Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1545

Players don't really care about winning, do they?

Guys after the Giants game giving each other jerseys.....Laughing it up. They don't give a rat's ass.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

They go home, get blown, and eat whatever they want. Hell, at the same time while watching TV. Pop some pills, and call it a day. No, most don't give a sheet. The greats do.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Mostly blacks

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most do not it's why losers

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24811

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Mostly blacks
    It's been said that Fans care more than Players. Players are happy, as long as the check clears.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

kobe might have been the last pro to really really care

and MLB has a few

Bluehorseshoe

There's a picture of Cole Beasley yucking it up after the game with Emmanuel Sanders and an autographed jersey. You just got your ass handed to you and you're laughing it up.

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    There's a picture of Cole Beasley yucking it up after the game with Emmanuel Sanders and an autographed jersey. You just got your ass handed to you and you're laughing it up.
    was that the time someone cant remember who got ripped couple years ago laughing and celebrating with other team ON SIDELINES after super bowl loss its a joke nowadays

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

I always think these kinds of posts are silly. What do you want players on the losing team to do? Hang their heads? Punch people? Cry? Judge the play on the field. Once the game is over no lever of moping or outward rage is going to change anything.

Do you do that after a bad day at work? Hang your head? Yell at your family? I sure hope not.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I always think these kinds of posts are silly. What do you want players on the losing team to do? Hang their heads? Punch people? Cry? Judge the play on the field. Once the game is over no lever of moping or outward rage is going to change anything.

Do you do that after a bad day at work? Hang your head? Yell at your family? I sure hope not.
    Leave the field. You're going to pal around with guys you just went to battle with??

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

The players are there to do a job and are best served by being motivated to have a job than to waste emotions and energy on caring about winning the game.

If they cared about winning the game, they might do something on the field that is different than the play called.

If players don’t follow the coach’s plays, then they will get replaced by another player who will run the play called.

Winning and losing aren’t at stake for the players, but keeping a starting job is at stake, always.

This from retired linebacker Chris Borland…

”It's like a spectacle of violence, for entertainment, and you're the actors in it. You're complicit in that: You put on the uniform. And it's a trivial thing at its core. It's make-believe, really. That's the truth about it."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ge-nfl-forever

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    at least they had a reason to be posing together i would give these 2 a pass. other players not so much

shutupandbet
    shutupandbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1671

the deal is, even when they dont care, they play their sport better than 99.9% of people on the planet, so nothing will change.. they will come out with half assed effort, get their checks, and live happily. fans may rip them but they barely will notice that

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

MLB used to have a rule where players couldn't talk to the other team before the game. Umps would come out and make sure they didn't.

CWD
    Update your status

if so then thats slap in the face of any true fan and goes against everything they market towards fans

then again true fans dont really go to games like they used to, and this is one of the reasons

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

As long as the check clears for 98 percent of them. Not many like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning left.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

A lot these guys work out with each other during the off season and are friends, so can't expect them to hate each other after their game is over.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Beasley and Sanders were college teammates at least

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10214

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    kobe might have been the last pro to really really care
    and MLB has a few
    ~~~~~
    Kobe....Really really cared about getting that Colorado rape out of the courts.

Actually, many others really care in the MLB, NFL, NHL and to a lesser extent the NBA.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

I am not sure I have ever agreed with d2...but he is spot on here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Only the all time greats care and that is why they won and excelled