Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Artificial turf or real grass?

What do prefer artificial turf or real grass? I like the way artificial turf looks but i think you have more injuries on it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

I prefer artificial grass, you never have to water it and you don't have to cut it ever, no gardener needed, looks perfect year after year.. I have artificial grass as a front lawn at my house here Cali, and it looks great.. No need for a gardener or watering anymore either.. I just blow the leaves with a blower and done once a week...

Bank though paid almost 10 gees for my front lawn.. We have drought problems here Cali and I'm a team player.. Win win though in the long run.. I save on water and gardening expenses that adds up year after year..

Looks something like this.. Life expectancy 10 years or more without fading or breaking up... We'll see? I have a warranty anyways.. I can lay on my artificial lawn as it's comfy and clean all the time... No bugs or ants ever...

These are google generic pictures, but it looks like this.. Very clean look..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-29-17 at 07:22 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Otters27

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

For stadiums I think artificial turf works, it's fast, you won't lose traction and you won't sprain an ankle like with a torn up real grass fields that might be uneven......
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-29-17 at 07:23 PM.

Capitols44

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I prefer artificial grass, you never have to water it and you don't have to cut it ever, no gardener needed, looks perfect year after year.. I have artificial grass as a front lawn at my house here Cali, and it looks great.. No need for a gardener or watering anymore either.. I just blow the leaves with a blower and done once a week...

Bank though paid almost 10 gees for my front lawn.. We have drought problems here Cali and I'm a team player.. Win win though in the long run.. I save on water and gardening expenses that adds up year after year..

Looks something like this.. Life expectancy 10 years or more without fading or breaking up... We'll see? I have a warranty anyways.. I can lay on my artificial lawn as it's comfy and clean all the time... No bugs or ants ever...

These are google generic pictures, but it looks like this.. Very clean look..

Just another reason why i hate California the lawns are fake and the water restrictions are awfull. I could go on about the smog and crime..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ LOL.. I really like my fake lawn. .. Until you tried it you won't understand..

I agree California is becoming a shiiiit hole.. Traffic, illegals, homeless, crime, State is broke, roads are crumbling, etc.. It's getting dirty, too many people (illegal Mexicans).. Even the Ocean and beaches are getting dirty and suspect now. Still the best weather in the Country year round and you can't beat the entertainment and things to do....

You can literally wake up in winter and go surfing, then drive 2 hours and go skiing or snow boarding on the same day.. You can find any concert or sporting event.. Can cruise on beach bike path and see hot chicks daily.. Some bonuses..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-29-17 at 07:51 PM.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

I like my grass just like I like my boobs. I want the real thing.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

For stadiums I think artificial turf works, it's fast, you won't lose traction and you won't sprain an ankle like with a torn up real grass fields that might be uneven......
    IMO, it's bullshit that professional athletes that are worth millions of dollars have to play on natural grass fields that get all torn up from a bunch of college(and sometimes high school) games being played on prior. If I were an NFL owner, I would want my guys playing on a field in pristine condition.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28484

Artificial turf doesn't roll so well and gives me headaches.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10538

An excellent grass field >>>> than artificial turf.
    The problem is it is almost impossible to maintain.
    Therefore artificial turf

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10538

The best natural grass playing surface always is better than artificial.
    Just ask your female friends

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Enough said.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like my grass just like i like my boobs. I want the real thing.

+1 spot on

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Nope Artificial grass rocks, until you try it you don't know.. No maintenance, looks good. It's staked into the ground...

Real grass over rated hard to maintain, gotta mow it, hedge it, replace dead areas, pull weeds, water it every few days in some cases... Gets swampy during rains, can die off during heat spells..

Artificial looks the same year round never have to touch it.. Feels like real grass and you can lay and roll on it like a carpet... Love my turf lawn.. Can even work on your short golfing game on this stuff.. Kids can play on it and won't get dirty and muddy either..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-17 at 12:10 PM.

Capitols44

Real grass over rated hard to maintain, gotta mow it, hedge it, replace dead areas, pull weeds, water it every few days in some cases... Gets swampy during rains, can die off during heat spells..

Artificial looks the same year round never have to touch it.. Feels like real grass and you lay and roll on it like a carpet... Love my turf lawn..

[/QUOTE]

Capitols44

Artificial grass does not look the same all year around in climates that snow.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    Artificial grass does not look the same all year around in climates that snow.
    Real lawns don't either in snow .. I don't live in a snowy area so I can't test the theory.. I would imagine the snow just melts off, turf gets frozen no big deal. Some fake grass needles could freeze and break off maybe... Color shouldn't fade though....

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3559

Living with the nature is always good.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Living with the nature is always good.
    That's what hedges and trees are for.. Go to the park or on a hike in the woods to become one with the universe.... Grass clothes stains suck.. Kids and dogs can tear up your real lawn, dog piss kills grass and you get those unsightly dead spots in your lawn...Not with artificial...

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Nope Artificial grass rocks, until you try it you don't know.. No maintenance, looks good. It's staked into the ground...

Artificial looks the same year round never have to touch it.. Feels like real grass and you can lay and roll on it like a carpet... Love my turf lawn.. Can even work on your short golfing game on this stuff.. Kids can play on it and won't get dirty and muddy either..

Those "lawns" look ridiculous.

I grew up in the midwest where mowing and maintaining your yard was part of being a man.

Kids these days taking the easy way out
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave GUMMO77 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Jibs so the bank paid $10,000 for your lawn and the life expectancy is about 10 years????

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It's like a well done fake rack on a chick.. You know it's fake but it's still way better then natural flap jacks..

Same applies to the real vs fake lawn.. ..

vs

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Those "lawns" look ridiculous.

I grew up in the midwest where mowing and maintaining your yard was part of being a man.

Kids these days taking the easy way out

"artificial" usually does look f'n ridiculous.....

Auto Donk

and, of course, my all time favorite artificials.....

Auto Donk

It's like a well done fake rack on a chick.. You know it's fake but it's still way better then natural flap jacks..

Same applies to the real vs fake lawn.. ..

vs

mods, i demand he be infracted for putting this disgusting, nasty ass shit up on the board....

i damn near threw up a $56 ribeye and sides from Perry's after catching a glimpse of those nasty ass flapjacks.....
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Auto Donk 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Haters gonna hate .. Even dogs love it...

Can work on your putting game too..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-17 at 02:05 PM.

Auto Donk

Haters gonna hate .. Even dogs love it...

Can work on your putting game too..

i used to love trenching yards in high school, or pouring gasoline letters in yards spelling out shit like "fuk you" , so i don't know how i'd handle an all turf yard, maybe lighter fluid and a match spelling out "your wife is a whore" or something like that.....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Jibs so the bank paid $10,000 for your lawn and the life expectancy is about 10 years????
    No Kraken, I cut a check for 9,300.00 and that was after squeezing more gravel black ground rocks out of the Aussie dude who owned the turf business and a few other little things..

It was a big job, brought in the mini dozer and 4 laborers to turn, level and pack the dirt on the entire front lawn area.. Then the thick black trap was laid down first to prevent weeds from growing up. Big truck was brought in to deliver the lawn turf in huge rolls, black tarp too.. Then the turf was laid down, cut, stretched and staked to the ground.. Borders were set in place, rocks poured.. Fountain lights set and installed, etc...

In the end it took 3 days to complete.. Oh and the life expectancy is guaranteed for 10 years but should last longer..

I did the math prior to installing it, before I was paying a gardener $100 a month + extras (fert, weed and sot patching, sprinkler system maintenance which probably all totaled to maybe $120 a month on Average. Water bill probably $25 a month to water the lawn daily and keep it really green and perfect looking.. That all added up to $1740 a year x 10 years which equals $16,400... Turf lawn with warranty and maintenance free for 10 years was $9300.00 .. No brainer, done deal...

Any other questions Kraken that I can help you with?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-17 at 04:07 PM.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

jibbby glad you like it thats all that really matters

but it just looks terribbble looks like either cheap cemetery or mini golf course kind of expect to see caskets in next photo

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Capitols44 View Post
    What do prefer artificial turf or real grass? I like the way artificial turf looks but i think you have more injuries on it.
    That's all fine Jibbby, clearly you highlight many benefits of artificial for your own front lawn.

But have you had more injuries on it? That's the second point of the thread.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    jibbby glad you like it thats all that really matters

but it just looks terribbble looks like either cheap cemetery or mini golf course kind of expect to see caskets in next photo
    Lol, so critical.. We'll you do it up with rocks, borders, hedges, trees, lights, fences and short walls like I did it all blends in and looks good.. I should take a picture and post.. I'm lazy..

Does have that Cemetery golf course kinda look for sure.. Too perfect looking to be real grass.. Hey it's green almost looks like real grass and it works when done right..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    That's all fine Jibbby, clearly you highlight many benefits of artificial for your own front lawn.

But have you had more injuries on it? That's the second point of the thread.

Only if you try those slip and slides on it.. ..

Points Awarded:

KVB gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

also be very careful that you don't become the one house that ruins the whole block

theres always one

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    also be very careful that you don't become the one house that ruins the whole block

theres always one
    Naw, all my neighbors like it.. My friends all dig it too.. I don't think they are just being nice either as they know I prefer brutal honestly..

Went from looking like an average lawn on the block to maybe the best looking on the block when you drive bye.. No lie.. I live in a 3 million dollar a house neighborhood here in Santa Monica, California also.. Lawns are done right and kept up on my block..

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

you wont get this with fakes....

12 Last