Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    He acts like one
    You're not going through your Hitler phase again are you?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    You posted that you are hoping to have $300 by Saturday. Even if you reach that massive goal that you have set for yourself, I'm sorry to break it to you Jay, but you are still broke.
    And you'll still be a douche.

Call it even.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jay knows CFL
    Canadians don't have to work. They simply bet CFL + NHL + maybe Curling.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

CFL fan Karen Kuldys thought she'd won $1M, but there was a flag on the play

Contest awards prize for 2 kick-off TD returns in same game

By Devin Heroux, CBC Sports Posted: Jul 13, 2017 11:34 PM ET Last Updated: Jul 14, 2017 9:20 AM ET

Play[IMG]http://thumbnails.cbc.ca/maven_legacy/thumbnails/374/87/16373049_620x350_996835907860.jpg?crop=1 .777xh:h;*,*&crop=w:0.5625xw;*,*&downsize=1280px:*[/IMG]

CFL ref costs Winnipeg woman $1 million

JUMP TO BEGINNING OF THE TRACK

SKIP BACK 15 SECONDS

WATCH

SKIP FORWARD 30 SECONDS

ADJUST VOLUME

00:00 01:09

FULLSCREEN

CFL ref costs Winnipeg woman $1 million 1:09

573 shares
    Facebook

Twitter

Reddit

Google

Email

Related Stories

It might go down as the most expensive Canadian Football League penalty call in history.
    Karen Kuldys was in line to win $1 million when the Toronto Argonauts' Martese Jackson ran back a kickoff for a touchdown against the Blue Bombers in the second quarter on Thursday night in Winnipeg.
    It was all part of the Safeway/Sobeys $1,000,000 Touchdown To Win contest — if any two kickoffs are returned for touchdowns in a CFL game, a lucky fan would win the money.
    Fans become eligible by using their Air Miles card at the store while making purchases. But it was all for not when a controversial blocking penalty was thrown just 25 yards from the end zone during the second touchdown return.
    "My heart just sank and I thought, 'Oh my God, how close could I get to one million dollars,'" the Winnipeg resident said. "You got to be kidding me. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it right now."

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Kuldys was in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner while her husband Stan Kuldys and daughter Michelle were watching the game in the living room. They erupted in cheers when the Bombers' Ryan Lankford started the game by returning the opening kickoff for a 105-yard touchdown. One kickoff return down.
    But here's the thing: Kuldys had no idea she could potentially win $1 million.
    "When the second touchdown happened, it didn't really dawn on me what was happening. Like I wasn't jumping up and down. I just thought maybe I was entered to win a million dollars," she said.
    She was thrilled to learn she had won a $25,000 entertainment system as a part of the same contest, but when her husband clued in to what was going on, they were all heartbroken.
    "I'm kind of stunned," Karen Kuldys said. "I didn't really understand what was happening to begin with. But my husband said if it wasn't for that penalty, we would have won one million dollars. I couldn't believe it. One bad call away from one million dollars," she said.
    "I'm not a gambler by any means. I buy 649 tickets. This is as close as I've ever come to winning something like this."
    Penalty call causes controversy

Her husband is a diehard CFL fan and watches most of the games. He still can't believe a penalty flag was thrown on the play.
    "That should have been a touchdown," he said. "I need to get in touch with the CFL. The guy was eight yards behind the guy running into the end zone. And the Bomber guy fell on his own."
    He says that on top of it being a bad call that cost them the money, it came late in the play.
    "The league is going to say they made a bad call, but that doesn't bring us our one million dollars."
    While Karen Kuldys doesn't know the rules as well as her husband, she has strong feelings on this call.
    "That's terrible. This one was a really, really bad call. I go to football games and don't know the rules really well, but this was bad."
    What the $1M would have meant

The couple say the first thing they would have done was given a lot of the $1 million to their daughter so that she could look after her one-year-old daughter.
    "First thing I said to Stan was that Michelle could stay home with the baby," Karen Kuldys said. "Yesterday she said, 'Mom I'm pretty emotional, it'll be hard to go back to work.'"
    In two weeks, their daughters returns to work at Superstore after a year of maternity leave.
    "[Michelle] wouldn't have to go to work to take care of her one-year-old," Stan said. "She said she'd rather go on welfare before taking her daughter to daycare."
    The couple also said they would have used the money to pay off their mortgage.
    At least someone came out a winner: The Blue Bombers went on to defeat the Argos 33-25.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

penetrate thats brutal i was mad about my $70 parlay

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jay your our top cfl guy

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

No doubt Biggie....I'd be hunting down that ref till the day I died.

First 12