thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    did he get robbed guys?
    He dominated the 9th round and the ref came to Horn's corner and told him the fight would be stopped if he didn't see anything from him.

Up to that point, personally, I thought it was pretty close. After that, Pac was gassed. Horn showed himself well the last 3 rounds.

I expected a close Pac decision. Guys are wound up because of the 117-111 scorecard and because the 9th round looked really bad for Horn.

Also, after the fight Pacman seemed to give 2 shits and quickly reminded everyone of the rematch clause if he lost, so it definitely looked shady. It was a great fight otherwise.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 07-02-17 at 07:49 AM.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Horn may have gotten the corrupt decision but within the boxing inner circles he is not validated because of the result. Anybody at the elite level will tell you he lost that fight and it wasn't all that close. Regardless it was an awkward opponent for Pac and his constant holding tactics and roughing tactics may have influenced the judges along with the crowd reactions and support for Horn. The blood dripping from Pac's head also may have slowed Pac down a bit and he had him hurt bad late but Horn got away with a lot of intentional holding to avoid getting countered on the way in and probably should have been deducted a point. A tough fighter he is but I do not think he is validated at all at the elite level of boxing within the community so a good night for him but he will soon find out that receiving a corrupt decision will have people coming at him from all angles although it isn't his fault.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Somebody made alot of money last night ....a lot of money.

Horn was what + 450

and im pretty sure horn by dec was +1250

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

DDD had horn at +500

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Check out this post from a couple of days ago on a boxing forum;

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=750878

I just noticed about Jeff Horn...

His style is a blend of Shane Mosley and Roy Jones Jr.

The problem - the BIG problem - is he's nowhere near or as fast as either fighter. Their styles require speed, and Horn is way too slow. Barely touched a 40-year old Randall Bailey, but he certainly did try.

He's very effective in the trench - but Manny prefers to fight at range more often than not.

He eats punches so he can land his own - but Manny only needs to land one.

Add to that the fact he's never been on a really big stage like this.

On the flip, he's ranked #2 by the WBO, same as Bradley when he fought Manny the first time - and that was also assumed to be a mismatch. We saw what happened there.

And one of the judges is Waleska Roldan - the same Waleska Roldan who gave a gift to Heather Hardy in 2014.

Ref is Mark Nelson - the same ref who took a flush right from Hugo Centeno Jr. and wiped it off - but doesn't like inside fighting. Jeff's strongest weapon.

Something smells about Arum picking this guy. I wouldn't put money on it, but I would not be shocked to see a repeat of Pacquiao/Bradley I.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice find optional...

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    so manny pulverized Horn's face so badly in round 9 the ref wanted to stop the fight

Horn was beaten bloody

manny landed a much higher percentage and also more punches overall

the only real damage horn did to pacquaio was with head butts

and yeah it's 117-111 horn
    summed it up perfectly. thats boxing. the most corrupt "sport" there is and why nobody gives a damn about it anymore

i hope the mob was in on the fix otherwise some of these judges and commission folks are going to find a nice car bomb in their future. DONT mess with folks money boxing...

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

In front of 51,052, Pacquiao lost a hard fought fight via a controversial unanimous decision when the three judges scored it 117-111, 115-113, 115-113 in favor of Horn. Many pundits, current and former boxers believed Pacquiao had done enough to retain the WBO title. Although Horn was the aggressor and showed determination throughout the fight, it nearly came to an end in round 9 when Pacquiao took control and looked for the stoppage. Horn lasted the round and was told by referee Mark Nelson, that he needs to show competitiveness or he would stop the fight.
    Despite now having lost five of his last nine fights, Pacquiao remained humble, “I’m professional. I respect the judges.”
    It was reported that Horn would receive $500,000 from this fight and Pacquiao was guaranteed at least $10 million. Pacquiao stated he would activate the rematch clause and fight Horn again at the end of 2017. Compubox stats showed that Pacquiao landed 182 out of 573 punches thrown (32%), whilst Horn landed 92 of 625 thrown (15%).[11][12]
    In regards to the controversial scorecards, ESPN's Dan Rafael scored the fight 117-111 and ESPN analyst scored it 116-111, both for Pacquiao. The Guardian also scored the fight 117-111 in favor of Pacquiao. CBS Sports scored the fight 114-114 even. IBT scored the fight 117-111 for Pacquiao.[13][14][15][16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_..._vs._Jeff_Horn

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

the said part is that none of you realize who is the main culprit and that would be the books who win all these corrupt decisions. On another note why is Manny always fighting these guys twice his size? Especially at his age.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    not one ten eight in the 9th round. Interesting

Thor4140

Steven A Smith was going on a rant and rightfully so but than he said this didn't happen in the UFC. LOL. Shit happens all the time.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

I missed a good fight. How much did it cost?

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

judges gave it to horn so brock landers would lose an $1800 bet

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I missed a good fight. How much did it cost?
    WWE network showed it for 9.99

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Steven A Smith was going on a rant and rightfully so but than he said this didn't happen in the UFC. LOL. Shit happens all the time.
    Steve Smith needs two drama queen episodes a week to keep his ratings up. Pacman is one fight away from retirement. Sorry I'm not buying the whole disaster to boxing senario.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Hmm that's interesting

Not a single round where the 'corrupt' judge wasn't agreed with by at least one of the other two.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    Finally some clarity on this boxing match

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I kept muting and then turned off the tv once he started talking. Why did they have him on there?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I kept muting and then turned off the tv once he started talking. Why did they have him on there?
    Didn't understand why he was there...where was max kellerman ?

Thor4140

Geez bring up S Smith and the whole topic changes. I'm not sure why this guy has such a huge impact on others lives.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Also, after the fight Pacman seemed to give 2 shits and quickly reminded everyone of the rematch clause if he lost, so it definitely looked shady. It was a great fight otherwise.
    I'm surprised anyone in this thread think the decision by the Judges was just an honest mistake. This was a clear fixed outcome and Manny himself was in on it. It's why when he was asked about it, he didn't say "I know i won that fight", he said "have to respect the decision of the judges and we will have a rematch later this year". This was nothing but a fixed outcome match meant to ensure 2 more money fights for Manny (both on PPV - since this one was free). It's a carbon copy of what happened with Bradley, except the first Pac-Bradley was way more one-sided than this one. This fight, Pac clearly won, but it was still fairly close. The Pac-Bradley fight was a farce. Pac won every around that fight and that judges still said he lost.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

As fixed as it gets LOL....boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I'm surprised anyone in this thread think the decision by the Judges was just an honest mistake. This was a clear fixed outcome and Manny himself was in on it. It's why when he was asked about it, he didn't say "I know i won that fight", he said "have to respect the decision of the judges and we will have a rematch later this year". This was nothing but a fixed outcome match meant to ensure 2 more money fights for Manny (both on PPV - since this one was free). It's a carbon copy of what happened with Bradley, except the first Pac-Bradley was way more one-sided than this one. This fight, Pac clearly won, but it was still fairly close. The Pac-Bradley fight was a farce. Pac won every around that fight and that judges still said he lost.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Somebody made alot of money last night ....a lot of money.

Horn was what + 450

and im pretty sure horn by dec was +1250
    +1250 was long gone weeks prior to the fight.

Fight was a coin toss if you watch it with the sound off. Everyone on the broadcast aside from Bradley was biased for Manny. Punch stats are irrelevant. They are recorded by a person in the crowd.

Manny will get his revenge in Phillippines and then get ko'd in his final fight vs Crawford.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Manny will get his revenge in Phillippines and then get ko'd in his final fight vs Crawford.
    It will be tough to justify a Phillipines rematch when Jones won and the money men know they can probably get 70,000+ paying premium money to be there in Australia next time.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Jones?

You mean Horn?
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave yisman 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Jones?

You mean Horn?
    Yeah.

Thanks

First ... 3456