Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    I was always smoking weed so the car always stunk.

50% probably ended with me getting some kind of ticket.
    Then they should of thrown you in jail and searched your car as well.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Then they should of thrown you in jail and searched your car as well.
    Lol. They would just write me a ticket and send me on my way.

The charge is marijuana in a motor vehicle I believe.

Misdemeanor level offense

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I don't know what state this took place in, but they can't just search your car. And if they do first thing in the morning go to the DA's office and report this. Doubt it will happen 30 times if you do.
    I've lived in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Nevada and California. In everyone of those states with the exception of Nevada, I've met people from all colors, sex and ages that got searched with no probably cause. It's never happened to me but all those people were certainly not making it up. Maybe I'm just real lucky but spend a morning in traffic court in most states and you will be shocked with all the shit that goes on. Cops basically have a license to do whatever they want to do.

You think searching your car is bad. Police can search your home without a warrant. Texas is notorious for illegal search and seizures.

America has turned into a communistic police state more than most people really know.

Bostongambler

Lol. They would just write me a ticket and send me on my way.

The charge is marijuana in a motor vehicle I believe.

Misdemeanor level offense
    You are lucky. You got off easy.

BrickJames
    Action

You are lucky. You got off easy.
    For weed?

You see you're out east where people are real uptight.

Out West and in some cities in the Midwest weed is no big deal

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I've lived in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Nevada and California. In everyone of those states with the exception of Nevada, I've met people from all colors, sex and ages that got searched with no probably cause. It's never happened to me but all those people were certainly not making it up. Maybe I'm just real lucky but spend a morning in traffic court in most states and you will be shocked with all the shit that goes on. Cops basically have a license to do whatever they want to do.

You think searching your car is bad. Police can search your home without a warrant. Texas is notorious for illegal search and seizures.

America has turned into a communistic police state more than most people really know.
    I would reply to this, but I'm still chewing on the fact that you want to fight a guy 70lbs less than you and you make the rules.

Ok, carry on. Peace ✌️

Bostongambler

For weed?

You see you're out east where people are real uptight.

Out West and in some cities in the Midwest weed is no big deal
    So your stance is a cop pulls you over and the car smells of weed and you think it's wrong for him/her to investigate further?

Mac4Lyfe

I would reply to this, but I'm still chewing on the fact that you want to fight a guy 70lbs less than you and you make the rules.
    Ok, carry on. Peace ✌️
    Do you even know what you are talking about? Manny challenged me to boxing. Mind your damn business.

Bostongambler

Do you even know what you are talking about? Manny challenged me to boxing. Mind your damn business.
    Mind my own business??? Hahahaha... your posting your daily fight log on a forum you clown 🤡.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The only people(including my brother) that I know who had their cars searched, all smoked pot, and their cars always smelled like pot because they had a habit of smoking pot in the car. If you roll down your window when you get pulled over and you just finished smoking a joint or blunt in the car, there is a very good chance that the cop that pulled you over is going to smell it and go into "bust mode"

Mac4Lyfe

Mind my own business??? Hahahaha... your posting your daily fight log on a forum you clown 嵐.
    Which none of it concerns you so what the fukk are you chewing over?? I want to fight a guy... Wrong. I made the rules... Wrong. Stay in your damn lane.

Bostongambler

Which none of it concerns you so what the fukk are you chewing over?? I want to fight a guy... Wrong. I made the rules... Wrong. Stay in your damn lane.
    Then don't post it if you don't want people to respond. I'm chewing over a grown ass man ( at least I suppose you are) offering to fly a guy cross country to fight him.

Pal, even on your best day you couldn't come in my lane.

Mac4Lyfe

Then don't post it if you don't want people to respond. I'm chewing over a grown ass man ( at least I suppose you are) offering to fly a guy cross country to fight him.
    Pal, even on your best day you couldn't come in my lane.
    But you felt the need to get in my lane? Maybe you should stop chewing with my jizz all in your mouth.

Bostongambler

But you felt the need to get in my lane? Maybe you should stop chewing with my jizz all in your mouth.
    Ok, I can see that you are just another run of the mill immature wannabes out here.

Good reply by the way. Good luck with your fight.

Mac4Lyfe

Ok, I can see that you are just another run of the mill immature wannabes out here. Good reply by the way. Good luck with your fight.
    You dumbfukk have been wrong all over the place. You're chewing over me when Manny challenged me dumb ass. You chewing over me when he set the rules. You barking up the wrong tree pal and I don't need your fukking luck.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Laker is cashing in on this thread. Nice work brother

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    knowing when to pick your battles is just as important. Your word against the cops in a 'he said, she said' story, you will lose 100% of the time. Spend sometime in Mexico, China and parts of Europe and you will grow a new appreciation for the police here. It's not perfect but no one is.
    I got pulled over in Mexico last week for running a red light. Wasn't so bad. I probably could've bribed my way out of it but chose the ticker instead.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

City Of Chicago Working Around Clock To Clear 18 Inches Of Bullet Casings From Streets

CHICAGO—Promising that every effort would be made to limit the impact on residents’ day-to-day lives, Chicago officials announced Wednesday that a fleet of…

BrickJames
    Action

So your stance is a cop pulls you over and the car smells of weed and you think it's wrong for him/her to investigate further?
    When did I say it was wrong? It just is what it is.

The difference between me and philando Castile is that unlike him who felt he needed a pistol to protect his quarter ounce of weed and his piece of s*** car I would ride around in nice cars with an ounce of weed and I would just hand it right over to the cops because I knew it was just a ticket I didn't think I needed a pistol.

That's why I'm still alive today.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

City Of Chicago Working Around Clock To Clear 18 Inches Of Bullet Casings From Streets

CHICAGO—Promising that every effort would be made to limit the impact on residents’ day-to-day lives, Chicago officials announced Wednesday that a fleet of…

This is so funny

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

I honestly think I might have woke up the neighbors laughing so hard at this article.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave BrickJames 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

So a few years ago a MN company, 3M, created a license plate scanning system that can ID and scan 2000 plates per minute from any angle- and mounted it on over 500 state and local law enforcement vehicles in Minnestota. The profile of the registered owner of the vehicle was linked to the plates scanned and the information, rap sheet, warrants, child support arrears, unpaid tickets or tax liens was instantly available to the officer. All they need to pull you over at that point is a bad tail light. The result was so many arrests that the state of MN had to pass legislation to limit the information available via this technology.

Clearly the technology is now employed nationwide and is, in fact, turning this country into a police state and leading over zealous authorities to use petty offenses as a way to try and make 'the big bust'.

I think it's a shame.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    So a few years ago a MN company, 3M, created a license plate scanning system that can ID and scan 2000 plates per minute from any angle- and mounted it on over 500 state and local law enforcement vehicles in Minnestota. The profile of the registered owner of the vehicle was linked to the plates scanned and the information, rap sheet, warrants, child support arrears, unpaid tickets or tax liens was instantly available to the officer. All they need to pull you over at that point is a bad tail light. The result was so many arrests that the state of MN had to pass legislation to limit the information available via this technology.

Clearly the technology is now employed nationwide and is, in fact, turning this country into a police state and leading over zealous authorities to use petty offenses as a way to try and make 'the big bust'.

I think it's a shame.
    I remember one time I drove into Apple Valley Minnesota in a car registered in my brother's name and I got pulled over instantly and it was because he had some unpaid traffic ticket. Very sketchy

MinnesotaFats

Yup and that is exactly why these shootings are occurring. The driver, who may have a warrant or some outstanding issue, gets pulled over for no true traffic offense, really has no choice but to be vigilant in his defense because it's sketchy police work.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I got pulled over in Mexico last week for running a red light. Wasn't so bad. I probably could've bribed my way out of it but chose the ticker instead.
    I have bribed Mexican police before, I have also had them beat the s*** out of me and throw me in the Tijuana jail.

Could go either way.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

They are looking for cash to seize. And for those who call bullshit, unless it's happened to you shut your pie hole. Happened to me once driving to Nevada to make a bet. I lost $12K. A penetrating drug dog went apeshit over a frickin bag of jerky in my bag in my trunk. They opened the bag and there you have it.

Money confiscated even though I was never convicted of anything. I went to lawyer up and he said it would cost me more to get it back.

I've been taken by police in Mexico, but this was a first.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    They are looking for cash to seize. And for those who call bullshit, unless it's happened to you shut your pie hole. Happened to me once driving to Nevada to make a bet. I lost $12K. A penetrating drug dog went apeshit over a frickin bag of jerky in my bag in my trunk. They opened the bag and there you have it.

Money confiscated even though I was never convicted of anything. I went to lawyer up and he said it would cost me more to get it back.

I have had police write me a receipt for my money that They confiscated three different times one time was almost 3000.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

They steal all the time, Im sure thats part of the reason some join. But according to this guy you were more than likely at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    I understand there are bad cops, just like any other profession. This is why there are bosses. Did you call his boss and file a complaint? If you didn't, then you are part of the problem.
    Respect law enforcement, live your life the right way and you won't have a problem. They don't actively seek to throw people in jail for no reason.
    The only way property gets seized is through illegal activity. If you think it's scary, then you need to think about all the crime that's going on around you. They just don't come in and rip your things from you, at least that's not been my experience.
    The ones that complain, are the ones that have something to hide. Always been that way, always will.

BrickJames
    Action

Depends on the amount the time they took almost 3K from me we cut a deal and I gave them about 12 and kept about 18.

The other times the lawyer told me the same thing that it wasn't worth the time and effort

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Sounds like the police are doing an excellent job then, so why complain!
    Because the cost of living in NJ makes life very challenging. My family and career will likely keep me here. I do not want to have my property taxes go up endlessly for the rest of my life to pay for all of these cops retirement and benefits while they work second careers. Violent crime and crime against property would be the same imo with less police. "Crime" would go down because less people would be arrested for victimless offenses.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Not that I am against people making money. I just don't want to be forced to pay it for services that I find to have limited to no value. Having 50 cops in a rural town in Morris County NJ is crazy in my opinion.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Because the cost of living in NJ makes life very challenging. My family and career will likely keep me here. I do not want to have my property taxes go up endlessly for the rest of my life to pay for all of these cops retirement and benefits while they work second careers. Violent crime and crime against property would be the same imo with less police. "Crime" would go down because less people would be arrested for victimless offenses.
    BINGO

Crime figures manipulated for politics. More police, more arrests, more crime, more police union, more votes.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

It's not just cash they are after. If they find drugs, they can confiscate the car. More money for the dept.

This practice was on the downslide but Sessions is seeking to turn it up again. This is not getting political, just google it. Just know the practice will be picking up. So be careful guys.

BrickJames
    Action

It's not just cash they are after. If they find drugs, they can confiscate the car. More money for the dept.

This practice was on the downslide but Sessions is seeking to turn it up again. This is not getting political, just google it. Just know the practice will be picking up. So be careful guys.
    They always made me pay to get my car's back it would take about 8 months

BrickJames
    Action

Man those were the days riding around in a fukkin 745 LI with some twenty-year-old bobber blowing me smoking a fukkin blunt! I can almost travel back if I shut my eyes and concentrate hard enough

First 12345 Last