Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Osweiler Coming Back To Broncos?

Brock could be on his way back.

According to a league source, the Broncos are interested in re-signing their former second-round pick, quarterback Brock Osweiler, following his whirlwind 18 months of bouncing from Denver to Houston to Cleveland and back again.

Osweiler would return to be a backup for Trevor Siemian as Paxton Lynch recovers from a right shoulder sprain that will likely keep him out for at least the first few weeks of the regular season — likely longer. Lynch has been wearing a sling for his throwing arm, another indication his recovery won’t be as swift as some had hoped.

The Broncos waived undrafted rookie Kyle Sloter Saturday to clear the way for the signing of a veteran, and it will likely be one they know well.

In Osweiler, the Broncos would get a quarterback versed in offensive coordinator Mike McCoy’s system for very little money; the Browns are on the hook for his $16 million salary for 2017, minus the veteran’s minimum ($775,000) the Broncos would likely pay him. No deal is final as the Broncos must wait for transactions to be processed by the league before they can officially sign him.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Broncos executive VP John Elway told reporters (per Nicki Jhabvala) that they will, in fact, be re-signing QB Brock Osweiler to be Trevor Siemian’s backup on Monday, pending a physical.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

lol full circle of shit. Good for him though, got that check

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    lol full circle of shit. Good for him though, got that check
    Even better, Elway didn't have to pay that check.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Elway: "Without Brock that year, we don't win the Super Bowl. ... But I'm sure it's been a long 18 months for him."

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Does he get the 775k on top of what he ia already guaranteed?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

For the coming season, Denver will pay QB Brock Osweiler $775,000 and Cleveland will pay him $15.225 million.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

There’s a new quarterback in town for the Denver Broncos, albeit a familiar face. Brock Osweiler was released by the Cleveland Browns last week following an offseason trade from the Houston Texans, who gifted him a four-year, $72 million deal last offseason, poaching him from the Broncos. After a single season, Osweiler is back where his career began.

“Being back here today is probably a top five, if not three, day of my life,” Osweiler said to the media, via ProFootballTalk

“I want people to know that decision didn’t come lightly,” Osweiler added. “I didn’t sleep for about a week. I was sick to my stomach every single day. I was a mess. At the end of the day, I tried making the best business decision for myself and my family. Whether I made the best one or not, that could be argued. But the fact of the matter is it was made. I’m not going to live in the past. But I’ve always had nothing but love and appreciation for the Denver Broncos and the city of Denver.”

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

i hope so. i cant stand watching semen

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

So here is the trick:
    1) sign a big contract with the team you hate
    2) Play as crappy as can until the team and no other team wants you
    3) sign with your favorite team, manager, city

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

He will be a good backup here, never cared for Paxton Lynch.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Garbage

Tennis_Guru_2
    Tennis_Guru_2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Elway knows at the core, Osweiler has talent and can be a NFL quarterback with the right team culture supportive system/ team system structure . Houston coaches were fighting with Osweiler , that will not operate . Cleveland did not have the right offensive scheme for Osweiler , not going to work .

Elway bringing Osweiler as a backup for NFL chump change is smart , with core talent , knows the broncos system , he might eventually become the starter and lead them to playoffs . Stranger things have happened !!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

ESPN

But time appears to have healed those wounds. On Saturday, Elway said the Broncos would welcome Osweiler back "with open arms." Osweiler was equally eager to return. "I have no regrets on my decision, I'm a rich mudderfucker now" Osweiler said. "

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    So here is the trick:
    1) sign a big contract with the team you hate
    2) Play as crappy as can until the team and no other team wants you
    3) sign with your favorite team, manager, city
    sounds like what pablo sandoval did.

Tennis_Guru_2

Osweiler is pretty smart . Who wants to be stuck in Cleveland on losing team for life ?

Tennis_Guru_2

Watch Sieman get hurt , Osweiler take over and lead the broncos to AFC championship game .