gougola
    gougola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Gougolas 100€->10k$ bankroll challenge

Hello everyone,

Today I got inspired to try something different. If there are any pokerplayers out there, you have probably heard of people doing bankroll challenges before, the point being growing your bankroll from X to Y playing poker. Well I decided that I am going to give it a go, but growing the roll mainly betting sports. I think I might trade some crypto currency aswell and/or some other assets. But the point will be turning 100$ into 10000$ betting sports. And I am going to do this in a timeframe of 150 days.

For now I will not be going into depth about the strategies or types of bets I will be using/placing. I feel that I am at a point in my betting "career" where doing this is fully possible. I have a good enough edge over the softbooks, and if it goes bust, it does. I will say, that this "edge" I am talking about, I mainly have in tennis, and I especially enjoy inplay tennis betting.

I actually started this challenge yesterday, and we ended up on the good side of variance boosting our bankroll with over 80%. The bottom line of the challenge is making 3% of my bankroll every day (on average). Today we have had a worse day, and we are currently at +21.81% but as I said it is all variance, and I believe it will work out in my favor in the long run. So far I have turned over my bankroll about 2.7 times and I am up 21.81% as said. I still have a couple of open bets, so the result for the day could get even better.

Hope someone will be interested in reading this, and I will get back to you in a couple of days!

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 158

Good luck. I wish I had the discipline to do that.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24609

Good Luck, goug. U can do it!

gougola

Thanks for the support guys! Getting really hyped up about this!!

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 959

Good luck but u have no chance.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Good luck but u have no chance.
    this

gougola

Haha, that was the response I was expecting! Ended the day with a turnover of 164.69€ losing 29.26€. I am still +31.75% tho, which is a good start, but I am expecting the variance to even it out at some point tho... But running above EV is always a good thing! Total number of bets/trades for today was 19, so we had some big bets out there today, but nothing too huge. Will probably update again tomorrow! Thanks for the GL wishes

gougola

Hi guys,

Here with a little update again. Today we have a turnover of 82,97€ and a profit of 2,53€ with a total of 17 bets and a 3.04% ROI so we ran almost exactly on EV today. Most of the bets placed were inplay tennis, with a couple of prematch tennis bets. One thing I have noticed already about this challenge, is that it will be extremely important to hedge out bets, and go for a sure profit instead of taking risks trying to win bigger.
    I was wondering if there is anything in particular that you guys would like me to write about?? As I said earlier, I will not be going into depth about the strategies and methods I use at this moment, but I will say this: The thing I am all about is finding VALUE. I am not trying to pick winners, I am placing bets that I think would make me money in the long run. It does not matter if the bet cashes in, as long as I would end up winning money if I was able to place the bet 1000 times.
    At the moment we are up 40.82% running absolutely insane, considering that the target for day 3 would be 109.27€....

gougola

Hi guys,

Sometimes I seriously wonder how I ever got into sportstrading and wether betting on sports is really the thing for me. Jesus christ it is frustrating and nerve wracking when you have a big percentage of your bankroll at stake, and it looks to be going south... In other words today was a rough day. I was wondering if you guys have any pointers on what to do when you go on tilt? I used to be a total degen and punt of huge amounts of my roll when going on tilt, but I have gotten a lot better with that, avoiding those highstakes bad bets.
    Anyway this day sucked shit, and I lost about 50€ of my bankroll, with a turnover of 289.86€. Might be taking tomorrow off, since I am still tilted as penetrate.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by gougola View Post
    Hi guys,

Sometimes I seriously wonder how I ever got into sportstrading and wether betting on sports is really the thing for me. Jesus christ it is frustrating and nerve wracking when you have a big percentage of your bankroll at stake, and it looks to be going south... In other words today was a rough day. I was wondering if you guys have any pointers on what to do when you go on tilt? I used to be a total degen and punt of huge amounts of my roll when going on tilt, but I have gotten a lot better with that, avoiding those highstakes bad bets.
    Anyway this day sucked shit, and I lost about 50€ of my bankroll, with a turnover of 289.86€. Might be taking tomorrow off, since I am still tilted as penetrate.
    Take out the rest of your money and put it in a savings account earning 2% interest. You will make more money.

If you wanna take a risk take that money and put it into Ripple XRP coin, forget about it and hopefully in 5 years u reach your goal.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Another guy that's going to go broke

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    by the sounds of it hes gone broke and is now chasing that dream of winning it back

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Biggie let the guy dream, why we gotta be crushers in here everyone learns the hard way.

gougola

Lol a 100€ is not a big sum of money for me, and I am completely fine with losing it. I thought I would do this as a fun challenge, not chasing losses. Anyway after a latenight livebetting session I still ended up a winner yesterday, wirh a bankroll of 139.60€. Had the biggest turnover by far yesterday, (over 300€).
    I just want to make it clear that I would have to lose a lot more than a 100€ to "go broke". But anyway keep following the thread if you want to see me go broke! ))
    Will be back after day10 with a longer report of how it has gone, and a graph aswell! I am loaning out my whole bankroll saturday, with an interesrate of 3.57% so theres my return for the weekend .

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    coach always lending a helping hand

gougola

Hello guys I am back again. Was not able to place that many bets during the weekend, since I was out on an island getting wasted. Anyhow, 10 days have now passed, and I thought I was going to write a little report on how it has gone. Overall it has gone great. The total turnover is now 1126.95€ and the total profit is 115.80€, which means that our bankroll is at 215.80€ which is way higher than expected. The total number of trades placed is 132. We have had a couple of big trades, but in general the trades have been about 3%-5% of the whole bankroll.
    I also made a graph comparing my results and the expected value, but I guess you can't upload pictures on here(?). I might be back with a short coverage of the first 2 weeks on friday, but I am going to Barcelona and Ibiza on saturday and will not be able to bet until next thursday/friday, so probably will not be writing anything before that.

gougola

Took a beating today. Went from 215.80€ to 170.60€ with a total turnover of 126.50€. Took some unnecessary risks, when tilted ofc. which in hindsight I would have never taken, if I would just be starting the day out. I think I should have taken the day off anyway, because I felt super fatigued from playing 3 hour sessions of tennis two days in a row. I really can feel a difference and I can feel that my mind is not really that sharp.
    I still have a lot of work to do on my tilting, and trading mentality in general. You always have to keep in mind, it is not what you can do for money, but what money can do for you...

gougola

Back on the upswing. Bankroll currently at 225.40€. Going to Barcelona and Ibiza tomorrow, so I will not be posting or betting until next friday.

gougola

Okay guys after a long trip I am back. Right after my trip I had a very busy weekend, and then I caught a cold... So in other words I have not been placing any trades at all. I am ready to get back on the grind now. I am going to make a change to the challenge, and take the easy way out and make it 100€ to 1k instead of 10k, got some bigger projects coming up that are going to be way more time consuming..