dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Worst WSOP final table ever?

I liked the format and getting rid of November 9

Awful final table though. Hesp was ok but you could tell a lot of it was an act. The rest pretty much had no personality and Blumstein just luckboxed his way to the win. Not a lot of strategy or play making just timid careful play and then Bumstein SBRd the river on the last hand.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

I want an honest answer.....

I watched his fat azz and I am curious if it is proper poker etiquette to cover the chips with ur fat hands acting like he will shove every hand

Just curious....I am not a huge poker guy, but I do follow it now and then, and have never seen this before

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

ask alec torelli how to handle chips

only he can give you the real answer

but to be honest, I'm sure he is just left handed and that was the cause

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Really annoys me to have the fan crowd and the way these guys jump out of there seats and cheer and shit. I mean I get it's huge huge money but I think acting that way poor sportsmanship in poker.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Big win for fat guys everywhere. Now just needs to not do anything silly like Raymer

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

heard the kid that won graduated from Temple University

yet another philly winner

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

bro allen Iverson doesn't count

and I hope you aren't going back to ben franklin

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Thought the guy was Rob Kardashian

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Have you not watched the WSOP the last few years? Most of the good players are robotic types who don't show any emotion whatsoever which is bad for the game.

Blumstein did run very well, but he also made some moves and did what he needed to do to get the W. When it got to three handed play, he bluffed OTT off the best hand with just a missed K high flush draw that would have set him back near the bottom had OTT called him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

RudyRuetigger

most of the poker pros do not show up for this festival

it is those guys that go to the carnival and get funnel cakes while playing those rigged games

pros PASS, except doug polk

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

Another? Does that mean we are up to 3?

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

There have been a few terribly boring to watch final tables in recent years, it's just that they're so unmemorable that, well, they're forgotten. Disappointing final table for sure, but didn't stand out hugely to me. Would've liked to see Ben Lamb chip up and put the pressure on the scared players.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

tough to watch for most of it

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I liked the format and getting rid of November 9

Awful final table though. Hesp was ok but you could tell a lot of it was an act. The rest pretty much had no personality and Blumstein just luckboxed his way to the win. Not a lot of strategy or play making just timid careful play and then Bumstein SBRd the river on the last hand.
    I didn't think it was that bad.
    Darvin Moon final was worse I thought.
    The geezer from England was kind of fun, Brumstein played solid, yeah that deuce was a God send, if Brumstein doesn't hit that 3 outer, that tournament would be still going on.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29812

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Thought the guy was Rob Kardashian

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Was not exciting at all but I did like holding it now instead of waiting until November. Broadcasts of the earlier days were more interesting since they could choose the feature tables.

The Selbst-Baumann hand on Day 1 was the highlight for me and it all felt downhill from there.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Really annoys me to have the fan crowd and the way these guys jump out of there seats and cheer and shit. I mean I get it's huge huge money but I think acting that way poor sportsmanship in poker.
    It's pretty obnoxious. My ass is never jumping up and running over to the rail if I hypothetically was in that position. And if my friends start chanting, and shit then I'll have them shut up immediately. The one dude has his whole rail filled with obnoxious drunks. Honestly probably wouldn't even want people there. Especially since they would expect me to pay for everything. Ott did it right. He walked over, and was calm. Fats rail was annoying, and his gut was falling out constantly.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47525

Hesp was entertaining. Other than him, noone at the table was worth watching.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

They really needed lamb to have chips. He wouldn't have given a penetrate about moving up 200k. A bunch of guys on their own rolls makes for a bad final table. Even hesp got tight when he lost his stack. It will be interesting to see how Ott and Blumstein handle their big score.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

This wasn't even the worst table of this decade even though it was quite passive and boring. After last years master class by Qui Nguyen there was little chance this table could stack up in entertainment value.

This years table was also a good example of playing to win vs playing to ladder up the money. Blumstein and Ott were the only ones willing to make moves so it's no coincidence they made it to heads up.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    This years table was also a good example of playing to win vs playing to ladder up the money. Blumstein and Ott were the only ones willing to make moves so it's no coincidence they made it to heads up.
    Great point. Guys were folding AJ with 10-12 big blinds pre-flop when the big stacks were raising them in position. You can't sit there and wait for pocket queens or better all day.

Cool that Blumstein went to Temple and Ott was from close to my hometown. Pennsylvania represented well

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    This wasn't even the worst table of this decade even though it was quite passive and boring. After last years master class by Qui Nguyen there was little chance this table could stack up in entertainment value.

Sharpie sharp as usual.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Another? Does that mean we are up to 3?
    Two.

Rocky Balboa was a fictional character.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Was entertained by a little bit of it.

dhristov211
    2023 year of Josh
    dhristov211's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 758

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Hesp was entertaining. Other than him, noone at the table was worth watching.
    only fun player

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What a crapshoot I think you're better off playing Baccarat

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Yeah Salas was a major douche and jewstein too. Years past way more exciting obv because espn able to cut and edit. Last year was bad too cuz johnnybax was acting like a toolbag for a man in his 50s

RisingDough
    RisingDough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1674

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I want an honest answer.....

I watched his fat azz and I am curious if it is proper poker etiquette to cover the chips with ur fat hands acting like he will shove every hand

Just curious....I am not a huge poker guy, but I do follow it now and then, and have never seen this before
    lol

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

If he was using his fat left hand, then it would have been improper, to me. As he could use it to gauge reactions. But, he just let it rest there, and used his right hand to do everything which was still annoying. He still did some little shit with it where you would think he was gonna reach, but would just slap his flab for a check. Nothing improper though. He craned himself away when people asked to see, plus they show chip counts on the screen. I think. At least at the Final table.