Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Tennessee Titans

The running back tandem of DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry helped produce 136.7 yards on the ground per game last season, good for No. 3 in the league.

The former’s a veteran on the cusp of 30 while the latter’s entering just his second year as a pro.

Despite a crowded backfield, Murray is hoping his workload increases.

“I’m very confident in my abilities and my work ethic to make sure I’m physically prepared to withstand whatever they want, whatever they ask me to do here,” Murray said, per the Tennessean. “Hopefully it’s a lot more, and we’ll see from there.”

The 29-year-old was named to the Pro Bowl for the third time in his career after rushing for 1,287 rushing yards on 293 carries and posting nine touchdowns.

Murray came to the Titans by way of trade following one season with the Eagles. Prior to that one-year stop, he spent four seasons with the Cowboys.

“I love it,” Titans head coach Mike Mularkey said about Murray’s comments. “I hope everyone wants to get more work and play more and be more involved. We’ll see how that all unfolds. A lot of that has to do with how we’re game-planning. But he’ll have enough to keep his hands full. I promise.”

Tennessee’s offense should be one of the trendier units in the league when tying in Murray and Henry with third-year quarterback Marcus Mariota. The Titans also drafted Corey Davis with the No. 5 overall pick and added veteran Eric Decker in June in order to bolster the wide receiver corps.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Getting pumped for football

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennessee looks good on paper with that offensive line and strong defensive front but I don't trust Mariota or the weak secondary.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Getting pumped for football
    Can't get here fast enough. Baseball killing my bankroll...