moron. Hell, they even have heard that his whole team has called him names somehow.

I'm not on either side. And still think Trump was a better choice than Hillary.

It's just obvious what went on and kind of bemusing to see usually intellgent people stick their head in a bag and cry about ideology instead of just seeing the situation for what it is.

Why is it the end of the world if one of the President's top men has enough balls to call out some of his shit?

It's good. He needs good advice from good men, not a bunch of yes men around him like Kim in NK.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    and still news media and Trump haters continue to make up facts.
    fixed..

It's either that or back to the same old boring Russia/Trump collusion shit show, 2 scoops of ice cream, or Melania's shoes, etc.....

Kinda pathetic the once respected liberal news media just can't report real news anymore with real substance and try to get ratings that way....

Cuse0323

I'm not on either side. And still think Trump was a better choice than Hillary.

It's just obvious what went on and kind of bemusing to see usually intellgent people stick their head in a bag and cry about ideology instead of just seeing the situation for what it is.

Why is it the end of the world if one of the President's top men has enough balls to call out some of his shit?

It's good. He needs good advice from good men, not a bunch of yes men around him like Kim in NK.
    Opti, I don't have you in the lefty group at all. I disagree with you here, but know you're just taking what is out there and making what you see as a logical conclusion. I don't know if he called him a moron. Don't think many people know the answer. If he did, great. No big deal. I call people I respect morons all the time. The Boy Scouts mean a lot to Rex, so he possibly did. I just don't think we can definitively say so because of a news report from a network that hates him.

Two alphas butting heads.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post

Opti, I don't have you in the lefty group at all. I disagree with you here, but know you're just taking what is out there and making what you see as a logical conclusion. I don't know if he called him a moron. Don't think many people know the answer. If he did, great. No big deal. I call people I respect morons all the time. The Boy Scouts mean a lot to Rex, so he possibly did. I just don't think we can definitively say so because of a news report from a network that hates him.

Two alphas butting heads.

I'm glad he has a tough, smart, bastard like Tillerson on the team. I kind of hope he can call Trump a fukking moron direct to his face and get away with it personally. Would increase my confidence in Trump himself if he can deal with insiders like that.

Cuse0323

I'm glad he has a tough, smart, bastard like Tillerson on the team. I kind of hope he can call Trump a fukking moron direct to his face and get away with it personally. Would increase my confidence in Trump himself if he can deal with insiders like that.
    I am hoping that he doesn't let Rex go. They have some differing opinions though. Which is healthy, and more important than whether he called Trump a moron or not. Rex does a good job, and I'd like to think Trump can put that above something so moronic. Pun intended.

He obviously has a big ego, so we shall see. I think Rex will be fine though. Similar to the Sessions situation. He will move on from his disappointment, annoyance, or whatever he feels from the situation, and keep him. Their disagreements on things important will be the deciding factor in the end. The Iran Deal, NoKo, etc.

First 12