Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Anyone else not very high on OKC Thunder's new team? Under 55 wins?

I don't think OKC is going to be that good. Melo isn't an outlet-pass or start-the-break kinda guy. And he isn't the fastest guy getting up and down the court. So how much of an impact is he going to have on a team that is expected to be 2nd in the league in transition points? Kanter was pulling down 7 boards in 21 minutes. He was 24pts and 11 boards per 36 min... Better than Paul George and Melo. Westbrook had no problem getting shots up at the same % Melo shot them. Yea sure, they should all get better looks because the floor is spread.

So last year the Rockets won 55 games for third in the league. I think Melo gets Love & Bosh'd this year and they lose games early in the season because they are a new team and play hero ball. Whats your O/U?

And how about how loaded the west is? Swap the Wolves out for Utah and the top 9 teams could have winning records this year.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

There is really no way to know until they play together.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Everyone always says these teams that throw a bunch of superstars will have trouble meshing bit they always seem to make it work. See the Heat, Cavs, and Warriors.

I think this will really help Steven Adams. The lane should clear up for him to get back to his 2016 form.

OKC will be good. I'm not sure how they'll compare to the Warriors but at least they have a punchers chance this year.

Roberson on Durant
    Paul George on Klay Thompson
    Westbrook on Curry
    Melo on Green?
    Adams on Pachulia

Those are pretty solid matchups across the board for OKC defensively. I mean, who else in the league matches up like that?

The problem might be the bench for OKC. Donovan will have to do a good job mixing and matching.

At the very least, as a Thunder fan, I'm just glad they're going all-in and at least we have a few more bullets in the chamber.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

I hear ya on the it being a fun season for fans. For bettors, the season win total should be inflated.

The Heat were the perfect example of it taking time... By far the most talented team bragging about winning 8 before they came up short season 1 and started season with a bunch of losses. Cavs only won 53 games and came up way short in year 1. Warriors? Already champs before swapping 6th man for Durant.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

When comparing a team with the Warriors' lineup you don't count Pachulia, you count Iguodala -that is the lineup that has them 1.6 on the outright market.

I like the Thunder personally. Only potential problem I see for them is that they have 3 huge egos, so coach Donovan has his work cut out for him. Anthony needs to understand he's the 3rd wheel now.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Anthony and Westbrook can't shoot the three ball. Game over vs the warriors.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

their awful. melo at powerforward? LOL. and no bench. good luck. another dumb trade. knicks are laughing with this one.
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave lonegambler23 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

No way to know, my money is staying in my wallet. They'll lack depth but with some creativity they can have two hall of famers on the floor at all times that can score 60 in any given game. melo at at the 4 will be a def liability but an advantage on the offensive end. Russ will have more shooters to pass out to but only so many shots to go around...

Tons of talent, probably second in NBA but never played together and Donovan isn't a proven commodity. Gun to head I think 55 is pretty solid but I'd take under if I had to bet.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

OKC won 46 without Melo and PG13 and Russ playing hero ball, no doubt about it they will win more close games and have more options in the fourth quarter this season, I would bet over 55 easily. No way that group loses 28 games.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I like the Thunder team better today than I did last week. Kanter is allergic to playing defense and has a bad contract while McDermott hasn't proven he can get his shot off in the pros. Also, 1 of The 3 stars will need to be ok with sacrificing some numbers. I don't like their bench all that much either so Donovan will have to keep 1 of the 3 on the floor at all times for a scoring threat.

55 seems like a good number. If I had to choose, I'd go over.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    OKC won 46 without Melo and PG13 and Russ playing hero ball, no doubt about it they will win more close games and have more options in the fourth quarter this season, I would bet over 55 easily. No way that group loses 28 games.
    totally different season and dynamic

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Best team OKC has had since the traded Harden.

Juozuu
    Juozuu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3428

Definitely an improvement over the last years roster, however, reminds me a bit of Lakers - Kobe/Howard/Nash experiment. Carmelo is an aging ball hog, George still very immature. I'm not completely sold on the couch either, I think it will be up to Russel to make things work. 55 wins are a lot in the west, it's hard to see them winning that much in the first year playing together.
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave Juozuu 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

What's wrong with the couch?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Anthony and Westbrook can't shoot the three ball. Game over vs the warriors.
    Game over vs every team

NO defense either

I know the game and Anthony is a team killer

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Carmelo probably has the most to lose if the season goes sideways. I was saying in the other thread... Westbrook and George can walk away from this experiment and Melo is stuck there. Its very possible The Knicks make the playoffs 2018-19 and Melo is watching them from his ouch in Oklahoma.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Carmelo probably has the most to lose if the season goes sideways. I was saying in the other thread... Westbrook and George can walk away from this experiment and Melo is stuck there. Its very possible The Knicks make the playoffs 2018-19 and Melo is watching them from his ouch in Oklahoma.
    Melo is used to losing. His act will wear thin with Westbrook quick

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

The addition of Melo, call me crazy, will cost them wins. You think Melo's ego is going to allow Westbrook to go off every night? Nope! And that spells trouble for the team.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Where r u seeing 55 wins offered? Highest I've seen it is 53.5, with most being 52.5

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

He already won the next 2 years by getting out of New York.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

The only reason I would be hesitant to not take an over on them, is its probably going to take a few months to gel and their bench is trash. But that starting lineup...damn.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Where r u seeing 55 wins offered? Highest I've seen it is 53.5, with most being 52.5
    55 was a guess. I saw the other numbers too but I think they were all pre-Melo. Does anyone have season wins totals back up yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    The only reason I would be hesitant to not take an over on them, is its probably going to take a few months to gel and their bench is trash. But that starting lineup...damn.
    But 3 ISO players? But agree on the beginning of the season. That is where the season win total gets lost. If they start hot, they are in good shape. Watch for those first 5 games and the big spreads.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

55 was a guess. I saw the other numbers too but I think they were all pre-Melo. Does anyone have season wins totals back up yet?

No those are after the trade

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

What about Knicks over 30? They probably get better, w/ Carmelo out the door.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

55 wins is alot to ask for 3 guys that have never had to truly sacrifice their strengths to win games

Alot of things can be said about miami when lebron was there but the success hinged mostly on wade's (and bosh at times) ability to sacrifice looks and shots to keep lebron content and in rhythm

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

What's your guys' thoughts on Westbrook's all out style having a positive effect on Anthony's play? I just can't see a star playing with him and not giving it his all. Might be a decent year for the Thunder.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    No those are after the trade
    source?

Harden and Hardettes got 55 wins last year. I'd expect a higher o/u.
    Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    What's your guys' thoughts on Westbrook's all out style having a positive effect on Anthony's play? I just can't see a star playing with him and not giving it his all. Might be a decent year for the Thunder.
    Maybe this will be Westbrook's chance at redemption? To show he can play within a team? But we all saw Durant run the court like a mad man and Westbrook look him off and pull up. If he goes pass first, they could be very good.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

I see it at the Greek now. Very interesting. So the market says the new guys are only worth 5.5 wins.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

I got the line at over 52.5

All 3 guys can create their own shot

all 3 guys can str8 shoot the rock

Paul George defensive smothering along with Andre Roberson and Adams?

Cmon .... could be the best defensive team int he league based on nightly match ups

think you guys are underplaying the combo of Westbrook and Paul George alone

Melo is just another shooter out there who ... even though you can criticize his game

is one of the most natural scorers you are going to see in the NBA

So to me , 52.5 at only (-115) is a steal

Between the power 3 Melo,Westbrook,and George

it means at least one of them will always be on the floor throughout each game

OKC is now the only team with the most All Star playing time logged in the whole NBA

To put this all in perspective please just read this as slowly as it will take to absorb 100% of the substance it contains

You ready ? Here it comes.... its directly below this sentence. (read it from left to right for best results)

The Thunder have turned Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis,Enes Kanter and Doug Mcdermott into

Paul George and Carmelo Anthony. Read that again if you have to .

Good luck with whatever you do Billy Dozer and fellow fellows but I already made love to the over

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

^Insane what Presti pulled off.

52.5 at -115 is a great bet. I see them at 54-56 wins easily. Melo will finally get to show himself.

Lance Thomas wrote a great piece about him, if anyone cares to know about the real Melo. Not the selfish ballhog bum that people seem to think he is.

Fidel_CashFlow

Thanks for that Cuse, if anything noticing what Presti pulled off there my man

Gosh people overvaluing Enes Kanter for fukk sakes????

Victor Oladipo ... heres what Oladipo did in the Rockets series in playoffs last season

Now remember how bad of a team Rockets are defensively ... yet Oladipo shot 14-51 from the field

So about 25% from the field, with not many assists and averaging almost 40 minutes per game ???

Doug Mcdermott did absolutely nothing to help ... eaither did Kanter, the stats are right there

And Damontas Sabonis as the final factor ??? The guy didnt score over 15 points but once last year

nor did he pull down more than 9 rebounds in any given game

Now insert these 2 guys for those guys

Its off the charts what Presti pulled off

Forget the regular season , check what Paul George did against a very stacked Cavs team in the playoffs

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4251/paul-george

That production though .... and you know he was fukkin smothered all game, who can afford to smother

Paul George with Melo and Westbrook on the floor with him now

Melo put up 23 ppg , 6 boards, and 3 assists ... yes he shot the ball but only 4-5 times did he attempt

more than 25 shots in a full game.

Its the Paul George play that truly boggles my mind as a complete all time steal ... but what they gave up

in production and whos actually going to help put up W's all season long, the Melo trade holds almost as much

WOW factors in it imo .

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    their awful. melo at powerforward? LOL. and no bench. good luck. another dumb trade. knicks are laughing with this one.
    I agree... there is no depth on this team. I would play the Under 55 wins.

Just a bunch of All Stars to sell Home Games... that's it. Won't go anywhere.

Cuse0323

It is truly amazing. They gave up some fringe starters, and bench players. Along with like a 2nd round draft pick for two all star, Olympic Gold medalists. Unreal.

Fidel_CashFlow

depth could be a slight problem

but as said above, when you are going to have 1 of the big 3 on the floor ALL game long

They can hide their depth problem greatly. Barring a big injury depth wont be a huge wound like you think

Plus I also see the Thunder getting another nice piece halfway through the season or earlier

When im seeing the Rockets with 55.5 and 56 season wins as their total

it helps me realize how much of a potential steal getting Thunder at 52.5 (-115) could really be

TheMoneyShot, you are going to be screaming rigged the first full slate of regular season games anyways my man

Go grab a cold Coke and hit the showers my dreamy blue eyed friend

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    ^Insane what Presti pulled off.

52.5 at -115 is a great bet. I see them at 54-56 wins easily. Melo will finally get to show himself.

Lance Thomas wrote a great piece about him, if anyone cares to know about the real Melo. Not the selfish ballhog bum that people seem to think he is.
    Ive been touting Presti since well before kd left and even more since. Lot of haters decided to creep out of the closet and take cheap shots at presti with the benefit of hindsight after kd left. Presti did everything he could to keep kd. Presti is one deal away from this being a championship team. They just need more depth somehow, some old Wiley vets looking to get a ring need to come in and settle for limited minutes. Plus Adams has to step up and this team will compete with the top 4

Cuse0323

Felton, Grant, Collison, Singler, Patterson are good enough for depth. Grant is a freak of nature. Then they have a few unknowns that may step up.

12 Last