milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

**these lightning delays are getting silly

oh no! lightning is only 7 miles away!

big fukkin deal

just play the game, it's not like they're running around on a metal field and holding 30 feet poles in the air

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Remember when there used to be no such thing as a delay in a football game

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Remember when there used to be no such thing as a delay in a football game
    and yet in all those years, and all those games, way more people have been killed by eating peanuts at those games

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s the Pussification of America that’s been happening

We are so primed to get taken over by another country within 15 years

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Real silly until a fan gets struck by lightning! If you wait until you see the bolt above the stadium it is already too late

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

The Air Force game has been in a delay for over an hour now. OK, looked like there were some thunderstorms 50 miles away, I get that. But come on, play in the rain. There were no thunderstorms anywhere near C. Springs for the last half hour.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Real silly until a fan gets struck by lightning! If you wait until you see the bolt above the stadium it is already too late
    please tell me how someone is going to get hit by a bolt of lightning that is 8 miles away

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Yeah but if you punt the football really high it's susceptible to being struck by a bolt of lighting and it could travel back to a time that preceded the construction of the football stadium itself and the football could fall out of the sky and bean an innocent child who's running about a meadow chasing butterflies...

You wouldn't want that to happen now, would you?

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Well if I was a fat fukk like yourself with a metal plate in my head I would also be worried about lightning

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

With all the brain injuries from football, lightning should be the least of their worries.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I've never seen lighting strike a football field in all my years of watching.. Never heard of a player or fans getting struck by lightening in a stadium either in my 30 years of watching.. Now out of no where we have lightening delays, it changes everything in a game and fans start leaving..

Bad for football and a hoax...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I've never seen lighting strike a football field in all my years of watching.. Never heard of a player or fans getting struck by lightening in a stadium either in my 30 years of watching.. Now out of no where we have lightening delays, it changes everything in a game and fans start leaving..
    Bad for football and a hoax...
    5:07

You are a dumb ass if you are not in a shelter during a lightning storm. There is only one rule to follow when it comes to lightning safety. If you see lightning or hear thunder, seek shelter (and a tent is not shelter). Do not go back outside until at least 30 minutes has passed from the last bolt or sound.

I'm sure we have a lot of big boys here that are too strong to ever get hit. Knock yourself out.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Mac what do you expect from these wannabe tuff guys.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave King Mayan 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

^Yep, a lot of idiots love to fuk with mother nature.

Texas has had some very sad lightning deaths the last 20 years. Weird that it's usually the star player that gets hit. It's shocking how people still take it so lightly. We had a track coach that had kids practicing with lightning right behind the track last year. It took a bolt to hit a lamp post to make them scatter. Later on he started laughing about it. I almost punched him in the face. Summer swim team coaches had kids in pup tents and under trees (worst place to be) during a lightning storm this year until parents finally put them to task. A lot of stupid.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

More people die on average from lightning strikes in a year than tornadoes or hurricanes. We evacuate entire counties for the latter...evacuating and delaying a mostly meaningless football game is hardly thread worthy.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Mayan never has to worry about getting struck by Lightening

A Fire Hydrant is taller than he

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    More people die on average from lightning strikes in a year than tornadoes or hurricanes. We evacuate entire counties for the latter...evacuating and delaying a mostly meaningless football game is hardly thread worthy.
    tornadoes and hurricanes scams too

hippos kill thousands of people every year... maybe we should evacuate every zoo because there is a hippo in the area

and maybe we should evacuate every road when there is a car on it because there are over 100 traffic deaths every day in the us

people die from all sorts of weird shit... can't live your life in fear of a lightning bolt that's 8 miles away

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Americans live in fear

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Americans live in fear

not blacks & latinos... they be ballin

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

trump wants fans to stay and take a knee during lightning delays in protest

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Mac what do you expect from these wannabe tuff guys.
    would the liberal swine mac4lyfe turn back while escaping a flood in his make believe navy seal pontoon boat if he saw a lightning bolt in the sky. choices, choices. what would the weather expert do. i'm sure he would guide that boat right to the nearest shelter to be safe and wait his 30 minutes before venturing out again spewing advice to anyone who would listen about the dangers of floods, hurricanes, tornados, snowstorms and now thunder and lightning.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Let me break out the odds..

1 in 700,000

The odds of becoming a lightning victim in the U.S. in any one year is 1 in 700,000. The odds of being struck in your lifetime is 1 in 3,000. Lightning can kill people (3,696 deaths were recorded in the U.S. between 1959 and 2003) or cause cardiac arrest.Jun 24, 2005

Mac4Lyfe

Let me break out the odds..
    1 in 700,000
    The odds of becoming a lightning victim in the U.S. in any one year is 1 in 700,000. The odds of being struck in your lifetime is 1 in 3,000. Lightning can kill people (3,696 deaths were recorded in the U.S. between 1959 and 2003) or cause cardiac arrest.Jun 24, 2005
    So what are you saying Jibbby??? 1 in 3000 is high as shit. Are you really taking that chance?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    would the liberal swine mac4lyfe turn back while escaping a flood in his make believe navy seal pontoon boat if he saw a lightning bolt in the sky. choices, choices. what would the weather expert do. i'm sure he would guide that boat right to the nearest shelter to be safe and wait his 30 minutes before venturing out again spewing advice to anyone who would listen about the dangers of floods, hurricanes, tornados, snowstorms and now thunder and lightning.
    Wow, this pussy is still following me around. Dude, you already showed your vagina by backing out of a ban bet and you still come here like a dumb bitch to start shit. Every time you post, it's about me. Why are you so thirsty? Why are you so infatuated by me? How are you able to post while you're juggling my nuts?

You are a fukking nobody. Who the fuk are you? What rat hole did you come out of? How long have you been on this site? Can one person vouch for you? You've posted over 3,000 times on this site and NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FUKK YOU ARE?? This shit is perplexing. Have you at least given out a winner? How about contribute something constructive to any discussion? Do you even read what you post? Reread that shit above. You type like you have dyslexia. Where did you learn Ebonics? Have you ever heard of sentence structure? How about caps, proper periods and punctuation's? You have a fukkin speech impairment typing on the internet. LOL

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Lightning is dangerous folks, it's smart to delay and evacuate.

You have to respect mother nature when it comes to those things we just can not control.

This is one of those things.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    So what are you saying Jibbby??? 1 in 3000 is high as shit. Are you really taking that chance?
    Over rated.. Players aren't wearing metal either. Fans are more likely to get hit in the stands then the players..

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

guess little leaguers should be glad Benjamin Franklin wasn't their coach

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Wow, this pussy is still following me around. Dude, you already showed your vagina by backing out of a ban bet and you still come here like a dumb bitch to start shit. Every time you post, it's about me. Why are you so thirsty? Why are you so infatuated by me? How are you able to post while you're juggling my nuts?

You are a fukking nobody. Who the fuk are you? What rat hole did you come out of? How long have you been on this site? Can one person vouch for you? You've posted over 3,000 times on this site and NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FUKK YOU ARE?? This shit is perplexing. Have you at least given out a winner? How about contribute something constructive to any discussion? Do you even read what you post? Reread that shit above. You type like you have dyslexia. Where did you learn Ebonics? Have you ever heard of sentence structure? How about caps, proper periods and punctuation's? You have a fukkin speech impairment typing on the internet. LOL
    pretty weak comeback for someone who is scared of lightning and thunder. what would you do if in the next flood when you would be evacuating in your brand new 4000.00 navy seal pontoon boat which i'm sure you've assembled by now while multi tasking on here. i love run on sentences especially if it infuriates you. while evacuating because of course you always know the right thing to do, you saw a lightning bolt would you return to your waterproof man cave or head for a shelter for a 30 minute wait until the lightning stopped.
    i don't think you planned or prepared for that event.

Mac4Lyfe

Over rated.. Players aren't wearing metal either. Fans are more likely to get hit in the stands then the players..
    Jibbby - metal does not attract lightning. It does not matter if you are wearing metal or rubber. Metal is a conductor, so you could be electrocuted yards away if you were touching a metal bench or fence.

There's obviously more fans spread across a wider area, so chances are that fans would get hit before players but everyone is at risk. The lightning delays are there for the fans and the players. So as a fan, do you seek shelter when there's lightning in the area? Or do you stay in your seat?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibbby - metal does not attract lightning. It does not matter if you are wearing metal or rubber. Metal is a conductor, so you could be electrocuted yards away if you were touching a metal bench or fence.

There's obviously more fans spread across a wider area, so chances are that fans would get hit before players but everyone is at risk. The lightning delays are there for the fans and the players. So as a fan, do you seek shelter when there's lightning in the area? Or do you stay in your seat?
    There are a million ways you can die and being struck by lighting probably isn't gonna be one of them.. 1-7000 chance is all I need to know.. That's probably being generous..

Am I gonna hold up a lighting rod to the sky during an electric storm, no, but if I'm a fan sitting in the stadium I ain't moving.. I'll take my chances... Over rated..

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

There are a million ways you can die and being struck by lighting probably isn't gonna be one of them.. 1-7000 chance is all I need to know.. That's probably being generous..

Am I gonna hold up a lighting rod to the sky during an electric storm, no, but if I'm a fan sitting in the stadium I ain't moving.. I'll take my chances... Over rated..
    There are also things you can do to increase the risk of getting hit by lightning.

Not evacuating the stadium and staying on the open field are two of those things.

It's just a matter of controlling risk factors.

Now let's cash the Raider moneyline...

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Lightning is not patriotic...

When thunder roars...
    Go indoors.
    For the sideline boors,
    get down on all fours!!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

It's not so much people getting struck by lightning that worries NCAA and NFL brass.

You have to consider when teams punt the football really high up there and stuff. Hail Mary passes too... the ball and it's altitude place it at a greater risk of being thunderstruck.

The football would effectively become sizzling pork rind as it flutters back to earth and that would mar the integrity of the game, so why not just press the "pause" button and resume play when scary skies have abated?

Use your stupid brains, guys.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

F-ing goofs up in Wisc

so scared

12 Last