Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Texas Rangers

Buried the board today....well except for Opie

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Rumor has it, opie had 5K on the Rangers...with his local.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

I don't bet until August but I was all over this in the mlb contest runline and ml. Whenever a team in well over +200 in baseball take the underdog. Over a season you will kill it. They completely overrate a good teams ace every time because gamblers always jump it thinking it's a lock.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Rumor has it, opie had 5K on the Rangers...with his local.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I rarely bet them

Terrible team

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Rangers...

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

There’s “increasing buzz” that the Rangers will listen to offers on top starters Yu Darvish and Cole Hamels if they don’t open the second half of the season with strong play, tweets ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick. It’s been previously reported that the Rangers will hold onto Darvish even if they fall out of the race, so that’d represent something of a change of mindset for GM Jon Daniels & Co. Darvish is set to hit the open market at season’s end, so if the Rangers are out of the race and don’t trade him, they run the risk of losing him to free agency (though he’d obviously receive and reject a qualifying offer, affording Texas some draft compensation). Hamels, meanwhile, hasn’t been listed as a potential trade target to date. He’s earning $23.5MM this year and next, and he’s owed at least $6MM as the buyout on a $20MM club option for the 2019 campaign. That contract and a bizarrely low strikeout rate (4.9 K/9) could complicate Hamels’ market, though he’s shown recent improvement with 12 strikeouts in his past 14 1/3 innings of work.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

I'm a die hard Rangers/Cowboys fan, but I don't see how anyone can call Cole Hamels a fkn top starter, that guy fkn blows.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    I'm a die hard Rangers/Cowboys fan, but I don't see how anyone can call Cole Hamels a fkn top starter, that guy fkn blows.
    I remember the day Hamels was shipped to Texas. Opie was ecstatic

Guy had one good year in 08. Completely overrated

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I remember the day Hamels was shipped to Texas. Opie was ecstatic

Guy had one good year in 08. Completely overrated
    Philly....you have to understand what we are used to here in Texas. Hamel's is 26-6 during his ~2 years he's been here (and an ERA 3.5). Those numbers make him a Top 3 pitcher for the Rangers in the last 20 years. Is he Kershaw/Scherzer....no. But he's one of the best we've ever had.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

As an Astros fan, I would not want to see Texas in a 5 game series. Hamels are Darvish are beasts.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

A Darvish trade is “becoming increasingly likely,” Jon Heyman of FanRag writes. It was previously unclear whether the Rangers, who have been on the fringes of the Wild Card race, would trade Darvish, but teams interested in trading for Darvish now suggest that negotiations have become more intense lately. (FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported earlier this week that the Rangers would trade Darvish.) Darvish is a rental, but the Rangers are, perhaps understandably, seeking a top prospect in return. The Yankees, however, have indicated they won’t trade Gleyber Torres or Clint Frazier, and there is no indication the Dodgers would trade Alex Verdugo or Walker Buehler. The Rangers have also received interest in Darvish’s fellow starter Andrew Cashner, Heyman writes.

The Dodgers’ three top targets are Darvish, Sonny Gray and Zach Britton, Rosenthal tweets. He indicates, however, that the team’s preference is “not necessarily in that order,” and that the team’s plan will likely be dictated by asking prices for each player. (The latest rumors about Gray suggest the A’s are seeking top young talents, like Milwaukee’s Lewis Brinson, in return, just as the Rangers seem to be doing with Darvish.)

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Texas Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish was tagged for 10 runs on nine hits in Wednesday’s 22-10 blowout loss to the Miami Marlins. While the right-hander knows his name has been dangled out in trade discussions, apparently there was a separate reason he struggled.

Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reported that a pair of scouts and an executive said the Marlins knew what was coming from Darvish, because there was a “slight pause with hands when he was throwing his fastball.”