firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

crypto currency discussion

so everybody is wanting to get into crypto currency lately, looking to open a discussion
    everybody knows about BitCoin and Ethereium the top 2 coins right now on the market
    BTC is declining rapidly this week so im looking to buy in this dump and hold until it 2-3x in value
    i see ETH becoming huge in the future and will also invest on that hoping it 5-10x in value

the main thing i wanna get into is alt currencies, some ones im currently looking into are Golem, Ardor, Siacoin and Lisk and hope one blows up....

thinking right now 50% btc, 30% ETH, 20% into alt currencies
    lets open some discussions / debate/ help/ strategies
    Points Awarded:

bonzaii gave firekillex 351 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

i think it will come down hard and become worthless because now there are so many crypto currencies.....probably some programmer creating a new one as i write this msg.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Strategy, marketing, developers, centralized/decentralized use of the coin will determine where they would go. Most of them are probably like penny stocks and will fail (my opinion). Coins that are getting notoriety and establishing relationships with big companies (like) btc, eth, ltc, and coins affiliated with other alts will look to climb while others will find place or fall off.

good thread, interesting topic

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Strategy, marketing, developers, centralized/decentralized use of the coin will determine where they would go. Most of them are probably like penny stocks and will fail (my opinion). Coins that are getting notoriety and establishing relationships with big companies (like) btc, eth, ltc, and coins affiliated with other alts will look to climb while others will find place or fall off.

good thread, interesting topic
    agreed, in this space i could see 3 main powers max, but some coins do different things.. ETH and bitcoin are separate entities in the end of things... those are the 2 coins at the top of the food chain now, bitcoin is dropping the last few days and you always want to buy during dips imo so im considering investing now and hoping it climbs the mountain again... rumblings it could drop to 2k or under by August 1st but im skeptical on this even though i want to wait and see if it does and invest then....

alt coins are a flier in the end of things thats why i would only do 20-30% into alt currencies because if even 1 out of 3-5 hit you will make initial investment back + a ton more ... more risk but more reward with these alt currencies
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyMax View Post
    i think it will come down hard and become worthless because now there are so many crypto currencies.....probably some programmer creating a new one as i write this msg.
    you'll be on the sidelines while we all get paid
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

seen bitcoin at 1100 less then a year ago and said how could it go up in price... missed the boat
    wont let that happen again, after hours of research imo crypto currency is here to stay and could easily take over money as we know

monetary value used to be based in gold and silver, then moved to paper cash, now its mainly ************ , it will move in crypto currency next phase imo , tons of value jumping on earlier then later

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    seen bitcoin at 1100 less then a year ago and said how could it go up in price... missed the boat
    wont let that happen again, after hours of research imo crypto currency is here to stay and could easily take over money as we know

monetary value used to be based in gold and silver, then moved to paper cash, now its mainly ************ , it will move in crypto currency next phase imo , tons of value jumping on earlier then later
    most detractors are either clueless or can't afford to get on board..hate away!!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

soon BTC Pay will be like Apple Pay

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

i cash out most of coin before downward trend fuxk the us government new bill that was introduced on the floor of the US Senate entitled, “Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...95bb56c8bbbda5

Summary

Our legislation modernizes and strengthens criminal money laundering statutes by:
    • Increasing the penalties for bulk cash smuggling, a commonly used method of transportingillegal proceeds between the United States and Mexico.
    • Ensuring that criminals cannot evade the law that prohibits transactions in criminally derivedproperty either by commingling criminal proceeds with clean money or by structuringtransactions to evade the $10,000 statutory threshold.
    • Modernizing the prohibitions against illegal money services businesses, entities used to sendcriminal proceeds and other funds abroad to facilitate criminal activity.
    • Restoring the effectiveness of the concealment money laundering statute as a tool to combatthe transportation of crime proceeds across the border by clarifying that a defendant need notknow the purpose and plan behind the transportation.
    • Allowing the government to apply for a restraining order to temporarily freeze the bankaccounts of defendants arrested for offenses involving the movement of funds in or out of theUnited States.
    • Ensuring that money laundering laws apply to hawalas and other informal value transfersystems used by drug traffickers and terrorists.• Restoring wiretapping authority to investigate currency reporting, bulk cash smuggling,illegal money services businesses, and counterfeiting offenses.
    • Establishing a new money laundering violation that prohibits the transfer funds into or out ofthe United States with the intent to violate U.S. income tax laws.
    • Updating counterfeiting laws to prohibit state-of-the-art counterfeiting methods.
    • Revising anti-money laundering requirements to include prepaid access devices, such asstored value cards, which are effective mediums to move funds across the border.
    • Strengthening existing laws that allow U.S. law enforcement to obtain foreign bank recordsby subpoenaing banks in the United States with which the foreign bank has a correspondentaccount.
    • Filling gaps in the law by creating two new offenses that criminalize knowingly concealing,falsifying or misrepresenting important information concerning ownership or control of anaccount or assets held in an account, to a financial institution.
    Last edited by senseionline; 06-15-17 at 02:58 PM.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 959

Personally i would not put a large amount into ETH or BTC right now.

Take that money and put 70% into Zcash and 30% into XRP (ripple)

Sam Odom

USA cannot quash something like they used to be able to do... USA can tax it or declare it illegal with USA citizens but will have little to do with an issue worldwide thanks to the internet and digitizing

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Personally i would not put a large amount into ETH or BTC right now.

Take that money and put 70% into Zcash and 30% into XRP (ripple)
    what is your rationale?

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    what is your rationale?
    Zcash 100% anonymous coin... lots of use for this... Alot of BTC users have switched over. and zCash is still not that well known.

Ripple. Is working with international banks still very early but i can see the price sky rocketing in the next 2-3 years if everything they have planned falls into place. still sitting pretty cheap at ~25 cents a coin.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    what is your rationale?
    top-notch hackers use it...so it must be good shiiiiit

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Just withdrew huge $$ from sports books to coins, diverse.

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

firekillex

Ethereum was at $348 cdn today now back to $424 ....
    bitcoin was at $2739 this morning now at $3094
    Points Awarded:

mr. leisure gave firekillex 300 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

All ETH for me......PRAY LOL...
    so everybody is wanting to get into crypto currency lately, looking to open a discussion
    everybody knows about BitCoin and Ethereium the top 2 coins right now on the market
    BTC is declining rapidly this week so im looking to buy in this dump and hold until it 2-3x in value
    i see ETH becoming huge in the future and will also invest on that hoping it 5-10x in value

the main thing i wanna get into is alt currencies, some ones im currently looking into are Golem, Ardor, Siacoin and Lisk and hope one blows up....

PaperTrail07

My knows knows the 1st miner of Z cash....
    Zcash 100% anonymous coin... lots of use for this... Alot of BTC users have switched over. and zCash is still not that well known.

Ripple. Is working with international banks still very early but i can see the price sky rocketing in the next 2-3 years if everything they have planned falls into place. still sitting pretty cheap at ~25 cents a coin.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyMax View Post
    yep. now Rodman is promoting potcoin.
    potcoin is 12 cents.

hurry, someone make a beercoin.

PaperTrail07

Anyone buying and selling as the $ goes up and down daily? I'm just in ETH for the long haul.....

PaperTrail07

Broad and vague......theylll just make it a felony for a business to accept BC....still will be flying all over the place in the rest of the world.....they know they have had a good thing going on with this "SALES TAX" lmfao.......look how spooked they are LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by senseionline View Post
    i cash out most of coin before downward trend fuxk the us government new bill that was introduced on the floor of the US Senate entitled, “Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...95bb56c8bbbda5

Summary

Our legislation modernizes and strengthens criminal money laundering statutes by:
    • Increasing the penalties for bulk cash smuggling, a commonly used method of transportingillegal proceeds between the United States and Mexico.
    • Ensuring that criminals cannot evade the law that prohibits transactions in criminally derivedproperty either by commingling criminal proceeds with clean money or by structuringtransactions to evade the $10,000 statutory threshold.
    • Modernizing the prohibitions against illegal money services businesses, entities used to sendcriminal proceeds and other funds abroad to facilitate criminal activity.
    • Restoring the effectiveness of the concealment money laundering statute as a tool to combatthe transportation of crime proceeds across the border by clarifying that a defendant need notknow the purpose and plan behind the transportation.
    • Allowing the government to apply for a restraining order to temporarily freeze the bankaccounts of defendants arrested for offenses involving the movement of funds in or out of theUnited States.
    • Ensuring that money laundering laws apply to hawalas and other informal value transfersystems used by drug traffickers and terrorists.• Restoring wiretapping authority to investigate currency reporting, bulk cash smuggling,illegal money services businesses, and counterfeiting offenses.
    • Establishing a new money laundering violation that prohibits the transfer funds into or out ofthe United States with the intent to violate U.S. income tax laws.
    • Updating counterfeiting laws to prohibit state-of-the-art counterfeiting methods.
    • Revising anti-money laundering requirements to include prepaid access devices, such asstored value cards, which are effective mediums to move funds across the border.
    • Strengthening existing laws that allow U.S. law enforcement to obtain foreign bank recordsby subpoenaing banks in the United States with which the foreign bank has a correspondentaccount.
    • Filling gaps in the law by creating two new offenses that criminalize knowingly concealing,falsifying or misrepresenting important information concerning ownership or control of anaccount or assets held in an account, to a financial institution.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Anyone buying and selling as the $ goes up and down daily? I'm just in ETH for the long haul.....
    dont think they would last more then a couple of days maybe hours.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave biggie12 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Is BC not 100% anonymous....you just buy it from a ATM with a burner phone and load it into an online account....that's as anonymous as it gets right?

biggie12

Is BC not 100% anonymous....you just buy it from a ATM with a burner phone and load it into an online account....that's as anonymous as it gets right?

No its not 100% anonymous. short answer
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave biggie12 11 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave biggie12 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Thanks--I thought I was....I'll have to do some reading--

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

nxt and ardr work together so if your going to buy one i would look inti the other

Sam Odom

there's a co$t in being anonymous with btc

but can be done

PaperTrail07

So the multirate signature bulks it into a single transaction....I see I see....

PaperTrail07

The transaction can still be traced somewhat---
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    there's a co$t in being anonymous with btc

but can be done

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

The transaction can still be traced somewhat---
    not if you go through tor on the darknet there is a currency coming out that is completely anonymous

Sam Odom

Big Brother can get you no matter what if they really want to regardless

but if one wants to sports gamble anonymously it can be done to a 99% certainty
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Sam Odom 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Didn't think of that.... Zcash is--
    Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    not if you go through tor on the darknet there is a currency coming out that is completely anonymous

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post

N.S.A. operates darknet (see post 32)

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

The Federal Reserve will eventually crush bitcoin
    governments have to protect their currencies
    right now it's still an infatuation and ppl like it for all the wrong reasons.
    they are all, by definition, worthless and non-existent.

of course it may go to 10,000 before being taken out but eventually
    there can be no future for currencies that are not backed by a govt.

For some reason they are allowing it to happen right now and I surmise
    that is because they want a cashless society where everyone is tracked.
    Last edited by Snowball; 06-15-17 at 04:05 PM.

1234 ... Last