Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

So the injury Sterling Shepard was crying about today was an ankle sprain???

Joe Theisman didn't cry when he had his leg snapped.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Giants WR Sterling Shepard says ankle is 'pretty good,' denies crying after injury
    Updated on August 4, 2017 at 3:39 PM Posted on August 4, 2017 at 3:12 PM

By Dan Duggan

dduggan@njadvancemedia.com,

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

EAST RUTHERFORD -- When Sterling Shepard planted his foot while running a routine route during Wednesday's practice, the Giants wide receiver said his left ankle rolled 90 degrees.

"At first, I was pretty worried," Shepard said. "I had never really rolled my ankle like that before. I felt it pop and that was the main thing that pretty much scared me. The initial pain wasn't too good."

Shepard was carted off the field and ESPN reported that he was "apparently in tears," which created concern that the injury was significant. But tests revealed that Shepard only suffered a low-ankle sprain that has the 2016 second-round pick "day-to-day."

"Not at all," Shepard said when asked if shed any tears. "I was kind of screaming. That's just because I had never felt that pain before. It's just like a basketball role is what they're saying, a little bit of a bone bruise."

Reported tears aside, Shepard and the Giants certainly received a scare. There's a sense of relief after the worst possible outcomes were avoided.

"I just didn't have an idea of what was going on," Shepard said. "I didn't know the severity of it. I was kind of scared at first. But the pain started dying down a little bit, I got to moving it a little bit, it didn't swell up as much as I thought it was going to, so that kind of eased my mind a bit. When we got all the results back from the X-ray and the MRI, everything was pretty clean."

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They could be pretty painful man