Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

Is this a good time to buy bitcoin or will this head south of 4000 again?

Actually a client wants to buy a number of high-end sports cards from me with btc & he seems pretty shrewd at timing when the coin peaking. Do you expect this to rise or fall in the next 30 days?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Tell him to convert the Bitcoin to cash and give you your price.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

BTC will eventually get to $10k in the next year, so I'd take it but charge him a processing fee like Coinbase. LOL

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Personally I'm long on bitcoin, but the only problem is late October is when the exchanges in China are supposed to shut down so there may be one more shock wave if China wants to try and get cute with another twist right at the deadline. The original news of the shut down has already been digested, but we could see one more twist as the deadline approaches so it may dip once more as the procrastinators in China are trying to sell last minute (I'm adding this caveat since you said 30 days).

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Personally I'm long on bitcoin, but the only problem is late October is when the exchanges in China are supposed to shut down so there may be one more shock wave if China wants to try and get cute with another twist right at the deadline. The original news of the shut down has already been digested, but we could see one more twist or as the deadline approaches it may dip once more as the procrastinators in China are trying to sell last minute (I'm adding this caveat since you said 30 days).
    China and Korea pulling out but BTC is in it's infancy. If you are looking the next 30 days, it's a coin toss. If you're not going to hold for long term (at least a year), just take the cash.

Johnnythunder

Mr Papa G - How low can this go in the next 30 days in your opinion? I can convert this into dollars at any time before late October correct?

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    China and Korea pulling out but BTC is in it's infancy. If you are looking the next 30 days, it's a coin toss. If you're not going to hold for long term (at least a year), just take the cash.
    He's only paying with BTC...I assume I can cash this out into USD any at any time. Coin toss as in 50/50? & what would be the low point in your opinion?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    How low can this go in the next 30 days in your opinion? I can convert this into dollars at any time before late October correct?
    If you're in the U.S. you can convert anytime you want one one of the exchanges accepting U.S. customers. In the past couple months I've seen it go as high as $5k, I've seen it go to near $3000.

Look at the 1 month chart. https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/bitcoin

The bottom out was when China announced they were banning the exchanges.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 09-30-17 at 09:52 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

He's only paying with BTC...I assume I can cash this out into USD any at any time. Coin toss as in 50/50? & what would be the low point in your opinion?
    Why would he only pay with BTC? Smells fishy? He could easily convert the BTC to cash and pay you or at least get gift cards. I'd be a bit skeptical tbh, unless you already have an account setup and you can verify the transfer. Be careful.

Do you have any crypto accounts like coinbase, Kraken, bitfinex, cex.io? If you do, then you can move to cash at any time. If you don't, you need to get educated before you get ripped off.

BTC is ~$4,300 right now. I think it'll go lower in the next week but end up higher in 30 days but that's like guessing on a stock moving. If you need the money, than it's not worth guessing. I don't think it will go lower than $3,600 as that seems to be the resistance level.

Johnnythunder

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why would he only pay with BTC? Smells fishy? He could easily convert the BTC to cash and pay you or at least get gift cards. I'd be a bit skeptical tbh, unless you already have an account setup and you can verify the transfer. Be careful.

Do you have any crypto accounts like coinbase, Kraken, bitfinex, cex.io? If you do, then you can move to cash at any time. If you don't, you need to get educated before you get ripped off.

BTC is ~$4,300 right now. I think it'll go lower in the next week but end up higher in 30 days but that's like guessing on a stock moving. If you need the money, than it's not worth guessing. I don't think it will go lower than $3,600 as that seems to be the resistance level.
    Thanks man. He bought some pricey cards from me a few months ago & things went smoothly but I get the feeling he times his responses (I sent him pics of these cards weeks ago) & he's just answering now. I suspect he anticipates a further dip in the price of btc.

I just have a block chain wallet at this point. How could I get ripped off? If it stays at 4300 & I cash out soon after accepting payment - what could go wrong?

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Take the bitcoin just sell it when your ahead.

Mac4Lyfe

I just have a block chain wallet at this point. How could I get ripped off? If it stays at 4300 & I cash out soon after accepting payment - what could go wrong?
    The easiest way would be to steal/copy your crypto key. All BTC are basically the private key (blockchain). How can someone steal it? Email you a file with a summary of BTC's he's sending with a backdoor key logger that could give him access to your key or accounts. He could sniff your wireless network and gain access somehow that way as well. Most people aren't smart enough to do but there's a lot of sophisticated hackers that can drain your BTC accounts without you knowing. I'm not trying to scare you but be careful.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

lol what a bunch of squares you must have hooked in

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Stay long you can get destroyed trying to guess the market nobody knows

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Jamie Dimon said it's a worse bubble than the tulip mania.