t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Shouldn't Mayweather be more like -2000?

Or more? Seriously, he's never really even been close to ever losing. He's not going to lose to this clown.

I realize a lot of public money is taking a shot on McGregor but this line should've been higher from the jump.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

It was like -900. Maybe it should be -2000

But it's the books job to make sure they get $$ on both sides right?

Well not if you listen to KVB

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Vegas book makers think he should be -2000 but the public is pounding Mcgregor too hard. Vegas will either make a killing or get buried Saturday.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Vegas book makers think he should be -2000 but the public is pounding Mcgregor too hard. Vegas will either make a killing or get buried Saturday.
    El oh El. You've got to be out of your mind if you think there is more public money on Connor in this fight. Percentage of bets sure McGregor has the vast majority but in terms of actual money wagered it's huge on Floyd's side. People (like most of the clowns on sbr) are tossing 100 to watch this fight and another 100 or 2 on Connor.

Then there are the guys throwing 10s to hundreds of thousands on Floyd. Nobody but the books know but I'd venture to say that at least 75 percent of the actual cash is on Floyd.

JerseyRobby
    Last edited by JerseyRobby; 08-24-17 at 06:42 PM.

tatddy

ok sure believe what you read in the NY post instead of trying to use actual logic/common sense.

There can be 90 percent of bets on Connor and still 80 percent of money on Floyd. Think it out.

Do you listen to "coach speak" during NFL pressers too?

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    ok sure believe what you read in the NY post instead of trying to use actual logic/common sense.

There can be 90 percent of bets on Connor and still 80 percent of money on Floyd. Think it out.

Do you listen to "coach speak" during NFL pressers too?
    Wow you are dumb. If it was coach speak the line wouldn't be changing from -2000 to -400. You're wrong can't admit it and now look like a jackass.

tatddy

I don't know what to tell you guy. If you actually believe that there is considerably more actual cash on Connor than Floyd then just carry on I guess. I'll just look "dumb".

JerseyRobby

I don't know what to tell you guy. If you actually believe that there is considerably more actual cash on Connor than Floyd then just carry on I guess. I'll just look "dumb".
    If a line goes from -2000 to -400 that's a drastic change. If you're really too dumb to understand what movement like that means then you just don't understand the concept of bookmaking or the goal of a bookmaker. If you think Vegas did that on purpose and it's a conspiracy good luck buddy.
    http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...gas-oddsmakers

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

If a line goes from -2000 to -400 that's a drastic change. If you're really too dumb to understand what movement like that means then you just don't understand the concept of bookmaking or the goal of a bookmaker. If you think Vegas did that on purpose and it's a conspiracy good luck buddy.
    Back to -550 now.

There are a few tidbits that favor the dog with the small gloves and probably a true 15 lb difference, Conor's shape & age, ect. IMHO an accurate line would start in the -1200ish area. Think of those times Ali fought Wepner as a -1200 and others. Give the dog a 1 in 10 chance of something strange happening a DQ, wild punch, injury, illness, ect and adjust from there. With the adjustments in this fight favoring Conor a good line would be about -900ish. Although some would say -550 lol

tatddy

OK guy. Keep posting your "links". I'll just use my common sense.

But I'm just a noob here so don't mind getting schooled.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Last I had heard, if Conor wins Vegas loses around 50 million bucks.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

There are a lot of know-it-alls out tonight. Just a refresher course, boys--when the line moves in one direction rather substantially it is only because the books are trying to get bets on the other side. In this case, most of the money has come in on MacGregor at large odds. Then the odds came down to attract Mayweather money. The books don't want to trick you, they just want to balance their action, so that they make the vig and are not overly exposed. The word on the street is that the public (dopes) bet Connor and the sharps (smarter) are pouncing on the better odds. The house will not lose, and the wise guys probably won't either. It's Mayweather all the way.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The line is very very strange nobody knows what's going on is the fix in

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Look for some result that sets up a possible rematch. If Mayweather embarrasses Connor, there will never be another fight between MMA and a top-notch boxer. Nobody involved wants that to happen. I look for controversy--for instance, the fight is close but MacGregor elbows him across the face in a close clinch. Mayweather's corner complains and the refs DQ Connor. Everyone screams fix! Bedlam. A rematch is almost instantly set up for January. We are all suckered in! Just watch.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Look for some result that sets up a possible rematch. If Mayweather embarrasses Connor, there will never be another fight between MMA and a top-notch boxer. Nobody involved wants that to happen. I look for controversy--for instance, the fight is close but MacGregor elbows him across the face in a close clinch. Mayweather's corner complains and the refs DQ Connor. Everyone screams fix! Bedlam. A rematch is almost instantly set up for January. We are all suckered in! Just watch.
    I may be wrong but I believe Connor doesn't get paid with a DQ.

Most likely scenario is Floyd keeping him on the hook until later rounds and then just going technical and TKO or so.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Tat average joes are on Connor. Small potatoes.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I may be wrong but I believe Connor doesn't get paid with a DQ.

Most likely scenario is Floyd keeping him on the hook until later rounds and then just going technical and TKO or so.
    Yeah it's in Conor's contract that he forfeits a decent portion of his purse to Mayweather if he kicks or elbows, etc

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Yeah it's in Conor's contract that he forfeits a decent portion of his purse to Mayweather if he kicks or elbows, etc
    I think it's like 90%

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

I really don't know who's betting on McGregor, and that scares me. Average joes that know nothing about boxing or MMA say Mayweather is a lock, and the experts say Mayweather is a lock. When you have everyone and their grandmother betting one way, that's usually the time an upset happens.

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    I really don't know who's betting on McGregor, and that scares me. Average joes that know nothing about boxing or MMA say Mayweather is a lock, and the experts say Mayweather is a lock. When you have everyone and their grandmother betting one way, that's usually the time an upset happens.
    A few weeks ago Adrian Broner opened up +500 against Mikey Garcia. By fight night the public bet him down close to +175. Garcia basically won the fight with ease so the public does penetrate up.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

twizzle we know youre swimmin in the juice, get your weight up

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

El oh El. You've got to be out of your mind if you think there is more public money on Connor in this fight. Percentage of bets sure McGregor has the vast majority but in terms of actual money wagered it's huge on Floyd's side. People (like most of the clowns on sbr) are tossing 100 to watch this fight and another 100 or 2 on Connor.

Then there are the guys throwing 10s to hundreds of thousands on Floyd. Nobody but the books know but I'd venture to say that at least 75 percent of the actual cash is on Floyd.
    Tat you're right on man. Don't change your thought process. Good luck.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Tat, great post. I talked to a Will Hill clerk. He told me "...lots of small McGregor bets. One $2000 bet on Floyd."

Moneyline betting is not the same as -110 spread betting. The Euros know this, b/c of Soccer. Small amount of BigDog action creates potential huge payout. Good bit of BigFav action creates a situation where the potential loss really isn't that big.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Just my 2 cent. Line is competitive, begging for McGregor action. which psychologically ( with the tour) and mentally. People are throwing it on McGregor.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Are you really using ESPN articles to prove your point? You think bookmakers give honest information to f***ing ESPN, or any media outlet for that matter? Jesus Christ dude...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Should be, but isn't, so the rich get richer. This is something like Federer playing some no name, but somehow you can get it at an actual profitable number. Unreal.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Cuse0323 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

well put.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Should be, but isn't, so the rich get richer. This is something like Federer playing some no name, but somehow you can get it at an actual profitable number. Unreal.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Books are keeping Conor's odds low.

A lot of people are going huge on McGregor for being the fan favorite & books will lose a lot of cash if he wins.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    It was like -900. Maybe it should be -2000

But it's the books job to make sure they get $$ on both sides right?

Well not if you listen to KVB
    True odds should be at least -3000

Conor has a punchers chance of winning this.

Oddsmakers couldn't make the line high enough

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Books are keeping Conor's odds low.

A lot of people are going huge on McGregor for being the fan favorite & books will lose a lot of cash if he wins.
    I know primm valley has 97% Conor bets as of friday...

Nobody but whales seem to be betting stacks on Floyd.

A lot of mma people including promoters are betting stacks on mayweather.

Books welcome as much Conor money as possible. Which side would you rather be rooting for if your Vegas.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Yes, I'm thinking -2500 myself. That's how one sided I think this fight will be...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Should be more like -10000. The general public generally loves odds on an underdog. Add that most people are dying to see Mayweather get his ass kicked and it's pretty easy to see that the average Joe is going to bet Mac. Hell, most people have been betting against Mayweather the last decade. I don't even think about it, I just always take Mayweather to the bank. Bet with your head, not your heart.

teaserpleaser

It sounds like oddsmakers book managers in vegas are trolling
    When they say the real odds couldn't be high enough.

They said this on air at the westgate last week when Brent mussberger was there.

to be honest

If it wasn't about the money 💰 $$$

If this was a 49-0 boxer vs a 0-0 boxer just two avg joes nobody knows this probably doesn't even get sanctioned.

It was Ortiz or berto who said

This is Like the Worlds best tennis 🎾 player vs the worlds best ping pong 🏓 player in a tennis 🎾 match.

Whichever one one of thise who said it. Is dead right.

Conor struggles with fat paulie and other far lesser boxers so he trained for 3-4 months now he's supposed to beat the best boxer maybe ever.

Yeah okay 👌🏿

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

would anyone risk their house here??

NO OF COURSE NOW

So not a lock

12 Last