JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

I love this idea.. It would keep teens fresh out of high school out of gangs and teach them some discipline.. Would love to see this implemented.. Will never happen though.. The US military has always been a personal choice and I don't see that changing anytime soon..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jibby I know

I usually have good ideas

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Ask yourselves why most Western society white kids do drugs and drink all the time.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I love this idea.. It would keep teens fresh out of high school out of gangs and teach them some discipline.. Would love to see this implemented.. Will never happen though.. The US military has always been a personal choice and I don't see that changing anytime soon..
    Do you believe this??
    U.S. military draft ends, Jan. 27, 1973

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Ask yourselves why most Western society white kids do drugs and drink all the time.
    If your dad was jj or JPUSSY you would heavily abuse substances too.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Do you believe this??
    U.S. military draft ends, Jan. 27, 1973
    I am mistaken.. It has been over 40 years though since you were forced into the military... Cut me some slack I forgot ...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    If your dad was jj or JPUSSY you would heavily abuse substances too.
    Gritters I love ya man!

So what's your story bud, you a pro gambler?.. You been in the game for a while? Talk to me man.. I'm lonely..

I see you never post pending and it's always eye catching when any SBR PRO of 7 years has over ten thousand bet points showing.. Usually that means you're a serious sports gambling man with some form of discipline..

Or -

I guess that SBR Trivia has paid off very well for ya over the years without the clock on. I see you are trying to fly under the radar these days with only 3 question hits now.. Smart man, get in and get out and don't draw much attention...

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

1 year is not long enough since it takes a half a year for basic training and advanced individual training Sometimes even longer for certain specialties.

should be 2 years minimum for infantry and minimum 3-4 years for everyone else. Draft should be for both men and women. Equal rights means equal duty to serve.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    1 year is not long enough since it takes a half a year for basic training and advanced individual training Sometimes even longer for certain specialties.

should be 2 years minimum for infantry and minimum 3-4 years for everyone else. Draft should be for both men and women. Equal rights means equal duty to serve.
    The only problem is that its hard to tell what you would be fighting for...I have no problem arming myself and defending my country or state if it was invaded, but why travel to a foreign country and risk your life fighting in some desert hell hole? For what? The world is so complex its easy to say you are fighting in the name of freedom or democracy, when in reality its for the gain of someone else.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    The only problem is that its hard to tell what you would be fighting for...I have no problem arming myself and defending my country or state if it was invaded, but why travel to a foreign country and risk your life fighting in some desert hell hole? For what? The world is so complex its easy to say you are fighting in the name of freedom or democracy, when in reality its for the gain of someone else.
    You make a strong point. Wars are pushed forward by people in Government and power but usually they paint the picture to the general public why we must go to war, congress agrees if there's a real growing threat or reason and off our troops go. The people generally support it in the beginning..

I hate us going to the Middle East but it's out control and unstable and we have no choice.. I don't think you can just turn a blind eye to Islamic groups like Isis... You leave ISIS alone it grows into an serious American and world threat..

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You make a strong point. Wars are pushed forward by people in Government and power but usually they paint the picture to the general public why we must go to war, congress agrees if there's a real growing threat or reason and off our troops go. The people generally support it in the beginning..

I hate us going to the Middle East but it's out control and unstable and we have no choice.. I don't think you can just turn a blind eye to Islamic groups like Isis... You leave ISIS alone it grows into an serious American and world threat..
    Yes. We do. Im not going. If its so unstable, and a threat, wouldn't the best strategy be to let them destroy themselves?...let them fight over whatever is over there, they can fight for the sand...or other natural resources...

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

I'm horny

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post

Joe I like your thinking

It would straighten kids out real fast and then they come back into society much better and more mature

First 12