Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I'm in east Texas. We ain't getting shit out here. Places like Corpus Christi are gonna get fukkin pounded!
    Prayers for those folks affected.
    How far east Opie? I have a cousin in Tyler.

You never know with these storms which is why you can never be so careful. Some of these storms slow down into tropical depressions, then speed up, then go way inland and flood areas you'll never expect. My wife just called me that HEB has no gas and most aisles are empty with no food. No bread, no water (I never understand why people stock up on water in a storm), no paper towels, none of the toilet paper I like (dammit). That is always a scary sight.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I'm in San Antonio and the prediction is for 7"-20" of rain, maybe more if it stalls due to the high pressure zone above it. The Corpus area is predicted as getting 20" minimum. Gonna be a wet and wild weekend and not the good kind.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17029

Stay safe guys and gals. Hope it dies down before hitting land.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    I'm in San Antonio and the prediction is for 7"-20" of rain, maybe more if it stalls due to the high pressure zone above it. The Corpus area is predicted as getting 20" minimum. Gonna be a wet and wild weekend and not the good kind.
    That is a ton of rain...could devastate areas

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Stay safe fellas and send pics.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That is a ton of rain...could devastate areas
    People don't realize how dangerous 20" of rain in a short period of time. The bayou's in Houston flood very easily and if you are stuck in your car when a bayou overflows, it's like a dam breaking upstream. We had 2 people die a few months ago off I-10 west where they were in their cars and the water came rushing in and they had no time to get out. That has to be a horrific ending. Some of these underpasses have water level gauges that go up 20 - 30 feet. Several areas got that high back in March and were completely underwater. That is insane. If you are in a low lying area you should go north. If you are near the coastline, you should go north. This may end up being nothing serious but why take the chance? I'm hearing that they have not called for mandatory evacuations in Corpus C and other areas. That is insane. GTFO if you are along that coast. It amazes me how people do not take these events seriously until it's too late. Gov Abbott is going take a lot of shit over this.

We're starting to get price gouging already. Best Buy mid town selling cases of water for $40 a case. WTF? I just went by 4 gas stations and the lines are down the street.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They're saying some areas could get 40 inches of rain. That's fukking insane. It's going to hit, stall, and reverse course. You're going to get about 36 to 48 hours of hurricane. These things are sometimes overblown, but given how quickly this thing developed and it's course, I think This storm will be the worst since Katrina

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    They're saying some areas could get 40 inches of rain. That's fukking insane. It's going to hit, stall, and reverse course. You're going to get about 36 to 48 hours of hurricane. These things are sometimes overblown, but given how quickly this thing developed and it's course, I think This storm will be the worst since Katrina
    DAMNNNN... Most places in the US do not get that in a year. The nationwide average rainfall, including snow is like 30 inches per year.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

We need some vids!

Someone be like Jim Cantore from Weather Channel.... and ride the wave. Don't be a puss.

What's wrong with this fukking guy?

Mac4Lyfe

Cantore reminds me of this guy...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Yeah. This one is no joke. I don't know why people are still reporting on the coast for news channels. Assume they have a way out. Anyone sticking it out is a fool. It's gonna sit on top of them for days. People gon' die who are stubborn.

Roadtrip635

Harvey just reached CAT 3 and will hit land at around midnight.

When Harvey stalls out, as forecast, it could dump up to 3 feet of rain in some parts of Texas, coupled with up a storm surge of up to 12 feet. The Hurricane Center has issued a storm surge warning for a more-than-400-mile stretch of coastline from Port Mansfield to High Island.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Its freaking category 3 for F sake. Don't let the media monger fear.

jjgold

Please update us all with photos and flood reports

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Never ever ran FEMA, not even close. Yes, I worked with FEMA in many disaster recoveries mainly in supplying personnel and sometimes running the operational locations. I hired several key people in FEMA after Katrina and when they became part of Homeland Security that are still there today. I set up some of their onboarding and training as well. FEMA and the Red Cross are not very good with their workers (especially the Red Cross) and temp workers is too up and down. I use to be able to send people on many assignments and keep them busy. Most of that work has dried up, so I don't do much work with them. It doesn't make sense to send good people to an event like this where they may only work a week or 2. If they can't guarantee at least a few months, it's not worth the time. Today FEMA has to rely on local workers. I'm really not a temp agency unless it's high paying.

Why would I be too busy if I was working? Do you know what FEMA does? I worked in very safe places AFTER the event, not in some pontoon boat or in a plane flying through the eye of a storm. There's a lot of downtime and most people spend that online? I can't recall ever missing a game or not making a bet.
    sounds like you were close to running FEMA doing all that. i don't know what you would call your role back then. i wonder if they reconditioned those katrina trailers or junked them.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Opie.... start filming man. Don't drown.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

This maybe one of those times Texans wished everything wasn't bigger in Texas?

Roadtrip635

Harvey just went to a CAT4 and expected to hit land sooner than expected..........

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

News is hyping this.. Crazy rain fall and crazy flooding expected.. Could be another Katrina.. I think it could be over hyped.. Believe it when I see it..

Best investing is after major disasters.. Buy up that swamp land if you got money...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Wrong thread post...

jjgold

Just upgraded to Category four

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I think it could be over hyped.. Believe it when I see it..
    probably won't be as bad as Katrina but 0% chance this storm isn't a bad one

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Flying to Texas tomorrow...going to be nothing...

fake news

jjgold

Flight might be canceled

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Flying to Texas tomorrow...going to be nothing...

fake news
    God bless those in the way

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    God bless those in the way
    All my relatives are in the path...they go through this all the times

Sad thing is that all those worthless fukks in Charlottesville got more coverage and all that could have been avoided....

Roadtrip635

This thing went from a weak depression to a CAT4 in a hurry.

jjgold

Now it's scary power will be out most of Texas

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

few sprinkles so far....

biggest problem I've faced is having to stand in the f'n checkout line at f'n kroger for thirty minutes to buy three bottles of cakebread chardonnay and a f'n bottle of cab to go with the porterhouses I'm grillin' tonight.....

f'n people are losing their minds around here when all we're gonna get is some f'n rain.... lots of it, but fuk.... these people were clearing the f'n shelves as if the f'n zombie appocolypse is coming.....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    All my relatives are in the path...they go through this all the times

Sad thing is that all those worthless fukks in Charlottesville got more coverage and all that could have been avoided....
    Praying for them

Auto Donk

grew up in corpus, still have some family there.... told them to shag ass inland to Realitos.... but they're stickin' it out on a farm out near Banquete.....

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Never ever ran FEMA, not even close. Yes, I worked with FEMA in many disaster recoveries mainly in supplying personnel and sometimes running the operational locations. I hired several key people in FEMA after Katrina and when they became part of Homeland Security that are still there today. I set up some of their onboarding and training as well. FEMA and the Red Cross are not very good with their workers (especially the Red Cross) and temp workers is too up and down. I use to be able to send people on many assignments and keep them busy. Most of that work has dried up, so I don't do much work with them. It doesn't make sense to send good people to an event like this where they may only work a week or 2. If they can't guarantee at least a few months, it's not worth the time. Today FEMA has to rely on local workers. I'm really not a temp agency unless it's high paying.

Why would I be too busy if I was working? Do you know what FEMA does? I worked in very safe places AFTER the event, not in some pontoon boat or in a plane flying through the eye of a storm. There's a lot of downtime and most people spend that online? I can't recall ever missing a game or not making a bet.
    Is scottie pippen going to be safe?

Roadtrip635

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    grew up in corpus, still have some family there.... told them to shag ass inland to Realitos.... but they're stickin' it out on a farm out near Banquete.....
    Just heard that the Mayor of Rockport released a statement saying anyone that did not evacuate needs to write their Social Security Number on their arm........... just in case

Auto Donk

that won't do much good, as once they wash around for several hours in the intercoastal canal, that shit will wash right off......

jjgold

Automan give us updates

First 12345 ... Last