Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Will Stanford Bounce Back after humiliating loss ( TD Fave ) ?

@ Home v UCLA

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    @ Home v UCLA
    UCLA is fatally flawed on defense. It will not be fixed this season.

Stanford will win handily. And UCLA will host Colorado on 9/30 - Bruins will lose that game too.

Sam Odom

Shea

thinking the same

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I don't know. Both teams are leaking oil. My gut tells me Shaw pulls it together but you never know when/if Rosen has a Heisman like day? Both teams are on my auto fade list for now, so probably a no play.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't know. Both teams are leaking oil. My gut tells me Shaw pulls it together but you never know when/if Rosen has a Heisman like day? Both teams are on my auto fade list for now, so probably a no play.
    Shaw's record against the spread at home in night games is great.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

UCLA is 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games against Stanford. They are also 0-4 ATS in their last 4 regular season efforts at Stanford. UCLA is also 1-11 ATS against an opponent off a SU/ATS loss. They have no defense at all, and a HC who looks lost half of the time.

Stanford is 8-0 ATS against a team with a SU/ATS loss. They are hurting offensively, but do have one of the better defenses in the Pac 12. Shaw has never lost to UCLA. The line is Stanford -7 1/2 at -105. 7 -115 is also available in some shops in Vegas. This game is certainly worth a long look. The loser takes a major hit in this game.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Sdsu is legit.

I would not call it a humiliating loss.

Stanford just not that good this season.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Sdsu is legit.

Stanford just not that good this season.
    This...SDSU a great team...Penny would be the Heisman winner if he didn't play all his games at 10:00pm. I firmly believe he is much better than Pumphrey.

No one watches

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    This...SDSU a great team...Penny would be the Heisman winner if he didn't play all his games at 10:00pm

No one watches
    San Diego State is a good team that had a very good run defense, it was a good matchup for them, and Stanford was playing 2nd straight road game, tough spot for them, Stanford should roll here.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    UCLA is 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games against Stanford. They are also 0-4 ATS in their last 4 regular season efforts at Stanford. UCLA is also 1-11 ATS against an opponent off a SU/ATS loss. They have no defense at all, and a HC who looks lost half of the time.
    Stanford is 8-0 ATS against a team with a SU/ATS loss. They are hurting offensively, but do have one of the better defenses in the Pac 12. Shaw has never lost to UCLA. The line is Stanford -7 1/2 at -105. 7 -115 is also available in some shops in Vegas. This game is certainly worth a long look. The loser takes a major hit in this game.
    My head says go with Stanford but my heart says who the hell knows if Rosen goes GOAT. He could do just enough to actually win this game. This has pass written all over it.

thomorino

My head says go with Stanford but my heart says who the hell knows if Rosen goes GOAT. He could do just enough to actually win this game. This has pass written all over it.
    Stanford's secondary was solid on the road against USC, I think they can contain Rosen, who has been very inconsistent.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

agree that there is no shame in losing in san diego

curious as to stanford's defense........... some really ugly numbers this season for a perennially elite defense. played two excellent teams and one horrendous team.

i wonder if they miss solomon thomas alot. plus it seems like stanford's D has done miracles in the past with thin talent - elite talent for sure. wouldn't surprise if they suddenly break down some day - like today..

bryce love's numbers have been awesome. but doesn't seem the same as with mccaffrey. he doesn't get that many touches......... quick perusal shows their passing game has been unbelievably horrid at times.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No Stanfords finished they can't recover from bad losses

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

UCLA has 5th string defensive players in...

Take the over

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Sdsu is legit.

Exactly.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

No Stanfords finished

they can't recover from bad losses

wow...

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Shaw and Andrew Luck basically sold their souls to win football games while he was QB at Stanford.

In 2008 a few gifted Stanford Trekkies approached Shaw with an experimental mind melding procedure and he and Luck agreed to go ahead with the procedure.

They are now irreversibly inter and intradimensionally connected. However goes one goes the other. As long as Luck is injured and on the sidelines, fading Stanford is the way to go.

Actually it isn't certain that it's irreversible, but the Stanford graduate students who performed the procedure have long since disappeared into Silicon Valley

ByeShea

but my heart says who the hell knows if Rosen goes GOAT.
    Only reason I've been watching UCLA is bc of Rosen and he was the 2nd best QB on the field Sat. Let's not forget that half of his heroics vs A&M was against an undisciplined team that was already partying on the sidelines. Fact is, he takes dopey chances. Had only one pick six vs Memphis, but defensive damage could have been worse. Personally, I think there's too much hype surrounding him. Difficult to live up to it.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Only reason I've been watching UCLA is bc of Rosen and he was the 2nd best QB on the field Sat. Let's not forget that half of his heroics vs A&M was against an undisciplined team that was already partying on the sidelines. Fact is, he takes dopey chances. Had only one pick six vs Memphis, but defensive damage could have been worse. Personally, I think there's too much hype surrounding him. Difficult to live up to it.
    Oh, I personally think he's overrated but he does have an NFL arm and can make a shit load of throws most guys can't. He's a fukking wildcard. If he plays average or below, which is very likely, they could get the doors blown off. But, if he catches lightning in a bottle, he could take over this game. Which is why I will most likely stay away. Too many other good games out there. The over seems the best play but even that could be in doubt if Rosen looks like shit. This game is all about him IMO. If you trust him, play him, else fade him. Too inconsistent for me.

ByeShea

Congrats stanford backers, 58-34 was the final as a backup QB (2 TD passes, 1 rush TD) had to enter the game in the first quarter because starter got injured. He had never thrown a TD pass before, but no matter, he was facing the Bruins.

Colorado has more than enough offense to also shred UCLA's defense. They come home after a loss at Washington Huskies and after the Buffs win by 2 touchdowns or so, my guess is that there will be no more free rides on UCLA's/Rosen's reputation this season - and make no mistake, last night was a free ride.
    Last edited by ByeShea; 09-24-17 at 08:07 AM.

Sam Odom

Congrats stanford backers.

yup

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Buried here

killed my day

gojetsgomoxies

can't remember the exact timing but stanford lost 3 of their 4 starters in the secondary - 2 to targeting, 1 injured. that's the best set of CBs in the Pac12 lost right there. i think it was all in 2nd half though.

very very impressive win............ i think at some point bryce love deserves some heisman love.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Congrats stanford backers, 58-34 was the final as a backup QB (2 TD passes, 1 rush TD) had to enter the game in the first quarter because starter got injured. He had never thrown a TD pass before, but no matter, he was facing the Bruins.

Colorado has more than enough offense to also shred UCLA's defense. They come home after a loss at Washington Huskies and after the Buffs win by 2 touchdowns or so, my guess is that there will be no more free rides on UCLA's/Rosen's reputation this season - and make no mistake, last night was a free ride.
    You have your schedule all screwed up. I guess you do not wager on college football because if you did, you would know that Colorado lost to UDUB at HOME, and play UCLA AWAY, not the way you have it.

gojetsgomoxies

great performance by Stanfrod but i will say the QB starter wasn't exactly burning it up for the cardinals.... as a UCLA announcer said, Bryce Love is so impressive in that he picks up so many yards when the defense absolutely knows what's coming.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You have your schedule all screwed up. I guess you do not wager on college football because if you did, you would know that Colorado lost to UDUB at HOME, and play UCLA AWAY, not the way you have it.
    Nope, no bets here. Already said that I've been following UCLA's progress because of Rosen - nothing about bets but speculation that Stanford would win easily - and a genuine congrats to whoever bet them.

May have got the Colorado schedule mixed up, but I'm not really following them. I do know they had a young core and finally had their first good showing in the conference last year.

None of this, however, will put anything near Pac12 personnel in UCLA's def backfield - so my main point, that the Bruins are fukked, stays the same.