DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

A rare week 1 bye for Miami has a strange effect on this game. On the one hand you could say Miami is fresh while LAC just played a physical game vs. divisional foe in Denver. But on the other hand, you could see LAC coming together late in that loss to Denver as they played much better in the 4th quarter. Meanwhile, Miami has yet to play a game together with a new QB and a makeshift offensive line.

In week 1 we saw several games where the o-lines had massive failures and let up double digit sacks. I think we could see that in this game too. Bosa and Ingram are going to relentlessly attack inexperienced linemen who haven't played together, which could easily pressure Cutler into throwing a pick or two - on top of taking multiple sacks.

Yes, LA starting cb Verett is out but Heyward (top 5 PFF cb last year) will shadow Parker and Landry is a little banged up, and so is Ajayi.

Miami D was pretty awful against the run last year so I like Melvin Gordon as a DFS play here, in front of what should be a pretty good home crowd (much better than San Diego at least).

I like the Chargers to right the ship to 1-1 here and cover the spread vs. a Phins team who's due for significant regression from last year's record.

LA Chargers -3.5 vs. Miami Dolphins

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Totally disagree phins are gonna regress. Imo their offense will be much more explosive with cutler pushing the ball downfield opposed to tannenhil dink and dunking it. Gonna lead to Parker and stills being bigger impacts while Landry prob sees less targets, Parker gonna be a star!! It will also lead to ajayi seeing far less men in the box, chargers were not good against a suspect donks rushing game last week I think he outrushes Gordon.

I do love rivers/Allen stack in dfs, they incredibly cheap on DraftKings allowing to have strong qb/wr stack and still leaving room to get other studs. Williams a decent lower cost option as well..

Far as game it so tough laying more than a fg w chargers as their games always come down to the end. Don't think any corner can shut Parker down when cutler throws him jump balls as he big and a good leaper who excellent getting ball way up top at high point. Stills will also have opportunities to get behind the d. yes chargers have a great pass rush but a crappy Trevor semien was putting up points at ease, don't see them shutting down fish. I really like both teams this year, think this a super competitive game that gonna take 27 points to win, I like the over 45.5..

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4191

I'm a Chargers fan. Over is probably the best play. Don't think there will be many turnovers but if you play fantasy start 'em all as they say.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Quote Originally Posted by Covering the # View Post
    I'm a Chargers fan. Over is probably the best play. Don't think there will be many turnovers but if you play fantasy start 'em all as they say.

over 45.5

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Totally disagree phins are gonna regress. Imo their offense will be much more explosive with cutler pushing the ball downfield opposed to tannenhil dink and dunking it. Gonna lead to Parker and stills being bigger impacts while Landry prob sees less targets, Parker gonna be a star!! It will also lead to ajayi seeing far less men in the box, chargers were not good against a suspect donks rushing game last week I think he outrushes Gordon.

I do love rivers/Allen stack in dfs, they incredibly cheap on DraftKings allowing to have strong qb/wr stack and still leaving room to get other studs. Williams a decent lower cost option as well..

Far as game it so tough laying more than a fg w chargers as their games always come down to the end. Don't think any corner can shut Parker down when cutler throws him jump balls as he big and a good leaper who excellent getting ball way up top at high point. Stills will also have opportunities to get behind the d. yes chargers have a great pass rush but a crappy Trevor semien was putting up points at ease, don't see them shutting down fish. I really like both teams this year, think this a super competitive game that gonna take 27 points to win, I like the over 45.5..
    Cutler had his worst QBR of his career last year in a shortened season where he once again threw an INT per game avg. His offensive line won't be able to protect him and that's a fact. Behind a much improved offensive line, Simeon had an average game at home vs the Chargers. In general I like teams coming home in week 2 after a competitive road loss week 1. Chargers really turned it on late - which is crazy cuz last year they were giving away late leads often (including to the Dolphins).

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Cutler had a miserable team around him last year. Like everyone else you shall see.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

By the way, has there ever been two 4 o'clock games in L.A. before??

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Chargers cannot fill a soccer field for Home Opener

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Miami lost Lawrence Timmons poluce found him hes not currently with team dude partied all nite

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Cutler had a miserable team around him last year. Like everyone else you shall see.
    Cutler and gase great combo.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Tough loss. I'm gonna have to get it back on ATL -3.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Tough loss. I'm gonna have to get it back on ATL -3.
    Idiot kicker.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Go fins!!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Dolphins defense is horrible, this should be a good over team all year.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33062

Nice win for Miami

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rivers just cannot win anymore like Brees

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Rivers just cannot win anymore like Brees
    The kicker 2 weeks in a row

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Dolphins defense is horrible, this should be a good over team all year.
    don't be so sure. Remember, the starters haven't played for about 3 weeks. They still held Rivers to 17 points in their home stadium.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I have to admit. They Dolphins looked good on the road.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Chargers having some issues.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Rivers's expressions are the best.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

These teams defenses are horrible - should be good over teams.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

Chargers having some issues.

understatement of the day

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

LA attendance:
    Chargers - 25,381
    Rams - 56,612
    NFL combined - 81,993

USC v. Texas - 84,714

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

The Chargers can't win 1-score games. 5-19 in their last 24.
    What does that say about Philip Rivers?