Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Is Houston +16 a trap or what?

Louisville is way overrated. They've played like shit against numerous teams. Houston always gets up for big games (see Florida State bowl game and Oklahoma).

So why is Houston +16 on their own home field? They beat Louisville just last year at Louisville.

Ward is listed as probable.

What's the deal?

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

Crazy line, Not touching that houston team tho

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

shoot out

Louisville 55-31

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It is very simple to explain. There is a very good chance that Louisville will NOT win the ACC Atlantic Division and not get into the ACC Championship game. This means that Louisville must do everything it can to convince the committee that they deserve to be in the playoffs even though they failed to win their conference championship. Lately Louisville has been playing like crap, barely getting past Virginia as 33 point chalk, and losing to Wake Forest at home into the 4th quarter. A bad showing against a non-power 5 team tonight really hurts them. The bettors know this and are loading up on Louisville because so much is at stake for them.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Houston is not the same team they were earlier in the year and late last yr

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Houston is not the same team they were earlier in the year and late last yr
    That's the whole thing for me. They got upset earlier in the year and after that the team just tanked but here is a chance at home to knock off Ville on the big stage. This team has already proven they can knock off top programs as seen in the past year. Ville hasn't exactly been very impressive either lately but have the ability to explode. I don't recommend playing this game or if you do wait for a good spot, if one arises, on a live bet.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Line is right for the most part. Houston is a good TD worse than they were to start the year. If this was early in the year, I could see this game being Houston +6 or so potentially. You seem to forget the dismantling of BC and NC State that Louisville had. IF they get rolling early, there is nothing Houston can do to stop them. Louisville has the best offense in the country and if Jackson is clicking in the passing game, it will be a long night for Houston.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

If Clemson wins out, and Louisville does not win tonight's game by at least 17 points, they should be dropped from Playoff consideration. Just who have they played? They play in what is arguable the worst Power 5 Conference in Football. When a homer has to boast about defeating a 4 win Boston College team with the of the worst offenses in the NCAA, it is time to find a homer room to post in.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If Clemson wins out, and Louisville does not win tonight's game by at least 17 points, they should be dropped from Playoff consideration. Just who have they played? They play in what is arguable the worst Power 5 Conference in Football. When a homer has to boast about defeating a 4 win Boston College team with the of the worst offenses in the NCAA, it is time to find a homer room to post in.

Its called margin of victory you clown. Justify putting Penn State in the damn playoff why don't you? They lost to effing Pittsburgh. A team in that awful ACC conference you speak of.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Louisville is due for a real big game playing well on both ends of the ball that's what I'm afraid of here against a very vulnerable Houston team whatever you decide best of luck

TPowell

Tell me the great teams that Washington has beat. One punt return TD win against Utah is pretty much it. Penn State lost by 30+ effing points and you want them in a god damn playoff????

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

this game is the definition of a trap

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Tell me the great teams that Washington has beat. One punt return TD win against Utah is pretty much it. Penn State lost by 30+ effing points and you want them in a god damn playoff????
    What you do not understand is that Utah, Washington, Colorado, and now, even USC would handle Louisville. The Pac 12 is much better than the ACC. Michigan, Ohio State, and possible Wisconsin and Penn State out of the Big 10 would also defeat them. Alabama is a no brainer. Auburn would give them a good game. But we shall see. You will admit that if all four conference champs have 0 or 1 loss, Louisville does NOT belong, right?

TPowell

What you do not understand is that Utah, Washington, Colorado, and now, even USC would handle Louisville. The Pac 12 is much better than the ACC. Michigan, Ohio State, and possible Wisconsin and Penn State out of the Big 10 would also defeat them. Alabama is a no brainer. Auburn would give them a good game. But we shall see. You will admit that if all four conference champs have 0 or 1 loss, Louisville does NOT belong, right?
    good luck proving that one. Louisville would be a 6 point fave over all of these teams easily outside of WASH. Auburn couldn't beat Clemson at home. Louisville would def do that. Give it up, Wisky hasn't won a good game in months, neither has PSU outside of the OSU game

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

I think this is one of those sit back and enjoy kinda games. No action for me

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

A trap would be taking 16 points and still get pounded ... imo

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Houston players are calling this their "super bowl". Expect the Cougars to show up tonight
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: drfunkmaster

Plaza23

Houston has failed to cover 5 straight games. That said, they've played Louisville twice last 3 years.

2013. +16.5 Ville won 20-13.
    2015. +13.5 Houston won 34-31
    2016. +16.5

Yet, the majority of money is on Louisville. Line opened at -14 and is now -16.5.

Something is very fishy about this game.

TPowell

Everybody buying into this Louisville team not playing anybody so they can't be a top 4 team in the country. Newsflash, nobody outside of Bama is clearly better in the country. This game isn't a trap but if Louisville covers, people will assume this mythical "trap" happened.Just how sports betting goes.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    A trap would be taking 16 points and still get pounded ... imo
    Yes. That is what concerns me. I feel Houston is an obvious play at 16.5. It wouldn't surprise me if they won outright even.

But I can't figure out why all the money on the Louisville side is flowing in and pushing that line even higher. What are they seeing?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do you not read Bigdaddy's stuff? People know Louisville needs some style points to get in the final four, plus as TP said he and I myself started dropping Houston rapidly after that first loss to Navy. They confirmed it with SMU. I'm not happy with the season as an Irish fan so I'm not following it much right now but the Lamar kid is Heisman stuff and ya'll know it, 2 touchdowns is what I'd make this game as well. Damn Houston broke my heart after starting out on Oklahoma like that, same with Boise State and that tricky Wyoming.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Why do you not read Bigdaddy's stuff? People know Louisville needs some style points to get in the final four, plus as TP said he and I myself started dropping Houston rapidly after that first loss to Navy. They confirmed it with SMU. I'm not happy with the season as an Irish fan so I'm not following it much right now but the Lamar kid is Heisman stuff and ya'll know it, 2 touchdowns is what I'd make this game as well. Damn Houston broke my heart after starting out on Oklahoma like that, same with Boise State and that tricky Wyoming.

To give you some food for thought, this Houston team isn't even the clear cut top team in the AAC this season by most power ratings.

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

better question is auburn +18.5 versus bama a trap

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    good luck proving that one. Louisville would be a 6 point fave over all of these teams easily outside of WASH. Auburn couldn't beat Clemson at home. Louisville would def do that. Give it up, Wisky hasn't won a good game in months, neither has PSU outside of the OSU game

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Gimme the Cougars plus the generous points. A gift at home. I will also play them on the ML for shts and giggles....
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Harry N. Lloyd 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Louisville is way overrated. They've played like shit against numerous teams. Houston always gets up for big games (see Florida State bowl game and Oklahoma).

So why is Houston +16 on their own home field? They beat Louisville just last year at Louisville.

Ward is listed as probable.

What's the deal?
    Hope not. Cause I pounded the Fukkers.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

this isn't a goddamn trap game or sucker bet!...you either take the fukkin' points or you lay them...simple as that...a better question is why did the line jumped from 14 to 16?!...why is a lot of money pouring in on Louisville?!...regardless, I absolutely love the Cougars and the points and I wouldn't be one bit surprised and shocked if they won outright...(see Oklahoma for reference)...they have both the talent and depth to compete and beat anyone in the country...yes, they shit the bed against some inferior opponents but the Cards also have had some lackluster performances...this is Houston's redemption game and superbowl if you will...I got them (+23.5) in a teaser play as well...I'll call the upset...Houston wins 34 - 31.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Louisville would be favored over any team in the country on a neutral field except Alabama and Ohio State. That is obvious from the future hypothetical Championship Game lines at the Golden Nugget.

Bama -7.5 vs OSU
    Bama -10 vs Mich
    Bama -8 vs Clemson
    Bama -7.5 vs Louisville
    Bama -10 vs Washington

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by lolz_69 View Post
    better question is auburn +18.5 versus bama a trap
    dumb asses need to leave now. SO GO!

chico2663

I would like to think wash isn't even in the conversation.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Louisville would be favored over any team in the country on a neutral field except Alabama and Ohio State. That is obvious from the future hypothetical Championship Game lines at the Golden Nugget.

Bama -7.5 vs OSU
    Bama -10 vs Mich
    Bama -8 vs Clemson
    Bama -7.5 vs Louisville
    Bama -10 vs Washington
    You really can't use lines. A throwing team always seems to give osu problems

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    You really can't use lines. A throwing team always seems to give osu problems
    But those lines are consistent with most reliable power ratings out there that have Ohio State second and Louisville third. Shame that at least one won't make Playoff.

JTrain
    JTrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Over/under? What do you like?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We need Louisville

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Because lousiville needs to win and win big to stay in the playoff hunt, and theyre more than capable of doing that

1234 ... Last