Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Rashad Jennings Is Getting Restless

DeAngelo Williams isn’t the only veteran running back still looking for a job. Rashad Jennings, winner of the most recent Dancing with the Stars, continues to wait for his next opportunity.

“I’m in the best shape of my life,” Jennings said Saturday, via Damien Sordelett of the Lynchburg (Va.) News & Advance. “I’m always going to be in shape. That’s what I’m known for across the league. A team knows they’re going to have a player that’s going to be in the best shape of their life. Free agency right now, I’m going into year nine. I understand free agency and how it works. I feel like I’ll be landing with a team in the next two months, but right now I feel I’m in such a peaceful place in my life, though, from transitioning to another team, transitioning to other things outside of football, doing all the philanthropic work that I do. I’m just in a peaceful place.”

He hopes to be in a place that entails little or no peace — on a football field. Jennings spent the last three seasons with the Giants. In 2015, he had 863 rushing yards, a career high. Last year, his yards-per-carry plunged from 4.4 to 3.3, and his total output dropped to 593. The Giants released him before the start of free agency, and Jennings has gotten few if any sniffs since then.

But a phone call is inevitable because injuries are inevitable. Just like Williams, Jennings will be on the short list of plug-and-play players who can show up on short notice, learn enough of the offense to be effective, and move the chains on a temporary basis, or longer. At this point it’s just a matter of when the phone rings.

Posted by Mike Florio on July 9, 2017, 12:55 PM EDT

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Depended on this guy to win me fantasy football a few years back. Only got me 30 yds

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Running backs are a diamond dozen in the NFL as our wide receivers

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Good backup, you just don't want to have him as your #1 option.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

What happened

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Dancing with the Stars season 24 champion Rashad Jennings travels frequently, but that doesn’t stop him from maintaining a healthy diet and staying physically fit.

Though the NFL free agent is constantly on the road, he makes sure to prioritize clean eating and exercise.

“I think [healthy eating] is extremely important in order to keep your body functioning at its fullest potential,” says Jennings, who follows a gluten- and dairy-free diet. “You need to be aware of the things you are putting into your body to get the results you are trying to see.”

To help him stay on track, Jennings, 32, plans out his meals, each of which is made by his personal chef, who seals them in individual bags to keep them fresh when he’s on the go.

In addition to his healthy eating, the professional athlete has a daily workout routine, which includes moves like shoulder presses, lateral raises, front raises, straight arm pull downs and more.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Over the hill

KLC call me

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Packers should give him a try out.