Have you ever Folded AA Pre-Flop ?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Hint: Tournament Bubble

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

the ONLY reason to ever fold AA preflop is in a satellite tournament where you pretty much have a spot locked up

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

JAke bring us to the 2/5 game at the bash when u folded QQ to Big O.

I need details!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Yes, quite a few times. Wait I think I have, almost sure I have.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    JAke bring us to the 2/5 game at the bash when u folded QQ to Big O.

I need details!
    I never folded QQ to him

I was mostly card dead in that game..I did have AA vs downsouth's KK and pretty much told him what I had and he still called

the highlight was a 1k+ preflop allin between Triple D and Autodonk...Triple D had QQ and Donk had AA...river Q and Donk erupted like Mt. Vesuvius!!
    on the other table, mpaschal folded 33 to a raise and a sinmiedo re-raise and the flop was J33...sin had JJ...mpas still has flashbacks and nightmares from that hand!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Only if it's a qualifier with multiple spots. If you're trying to win, then no.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I never folded QQ to him

I was mostly card dead in that game..I did have AA vs downsouth's KK and pretty much told him what I had and he still called

the highlight was a 1k+ preflop allin between Triple D and Autodonk...Triple D had QQ and Donk had AA...river Q and Donk erupted like Mt. Vesuvius!!
    on the other table, mpaschal folded 33 to a raise and a sinmiedo re-raise and the flop was J33...sin had JJ...mpas still has flashbacks and nightmares from that hand!
    Big O took a pounding at the 1/2 in CR. I'll let him describe the bloody details

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Big O took a pounding at the 1/2 in CR. I'll let him describe the bloody details

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1696

Guy folded Kings to me once preflop in a tournament. Said u had aces. I didn't

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Yes Ive done it quite a few times preflop when there were like 3 or four all ins. Anything can happen then, after all AA is only a pair and there is a good chance someone else is holding an Ace, probably even 2 others so all aces out. Since the objective of playing flop, turn, and river is to build a stronger hand, there is no way your hand will get stronger then unless you somehow get a flush or straight.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-10-17 at 11:13 AM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Stick to cigars Sammy.

In other news, you ever eat at Mona Lisa in Little Italy Sammy?

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5405

In 25 minutes I lost with AA, AA, and KK. Same Knuckledragger beat both of my AA hands. 1st one I had AA red. Flop comes Q94 with two hearts. I had rebet to $50 preflop. I bet the flop at $100. Turn is 2d. I bet $175. River is black 10. Guy shoves his last $165. I call and he has KJ of hearts.

2nd AA hand with same guy. He raises to $20 pre and I reraise to $60. Flop comes QJ7 rainbow. I bet $100 he calls. Turn is 3 with no flush draws. I shove $270. He calls and turns over JJ.

KK hand I 4 bet to $70 pre. Flop comes 245 rainbow. I bet $100 and 1 call. turn is 7. I bet $200 which was enough to set the one caller in. He calls and turns over A3 off LOL.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

trinity

Sammy is trying to teach

grabbed a sandwich at ML a few times

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

I have not folded bullets preflop, but kinda wish I did many times. Been busted out of several tournaments with AA preflop. One-time got an aggressive chip leader to re re raise and he ended up calling me with KQ off and nailed broadway on the flop.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4137

I've never folded AA, KK or QQ preflop, but what blows my mind is when someone has KK and the flop comes with an ace. Why does the guy with KK think he still has the best hand??? I see people just throwing their money away all day long.

Unless I flop the set, I fold KK (or lower) after the flop all the time with an ace on the board.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

2/7 offs is an auto all in for me so I think I change AA to auto fold.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Are we trying to win this tourney or just looking to mincash?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33426

No. Hell no.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

the ONLY reason to ever fold AA preflop is in a satellite tournament where you pretty much have a spot locked up

I don't quite agree with this, I think there are other situations. For instance, say you are in a single table sit n'go where Top 3 pay. Four people left, 10000 chips in play, 25/50 blinds. Other three people each have exactly 3300, and you have 100. You are in Big Blind with AA, all three of them go allin preflop before you act. Would have to be correct to fold AA there and try to move up to second rather than risking fourth if you lose to any of them by calling.

Granted extremely rare, but I suppose those situations do exist!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    I have not folded bullets preflop, but kinda wish I did many times. Been busted out of several tournaments with AA preflop. One-time got an aggressive chip leader to re re raise and he ended up calling me with KQ off and nailed broadway on the flop.

Well that's just being silly/resultist. You got your $ in as a huge favorite and wound up losing - that's part of the game. But it's silly to say after the fact that you should have folded. If you can get your $ in as a huge favorite, then do it. Sure, sometimes it doesn't work out, but if you continue to do that, in the long-term you will be successful. It's really counterproductive when you get your $ in as a big favorite and lose to then start analyzing the hand and asking yourself what you could have done differently to get a better outcome.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    In 25 minutes I lost with AA, AA, and KK. Same Knuckledragger beat both of my AA hands. 1st one I had AA red. Flop comes Q94 with two hearts. I had rebet to $50 preflop. I bet the flop at $100. Turn is 2d. I bet $175. River is black 10. Guy shoves his last $165. I call and he has KJ of hearts.

2nd AA hand with same guy. He raises to $20 pre and I reraise to $60. Flop comes QJ7 rainbow. I bet $100 he calls. Turn is 3 with no flush draws. I shove $270. He calls and turns over JJ.

KK hand I 4 bet to $70 pre. Flop comes 245 rainbow. I bet $100 and 1 call. turn is 7. I bet $200 which was enough to set the one caller in. He calls and turns over A3 off LOL.
    brutal..sounds like you got most of the bad beats out of your system there!

Do you guys remember what the rake was out there? Anything like the $19/hand ass raping in Punta Cana?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Its usually just a follow up bet hoping the initial bet was misread as an AK or AQ..something of that nature....
    Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I've never folded AA, KK or QQ preflop, but what blows my mind is when someone has KK and the flop comes with an ace. Why does the guy with KK think he still has the best hand??? I see people just throwing their money away all day long.

Unless I flop the set, I fold KK (or lower) after the flop all the time with an ace on the board.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

19$ a Hand LOL WHAT LOL..

Do you guys remember what the rake was out there? Anything like the $19/hand ass raping in Punta Cana?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Only time I consider it is when the Boscokid is on a crazy run raising and going all in on every hand. You raise he comes over the top all in and you sit there thinking that fuk has 9, deuce off suit but you also know he is going to flop it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

poker??

lol

Sammy

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

jesus Christ what a bad thread

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

trinity

Sammy is trying to teach

grabbed a sandwich at ML a few times
    The calzone is enormous there. Restaurant was very good. I'm used to good Italian being from Pittsburgh.

Anyways, I do have an AA story preflop. I had an enormous stack at a satellite a few years ago. We were down to the bubble. It was either 7 or 8 seats. Most of the other players were around 10 bbs, I had like 60bb. Older guy shoves under the gun. I'm under the gun+1, I get AA. I call. Then a guy in middle position goes all in for a little less than the first shove. UTG KK other player also AA. The aces hold. Definitely one of the craziest hands I ever played. He says he would have folded everything but aces. In my spot, I do think I would have folded if the UTG player had half my stack, or if anyone else was even close to what I had.

A much better thread would be players never folding them after the flop instead of a hero situation where folding them preflop is a good play.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5405

I think it was $6 Max. $3-$6 most hands.

It was a very fast game. 1/2 with Mississippi straddle and no cap on buyin. I thought about rebuying for $1,500 or so and breaking the guy but I was tired and decided I had enough. I had to get up at 3:15 am to catch the early flight so I didn't want to get stuck more and have to grind until time to leave.

I forgot to mention that both AA hands, I was straddling on the button lol. What a clusterfukk to lose in that situation!

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Yes, in a tournament.

AK many times pre-flop in a tourney.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nope. Never been in a spot where I even had to really think about it. Have lost with AA against AA all in preflop heads up. That was fun.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

That sucks

I got knocked out of a tournament I was pretty deep in AK vs AK.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

I never folded QQ to him

I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking of this hand. With the action Sin got, could have been the biggest hand I ever won. Although ~$700 would have been Sin's.

However the hand that hurts even more was 6,3 cracking my AA on the river for almost $500. He went all in after I re-raised his bet on a flop of 7,7,6.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Noooooopeeeeee.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Yes, in a tournament.

AK many times pre-flop in a tourney.
    Same in tourney depending on satellite/bubble, etc.

Never in cash, nor should anyone ever in cash.

AK is a completely different story.

12 Last