VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20361

NBA Is Lengthening The Season By 1 Week.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a...eseason-games/

Australian NBL teams to play NBA teams for the first time in preseason games

This season the NBA will be lengthening the regular season by one week, which will help ease the burden on teams a bit in terms of back-to-backs.
    They're doing it by cutting that week out of the preseason, which makes sense, because as much as these guys work out and play basketball during the summer these days, the preseason doesn't serve as much of a purpose as it did, say, 20 years ago.
    Even though the preseason will be shorter, there will still be enough time to make a little history, as the NBA has teamed up with the Australian National Basketball League to stage three preseason games featuring NBL teams taking on NBA teams for the first time.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

so im guessing we will have to endure another season of non-stop whining about regular season being too long and playoffs are what its all about and rest debates

followed by a bunch of meaningless sweeps in first round, its pathetic

they need to cut playoffs to 4 teams each conference or at least take first round back to 5 game series, 7 games first round is pointless

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm all for reducing back-to-back games.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guys will still rest

These players all pussies now
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16107

Took me about 10 years to figure out the nature of b2bs, and now they get rid of it. Sounds about right!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Can someone just get rid of the NBA
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tatddy

jjgold

Why play the season we know Golden State's going to win again

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

in other news, i am gonna lengthen my wiener by 1 inch

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm all for reducing back-to-back games.
    Are u kidding me that is so so bad. They would ruin the totals on the game.What that would do is make the totals go over more likely if they got rid of back to back games. I like the way things just the way they are. Playing against Australian basketball players now the NBA players will likely get more hurt. I can see the future now a city in the great U.S.A will lose their team permanently and pack their bags and have a team in Australia. How the hell am i suppose to handicape an Australian team i know nothing about playing an NBA team. The best i can figure out the teams down under will be brutal on the point spread in the beginning and the lines will have to adjust or make most of the games -2 points for the NBA teams. What about the time diffrence wont that make the teams total go under. At the end of the day the league is watering down the teams.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

It already goes too deep into June. It's gonna run into July soon.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Whew! By looking at the thread title, I was worried they were going to add 8 more teams to the playoffs.

Capitols44

Has anybody noticed that essentially the NBA got guys to play more basketball for next to nothing and prolonged the NBA season pretty much playing all year around. Now you have the NBA summer league, NBA preseason and regular season ,playoffs and Finals. And did I mention the NBA has even more basketball including the D league. NBA has got to be some of the greediest owners out there.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Can someone just get rid of the NBA
    Laker, the front office didn't think there was enough worthless games already so they decided to throw in another week of garbage no one cares about

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Laker, the front office didn't think there was enough worthless games already so they decided to throw in another week of garbage no one cares about
    At least LeBron will be rested.

Capitols44

Didnt even mention there is even wnba. And if your not tired of all the nba teams theres always college basketball.

jjgold

THe only good thing about NBA thugs did not ruin it like NFL

Much tighter control NBA on players

NFL=GHETTO LEAGUE

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    i've been to tons of sporting events... going to an nba game is still a lot more fun than a baseball or football game with about 2 minutes of decent action in 3 or 4 hours

only sports i enjoy in person anymore (and i was a season ticket holder for brewers/packers) are nba and hockey