JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

Mexicn teen smuggler drinks liquid meth at border and dies..

Mexican family sues the State and gets 1 million dollars in a wrongful death suit.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNP-0Lpa9ak

I don't see how this is the agents fault if the teen said it was juice and then the agents ask him to drink it then.. Teen should have known better and not been smuggling Meth into the US anyways.. Thoughts?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-19-17 at 06:00 PM.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

The agents tricked a 16-year old kid into killing himself. They might as well have just taken out their guns and executed him. How can you defend that sort of behaviour?

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

As a former employee of the U.S. Marshal Service, I can tell you those agents have a legal responsibility to protect people in their custody. If the agents truly believed the substance was an illegal substance they had a legal obligation to stop him and test the substance.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bosigga, and wikkidinsane

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    The agents tricked a 16-year old kid into killing himself. They might as well have just taken out their guns and executed him. How can you defend that sort of behaviour?
    Tards will defend anything.

Migo
    Migo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

How would you feel if that kid was your son or your little brother. Common sence bro

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11824

Tough case. Sucks for everyone involved.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Migo View Post
    How would you feel if that kid was your son or your little brother. Common sence bro
    How would you feel if your son or little brother's life has been ruined or ended from meth sold by drug dealers? I feel slightly less sorry for this kid than a flattened frog on the road. Better him than US citizens.

He accepted payment to do something he knew was wrong and didn't give a shit about who's lives were being ruined. Unfortunate? Sure. No big loss though and taxpayers paying his family off is a joke. The twin snowflakes Snapperman and Jtoler being outraged should indicate which side of the argument is bull crap.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 09-19-17 at 06:25 PM.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

It's his fault for drinking it. Who cares. And since when are Mexicans making meth? I thought meth was a redneck thing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The 16 year old kid said it was juice so the agents told him to drink it then..

The question is did the agents know for sure it was drugs and that it would kill him if he drank it? That is the million dollar question.. Still that kid doesn't look like a 16 year old and he's smuggling in meth.. If that Mexican kid brings in all that liquid meth how many people's lives does that effect and ruin?

Not sure how to think about this? Kid was really stupid to drink it though..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7588

Old story. It was the agents fault. Just like it's usually 👮 who are at fault.

themike78

100 percent the kids fault. It's not like they forced him to drink it. All he had to do was be honest. Instead he's dead. Meth is the worst drug there is. Have you ever seen what people look like after they start doing it. It's horrible.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    It's his fault for drinking it. Who cares. And since when are Mexicans making meth? I thought meth was a redneck thing.
    Nope it's starting to replace the crack on the streets here in hoods of LA now.. There are meth houses popping up and getting raided all the time now here in Compton and Watts.. It's usually Mexican gangs running them.. Use to be just Crack Cocaine on the streets in Los Angeles, California but now Meth is all over the place, cheaper and slowly taking over..

I know this because I read about it and have a few friends that live in the hoods and that are in law enforcement.. They tell me.. Meth is worse then crack cocaine I think.. Both bad though..

dlowilly

Suicidal Empathy-Feeling sorry for people that hate you and don't care or hope you die

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    Did he know what was in it?

jtoler

Yes they pretty much knew what was in it, its stated they run across this quite a bit.
    Last edited by jtoler; 09-19-17 at 06:48 PM.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The 16 year old kid said it was juice so the agents told him to drink it then..

The question is did the agents know for sure it was drugs and that it would kill him if he drank it? That is the million dollar question.. Still that kid doesn't look like a 16 year old and he's smuggling in meth.. If that Mexican kid brings in all that liquid meth how many people's lives does that effect and ruin?

Not sure how to think about this? Kid was really stupid to drink it though..
    Jibby, It's quite obvious they suspect it's drugs. Why else would they be inspecting it like that. Instead of testing it they ask him to take multiple swigs of it. The kid is 16. Those agents had a much better idea of what drinking that would do to him than he himself did.

By tricking him into killing himself they are no better than the cartel members that tricked him to be a mule. How can you defend this? What is wrong with you people?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8048

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Tough case. Sucks for everyone involved.
    I get what you are saying.

North America is a litigious society.

Spill hot coffee on your lap while driving .... sue McDonald's for making the coffee too hot.

Dry cleaners loses Judge's pants ... he sues them for 54 million dollars. 54 million dollars over a pair of pants

A criminal drug smuggler drinks meth from his own free will ... parents sue the US government

Everything is someone's else's fault

Kermit

I'm confused, if the kid knew what was in the bottle, then why did he drink it?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post
    Jibby, It's quite obvious they suspect it's drugs. Why else would they be inspecting it like that. Instead of testing it they ask him to take multiple swigs of it. The kid is 16. Those agents had a much better idea of what drinking that would do to him than he himself did.

By tricking him into killing himself they are no better than the cartel members that tricked him to be a mule. How can you defend this? What is wrong with you people?
    How did they trick him? Did he not know what was in the bottle?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I thought we are supposed to obey those in law enforcement. Youre the same type person who when a cop kills someone you say if only the guy had did what the cop said.
    Yeah that would make sense if they brought him in and said, "Drink what's in that bottle." However he was asked what was in the bottle, he lied about it, so they asked him to drink it if that's what he said it was. He knew and the agents knew all he had to do was decide to tell the truth instead of trying to avoid the legal consequences of his illegal actions. Instead el dumbo made an even dumber decision than smuggling liquid meth for pay.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    You said it yourself. It's a kid.
    He probably had no idea what it really was or how lethal it it would be - or else he wouldn't have drank it. You really think he got a proper schooling on what it was he was carrying?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Yeah that would make sense if they brought him in and said, "Drink what's in that bottle." However he was asked what was in the bottle, he lied about it, so they asked him to drink what he said it was. He knew and the agents knew all he had to do was decide to tell the truth instead of trying to avoid the legal consequences of his illegal actions. Instead el dumbo made an even dumber decision than smuggling liquid meth for pay.
    The thing is they knew or had a pretty great idea what was in it. Since they knew why offer him to drink, just do drug test of contents.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I read ya.. Like I said if the Agents knew it was a hard liquid drug then that's bad and incorrect procedure and moral misconduct by the border agents to have the Mexican drink it.. He wasn't forced to drink he was asked to drink it.... Kid said it was juice..

He doesn't look like a kid and what about him smuggling in all that Meth and being stupid enough to drink it?

Tough call IMO.. If the border agents were truly wicked in the heart and knew what might go down if the kid drank it then shame on them.. I agree to that but that's about it.. I don't have alot of sympathy for Meth drug smugglers bringing in all that Meth into the United States.. That kills people too..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-19-17 at 06:59 PM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Just three drinks and he's dead. Some potent shit right there.

Agents screwed up for sure.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8048

huh? Not saying they did a smart thing but what about personal responsibility? Natural selection

Kermit

Guess the kid never watched South Park.

dlowilly

The thing is they knew or had a pretty great idea what was in it. Since they knew why offer him to drink, just do drug test of contents.
    I'd be willing to bet a large sum at some point in this mule's life someone in the drug trade told him not to drink the drugs

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I'd be willing to bet a large sum at some point in this mule's life someone in the drug trade told him not to drink the drugs
    He was barely drinking it, kinda bsing around with the swigs, seems he knew it wasnt a good idea.

dlowilly

He was barely drinking it, kinda bsing around with the swigs, seems he knew it wasnt a good idea.
    Like I said, it's unfortunate, but the world experiences a greater net loss when a frog gets run over.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Both agents should go to jail

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Him and the agents obviously didn't know that it would kill him, else he wouldn't have drunk it, nor would they make him. He knew he was carrying drugs but probably had no idea how much would be a lethal dose. So now, he takes the gamble and drinks it instead of getting busted. Most kids would probably do the same which is why these agents were very irresponsible. Just test the bottles then arrest him. They hold a position of authority. So it looks like they might have ordered him to drink it, which we will never know. But a smart agent would automatically say "woah, what the hell are you doing? Stop, we're confiscating this". I'm surprised that these agents would be so under trained and we would allow liquids across the border anyway, without some type of test (drinking it is not a test). I do think these agents are liable but we should have laws that limit the amount you can be awarded, especially if you are committing a crime.

themike78

The guy was 16 years old not 6 years old. He knew exactly what's up. Cmon.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6177

This is ridiclous now how do the criminals get the sympathy

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I read ya.. Like I said if the Agents knew it was a hard liquid drug then that's bad and incorrect procedure and moral misconduct by the border agents to have the Mexican drink it.. He wasn't forced to drink he was asked to drink it.... Kid said it was juice..

He doesn't look like a kid and what about him smuggling in all that Meth and being stupid enough to drink it?

Tough call IMO.. If the border agents were truly wicked in the heart and knew what might go down if the kid drank it then shame on them.. I agree to that but that's about it.. I don't have alot of sympathy for Meth drug smugglers bringing in all that Meth into the United States.. That kills people too..
    Don't take it from me. Read the 2nd reply in this thread. They don't have to be 100% certain what it is or what it will do. If they suspect it's illegal, which they clearly did, they shouldn't have asked him to drink it and should've done a simple test on it.
    One bottle said "black tea" and other said "apple juice" - yet both looked thicker and were the same liquid. Obviously it raised a red flag to them.

Yet Neither of the agents was reprimanded.

dlowilly

This is kind of the same situation as the cops. We have human beings constantly dealing with criminal animals who the public has no ethical expectations for. Every once in awhile things aren't going to go perfectly, but that's because of sheer case volume of human beings dealing with scum, not because those human agents or cops are corrupt or don't know how to do their job.

123 Last