milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Lions 2-0? Hot Team?

Won't be able to get a seat at Ford Field next 7 Home Games.
    come on, it's detroit

you can get tickets to the carolina/detroit game for $37... cleveland/detroit for $34... minn/detroit for $58

https://www.vividseats.com/nfl/detro...5-2291657.html

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    come on, it's detroit

you can get tickets to the carolina/detroit game for $37... cleveland/detroit for $34... minn/detroit for $58

https://www.vividseats.com/nfl/detro...5-2291657.html
    At those prices you can't get into NHL or NBA game in Toronto. That's 2 beers and a hotdog.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    At those prices you can't get into NHL or NBA game in Toronto. That's 2 beers and a hotdog.
    nhl games are pretty expensive everywhere around the midwest too, except detroit and columbus

lakerboy

nhl games are pretty expensive everywhere around the midwest too, except detroit and columbus
    Yes. The NHL is a complete gate revenue league. The 20000 people or so that come to the games are pretty much the fan base of the city in most cases.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Blues games sure steep these days..

I remember the good ol days at the old barn when I was 13-14-15 we used to get tix for the blues/blackhawks playoffs for like 18 bucks!! Now that barely gets ya a beer and hot dog, lol.

2daBank

Yes. The NHL is a complete gate revenue league. The 20000 people or so that come to the games are pretty much the fan base of the city in most cases.
    Shoot not in stl, blues following strong..

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Blues games sure steep these days..

I remember the good ol days at the old barn when I was 13-14-15 we used to get tix for the blues/blackhawks playoffs for like 18 bucks!! Now that barely gets ya a beer and hot dog, lol.
    still quite a bit cheaper than chicago and minnesota, at least for sharks games if i remember right (we go to a bunch of those)
    blackhawks make no sense, mediocre arena in a crap area and it costs $500 for a family of 4

milwaukee mike

this red head on the avalanche broadcast gets my juices flowing

hubba hubba

probably the only reason to watch this vegas/col preseason game

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

the drinks are cheaper, the food is better, the parking is easier, and you're not stuck sitting 2 inches away from people on either side

totally agree with you at this point

the place we go sometimes for packers games even gives out free green shots when they get a td
    Yup..

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Psu just got 100k for Georgia St. College is a whole different ballgame for the atmosphere.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

NHL is definitely the greatest experience in person. So glad I got to see a Rangers game. Though we came in midway through the 2nd because the dumb biotch I was talking to is a moron, and never mind. Not going there. It's crazy how different it is than on TV.

NBA is eh, okay. MLB is boring to me, but I enjoyed relaxing and watching live a few times. Only saw a preseason Bills game for NFL. It was decent, but almost got murdered because apparently they don't like people from Syracuse for whatever reason. I think they hate everyone.

CFB is great, of course. CBB is great as well. Need good crowds for both though. Nothing will ever beat the NHL for me though. Even the local team here is awesome to watch. Wish they weren't affiliated with TB.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    This. Brutal game to watch in person. Especially with all the commercials and bs.
    The NFL in-game experience is absolutely horrible. Every time there's a break in the action, you're pounded by crap music that someone can hear 5 miles away, but it's so loud you can't talk to the person sitting next to you. When they're not making you deaf, they want you to yell "first down," which must be quite inspiring when the home team is down, 31-7, or go nuts celebrating the Cheerleader of the Month, the first responder from down the block who once rescued a cat from a tree . . . the crap never ends.

Why anyone would do this week after week and give up the comfort of watching it at home in front of your own big screen, I'll never figure that out.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    Psu just got 100k for Georgia St. College is a whole different ballgame for the atmosphere.
    i've gone to quite a few college football games, i'd still rather go to an nba or nhl game

especially here in madison where you sit on a bench with no room, no concession vendors, no beer sales

crowd outside of the drunken student section is 95% old and fat

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Some interesting facts here about this:

Average NFL game time today 3hr 12min
    1990 2hr 27min

Average amounts of plays per game 136, 58% will be passes which either fall incomplete to stop the click or feature an overpaid hood rat celebrating his 3 yard screen pass
    1990 118 plays per game, 61% run

Average baseball game 2hr 49 min
    Average NBA game 2hr 15min
    Average hockey game 2hr 19 min

Once you cross that 3 hr mark it's the ADD audience you lose....other sports scaling back to stay under. MLB introduce that clock between innings and all or nothing batting approach of late might get back to 2hr 30 min.

Really it comes down to the experience.... the in person experience is not as enjoyable for blue collar America to comfortably watch in a reasonable time for a fair price when compared to other sports entertainment options.

And by the way watching the Minnesota North Stars at the old Met in the late 80s was the number 1 experience of all time. My dad's tix were right behind Al Newman and Dan Gladden of the Twins- those were great games with great company!
    Last edited by MinnesotaFats; 09-20-17 at 08:20 AM.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Some interesting facts here about this:

Average NFL game time today 3hr 12min
    1990 2hr 27min

Average amounts of plays per game 136, 58% will be passes which either fall incomplete to stop the click or feature an overpaid hood rat celebrating his 3 yard screen pass
    1990 118 plays per game, 61% run

Average baseball game 2hr 49 min
    Average NBA game 2hr 15min
    Average hockey game 2hr 19 min

Once you cross that 3 hr mark it's the ADD audience you lose....other sports scaling back to stay under. MLB introduce that clock between innings and all or nothing batting approach of late might get back to 2hr 30 min.

Really it comes down to the experience.... the in person experience is not as enjoyable for blue collar America to comfortably watch in a reasonable time for a fair price when compared to other sports entertainment options.

And by the way watching the Minnesota North Stars at the old Met in the late 80s was the number 1 experience of all time. My dad's tix were right behind Al Newman and Dan Gladden of the Twins- those were great games with great company!
    Good info man.

Those stars games had nobody in the building though? I still remember that cup run though when they lost to the penguins.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Yup, it was truly the die hard crowd. My family was G Heileman distributors and Special Export sponsored the Stars 86-91...it was seriously a ticket, 2 dogs and 6 beers for under $40.

Attendance grew once Mike Modono was drafted, and the cup run, but fact is that the stadium location in Bloomington was just too far away from where the urban sprawl had taken everyone (referring to the growth sprawl of the Twin Cities having spread SW, WEST, NW and NORTH). Had to get that deal to play in the Target Center and it just never happened - hello Dallas.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

Beers are $10-$12 a pop at games from the tap not even the bottle... That's all you need to know.. You can buy a 12 pack at the grocery store for what one little beer costs at the ball games.. Highway robbery..

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I enjoy college football games and MLB. I like MLB because I can live bet in the cheap seats, have a few beers and hang with some old friends.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The ONLY sport that is better to see in person than on T.V. is the NHL. If you have to worry about the cost of tickets, you should not be wagering or at a wagering site. The NBA is terrible. A bunch of over paid prima donnas who care for no one but themselves. The NFL is becoming unwatchable. How bad are things getting when one of the favorites to go to the Superbowl are the Seattle Seahawks with that pathetic offense? Baseball is just too long and boring. College Football is the best of the rest, and not that good. The refs make sure to turn a 3 hour game into a 4 hour game with their replays.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The ONLY sport that is better to see in person than on T.V. is the NHL. If you have to worry about the cost of tickets, you should not be wagering or at a wagering site. The NBA is terrible. A bunch of over paid prima donnas who care for no one but themselves. The NFL is becoming unwatchable. How bad are things getting when one of the favorites to go to the Superbowl are the Seattle Seahawks with that pathetic offense? Baseball is just too long and boring. College Football is the best of the rest, and not that good. The refs make sure to turn a 3 hour game into a 4 hour game with their replays.
    that doesn't make sense to me

if i had season tickets to the blackhawks, it would cost (for my family of 4) a minimum of $12,000

even if i had $10 million, i would still question whether or not to pay that

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10214

You live in Detroit. I live in Toronto. We have an NBA team here. Do you?
    LakerMan...
    This isn't like you.
    The Raptors are perennial wannabes and will always need 2-3 pieces.
    Get back on the LA train...At least the scenery will make up for your disappointment.
    BOL

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    LakerMan...
    This isn't like you.
    The Raptors are perennial wannabes and will always need 2-3 pieces.
    Get back on the LA train...At least the scenery will make up for your disappointment.
    BOL
    Just laughing at the Pistons. The raptors put a good team on the court year after year. Thats good enough in the east where James will be in the finals.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

that doesn't make sense to me

if i had season tickets to the blackhawks, it would cost (for my family of 4) a minimum of $12,000

even if i had $10 million, i would still question whether or not to pay that
    You obviously do not have a million, much less 10 million. If you did, you would look at things in a totally different perspective. When you have a lot of money, you measure things in a much different way. If you earn 100K a year, then 12K is 12% of your income. If you earn a million a year, you are only talking about 1.2%. If you have 10 million, then the 12K is tip change. Take this site for example. How many guys in here are air bettors? I think you will agree with me that too many of them are. Why not just say I like team A to win instead of making up some story? The reason is because these guys are trying to impress someone in here. Anyone, if the truth be known. Once you start making good money, then it is not important what anyone in here thinks of you. Are you ever going to see them in person? Drink with them? The bottom line is this. The more money you have, the easier it is to make more money.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

12k does not seem like a lot for season tickets for a family of 4.

Could be wrong but I would guess most season tickets are not sold to people bringing a family of 4. Unless they end up selling a lot of them

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    12k does not seem like a lot for season tickets for a family of 4.

Could be wrong but I would guess most season tickets are not sold to people bringing a family of 4. Unless they end up selling a lot of them
    12k isn't much period but everyone measures money differently. Also it's hard to get down to 41 NHL games and it will cost tons more if you add the parking and food etc.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 182

tv rating more important

nfl will be fine

this is the golden age of football

milwaukee mike

12k isn't much period but everyone measures money differently. Also it's hard to get down to 41 NHL games and it will cost tons more if you add the parking and food etc.
    exactly

i have a client worth over $50 million that brings his own water bottles to nascar races and football games, because he refuses to give them $5

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You obviously do not have a million, much less 10 million. If you did, you would look at things in a totally different perspective. When you have a lot of money, you measure things in a much different way. If you earn 100K a year, then 12K is 12% of your income. If you earn a million a year, you are only talking about 1.2%. If you have 10 million, then the 12K is tip change. Take this site for example. How many guys in here are air bettors? I think you will agree with me that too many of them are. Why not just say I like team A to win instead of making up some story? The reason is because these guys are trying to impress someone in here. Anyone, if the truth be known. Once you start making good money, then it is not important what anyone in here thinks of you. Are you ever going to see them in person? Drink with them? The bottom line is this. The more money you have, the easier it is to make more money.
    how do you have any idea what kind of money i have or how i would think?

agree that people around here are storytellers, but disagree about everyone just magically adjusting their spending habits because they have more money. some do, some don't

if you have 10 million, that doesn't mean you are making 10 million, it's probably tied up in real estate or a business that's making someone 400k/year, after taxes that's about 250k so the 12k is still pretty significant.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

kickoff tonight

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/911023808001085441

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    kickoff tonight

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/911023808001085441

Ouch

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Late arriving crowd?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20361

Damn. There were more people than that at Costco this morning.

milwaukee mike

a lot of stuff is falling off a cliff

nascar got super cheap, mlb tickets can be had for $2 all over, now others are following

lakerboy

Sports are dead. Social media rules the world.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

You can tell the NFL is trying to hide it also .... They hardly show the stands , the camera angles are trying to hide the fact that the seats are empty .... not a good look

First 1234 Last