Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

12 Dogs Test Positive For Cocaine In Largest Greyhound Drug Case In American History

A greyhound racing track in Jacksonville, Florida, Bestbet Orange Park, and a trainer are in some serious trouble today after 12 dogs were found to be "coked up" during recent races, a discovery described as the "the largest greyhound drug case in American history." Here is more from FirstCoast News:

First Coast News obtained records from the state Department of Business and Professional Regulation. They show at least 12 dogs in the care of trainer Charles McClellan tested positive for cocaine, for a total of 18 cases in 4 months. The state requires the winner of each greyhound race, as well as another randomly chosen dog, to be drug tested after races. Urine tests conducted by the University of Florida College on Medicine Racing Laboratory came back positive for BZE. McClellan is cited for a Class 1 drug violation for each positive test.

Bestbet officials declined requests for an interview. Through spokesperson Michael?Munz, the track released this statement:

“Bestbet Orange Park completely supports the swift action taken by the state in this matter and as always, fully cooperated with state officials as they conducted their random and routine tests. Bestbet Orange Park maintains a zero-tolerance policy for any trainer or staff member that does anything which puts one of the dog’s health at risk. In this instance, the process carried out by the state of Florida and the regulators was carefully followed under state law. The bottom line is, the system worked.”

Of course, greyhound activists aren't as convinced that "the system worked."

"This is the largest greyhound drug case in American history," says Carey Theil, Executive Director of GREY2K USA in Arlington, Mass., a non-profit that opposes greyhound racing and monitors dog tracks around the country. "This is staggering."

Carey Theil disagrees. “The track tells the public the dogs are 'well taken care of at our facility: We’re making sure everything is fine.' So they can’t have 18 greyhound cocaine violations and say, 'oh, sorry, it’s not our responsibility.'"

According to Dr. Robert Aguiar, a veterinarian at First Coast No More Homeless Pets, cocaine has the potential to be fatal for a racing dog.

"These animals can go into heat stroke after the race and can collapse because their temperatures can reach 105 degrees," he says.
    And while veterinarians say there is no "conclusive" evidence that cocaine can help dogs win, the experience of Flicka, a dog which posted her two fastest times out of 169 races while 'keyed up', would seem to suggest that trainers may be ahead of the veterinarian science on this one.

Dr. Scott Stanley, a toxicologist with UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, says that while cocaine is a stimulant, there has been no evidence to support the claim that cocaine can help a greyhound win a race.

"There are no studies performed by reliable research investigators," he said.

Theil says that while studies about cocaine in dogs may not be conclusive, he sees anecdotal evidence.

"We know the two fastest races of Flicka's career were races which she tested positive for cocaine," he says. "Let me be clear: She has 169 official races in her career. The two fastest times of her career are the two races in which she tested positive for cocaine. That's incredibly disturbing."

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33098

Sad , feel bad for the dogs .

Nice hit on Germany

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

pretty sure that is how I looked

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Sad , feel bad for the dogs .
    Yeah me too...and then they dispose them like garbage after their prime days are over

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Nice hit on Germany
    Thank you sir. I also had a future bet on them.

Same spot in a year for the World Cup. I'll be taking German squad as well.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

I got Germany,France and Brazil.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I got Germany,France and Brazil.
    Best of luck mate!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Best of luck mate!
    Cheers mate,same to you.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Fcked up. Greyhounds are treated like crap, and thrown away. I wish I could afford to rescue some.

My guy is an Italian Greyhound. They really aren't too much alike besides the speed. Greyhounds actually hate my little homie, and other IGs.

Not sure some coke would make him run any faster. Has so much energy already. Faster dog laterally, I believe.

I'd be rich if my dumbass sister didn't cut off his balls. He's a monster, and could be selling pups for at least $800 a pop. Damn dog cured himself of so much.

Anyway. These fools should be jailed. I hate when people even blow weed smoke in their dogs face, or let them drink alcohol. I've had to smack the shit out of people for just smoking cigarettes around my dog, or asking to blow weed in his face. I don't fck with that. He's my kid basically.
    Points Awarded:

Russian Rocket gave Cuse0323 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wonder if that makes the dog go faster?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

This pisses me off

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

greyhound racing is almost totally dead.
    I used to love it but now I understand why
    it needs to shut down, same with horse racing.
    https://www.grey2kusa.org/action/states.html

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

look like the pack of black hookers that were fighting on the street right below my loft when some babe thought it would be a good idea to do some lines on my window sill, and a gust of wind blew her eightball baggie out the window and down to the street below.....

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

dirt-bags.....!!!!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Yeah me too...and then they dispose them like garbage after their prime days are over

Congrats but Germans won't win a world cup in mother Russia will they?

The squad is obviously the best.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

The dogs might need to go to Cesar Millan for rehab now.. ....

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Congrats but Germans won't win a world cup in mother Russia will they?

The squad is obviously the best.
    Oh they absolutely will, LB! This team is the NE Patriots of the modern day soccer. Simply unstoppable.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

as a degenrate, this is my fav story ever

as a dog lover, want to throw some fists
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

this is the kinda shit liberals need to focus on

pretty surprised this shit is still legal

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    this is the kinda shit liberals need to focus on

pretty surprised this shit is still legal
    I totally agree...imo both horse and dog racing needs to be banned and forgotten.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Should see what China does to their dogs.. These people Make Michael Vick look like a Saint in comparison..

The Annual Yulin dog meat festival in China they torture and kill 1000 dogs or more every year.. The more the dog is tortured the better for these people.. Releases adrenaline and the meat is more tender to eat...

Pictures in this link are graphic but real if you flip thru the slide show..http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/chin...ting-festival/