firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Thanks for the info and advice. So basically... it's sort of worthless keeping the BTC at an exchange? We're not going to gain anything extra from this?
    exactly my question from this.... is it even worth moving our BTC to an exchange just to get some bt2x??

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Thanks for the info and advice. So basically... it's sort of worthless keeping the BTC at an exchange? We're not going to gain anything extra from this?
    I'm keeping mine in wallets where I control the private keys just in case. Blockchain.info works.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    I'm keeping mine in wallets where I control the private keys just in case. Blockchain.info works.
    I wish I knew how all of that worked? I quickly looked at a video at youtube... and I got confused. I just threw all of my coins at Bittrex... an hour ago... all confirmed. If they give me something... great... if they don't... not the end of the world.

Raiders I couldn't believe it.... Gemini paid $34.02 in fees moments ago to move it for me... unreal. They didn't even charge me. lol I'm sure these free transactions won't last long.

firekillex

I wish I knew how all of that worked? I quickly looked at a video at youtube... and I got confused. I just threw all of my coins at Bittrex... an hour ago... all confirmed. If they give me something... great... if they don't... not the end of the world.

Raiders I couldn't believe it.... Gemini paid $34.02 in fees moments ago to move it for me... unreal. They didn't even charge me. lol I'm sure these free transactions won't last long.
    thats the main reason i do not want to move all my btc over to coinbase or bittrex ... i dont want to catch a fee and the fork doesnt even happen or get coins to be profitable ugh so confusing here

raiders72001

Nice!

firekillex

everything im reading on the bitcoin forums , saying it is NOT worth transfering your BTC over to exchanges

puckk
    puckk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 341

https://www.facebook.com/cnbccrypto/videos/1540661269350447/

Bitcoin hits $13000 on Zimbabwe exchange - CNNMoney

money.cnn.com/2017/11/16/investing/bitcoin-zimbabwe-price/index.html
    23 hours ago - Demand surged on Golix, which appears to be the only local Bitcoin exchange, after military leaders put 93-year-old leader Robert Mugabe ...
    Last edited by puckk; 11-17-17 at 08:09 AM.

TheMoneyShot

So what exactly happened last night? Was it a fork?

raiders72001

Bitcoin Classic shut down. They think BCH will be BTC within 6 months.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 11-17-17 at 05:39 PM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Bitcoin Classic is shutting down. They thing BCH will be BTC within 6 months.
    oh my.....

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Raiders, what are your thoughts on Vertcoin (VTC)?

TheMoneyShot

Bitcoin Classic shut down. They think BCH will be BTC within 6 months.
    Great post and info Raiders. I don't really quite understand why people just shut down for? If Bitcoin Classic is a company or a team... wouldn't you just rather adjust? Kind of odd a team just gives up?

A lot of bitcoin websites I've been discovering lately... some of these journalists who write these stories... I question their credibility. There's typically more reasons why a team and/or company is dismantled.

I'm just going to set an emergency sell off price in my head.... if it hits... I'm selling off everything. Probably never going to get back in.

Rather sit on every coin for the future.... very long term future. If it hits... you win. If it tanks... you lose. It's a part of life.

A friend of mine is a long time stock broker. He's been doing it ever since he was 18 years old. He's 40 years old now... has his own small firm in Michigan now. One piece of information he told me... they have the resources and knowledge the public doesn't have. And even though we're good friends... he would never tell me any other secrets. Naturally, a person with that kind of info would make better moves. As for someone like myself.... you pick something and sit on it... and pray you made the right move.

I think it's the same thing with these crypto coins... some people have the resources that the public doesn't have....

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Right now Bitcoin is down to $7600 after pushing $8k earlier in the day, probably a lot of people collecting their profits causing a sell off.

Reflecting on the past couple of weeks; personally, I'm starting to get tired of this pissing match between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash (who now seem to be the proxy representing the 2x supporters who are pissed at Core). You have Core who seem to have this "my way or the highway" attitude being so resistant to change no matter how much it's hurting the coin (like the extreme backlog we just had) and on the other side we have a group that acts half like a scorned ex that will stop at nothing to get back at their former lover; and half like carnival barkers trying to sell you a product with no proven track record and their legitimacy being further questioned with that pump to $2k before dropping in half just as fast.

I sold my holdings in Bitcoin at $7200 and have no regrets so far even though I could've made a little more profit. Most what I have left is in Ether and can convert to Litecoin if needed to deposit into a couple books I like if I need to without the long wait and high fees. Once I see Bitcoin starting to have some stability (at least in the Crypto-political landscape) I'll probably get back in, but there's too much hostility going on over what seem to be ideological/political issues to make me have faith in it right now. I don't know if my move is the best investment decision, but I feel a lot better performing this "protest" against Core and Cash who are going to possibly end up burning a lot of people in the end.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 11-17-17 at 06:38 PM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Right now Bitcoin is down to $7600 after pushing $8k earlier in the day, probably a lot of people collecting their profits causing a sell off.

Reflecting on the past couple of weeks; personally, I'm starting to get tired of this pissing match between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash (who now seem to be the proxy representing the 2x supporters who are pissed at Core). You have Core who seem to have this "my way or the highway" attitude being so resistant to change no matter how much it's hurting the coin (like the extreme backlog we just had) and on the other side we have a group that acts half like a scorned ex that will stop at nothing to get back at their former lover; and half like carnival barkers trying to sell you a product with no proven track record and their legitimacy being further questioned with that pump to $2k before dropping in half just as fast.

I sold my holdings in Bitcoin at $7200 and have no regrets so far even though I could've made a little more profit. Most what I have left is in Ether and can convert to Litecoin if needed to deposit into a couple books I like if I need to without the long wait and high fees. Once I see Bitcoin starting to have some stability (at least in the Crypto-political landscape) I'll probably get back in, but there's too much hostility going on over what seem to be ideological/political issues to make me have faith in it right now. I don't know if my move is the best investment decision, but I feel a lot better performing this "protest" against Core and Cash who are going to possibly end up burning a lot of people in the end.
    what books accept LTC?

mrpapageorgio

BetOnline and Bookmaker off the top of my head.

Edit: Looks like both will also take ETH as a deposit currency and will allow you to withdraw in both LTC and ETH. I knew for awhile BetOnline took LTC, but ETH seems to be recent and it was announced on here awhile ago Bookmaker was going to accept around 100 currencies/tokens including those 2.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 11-17-17 at 07:13 PM.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    BetOnline and Bookmaker off the top of my head.

Edit: Looks like both will also take ETH as a deposit currency and will allow you to withdraw in both LTC and ETH. I knew for awhile BetOnline took LTC, but ETH seems to be recent and it was announced on here awhile ago Bookmaker was going to accept around 100 currencies/tokens including those 2.
    add Betcoin to those taking LTC, ETH and BCH.

mrpapageorgio

add Betcoin to those taking LTC, ETH and BCH.
    Maybe SBR should compile a list of Books that accept cryptos besides Bitcoin.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Raiders, what are your thoughts on Vertcoin (VTC)?

VTC is a great coin that flew under the radar because there wasn't a ton of publicity. They were ahead of the game implementing SegWit, Lightning and Atomic swaps. It's GPU mining keeping it on our hands instead of big mining pools. I think we missed the boat the first time around
    . Keep an eye on the volume since there could be another round but the volume is too low right now.

raiders72001

Pump on NEO. It has to be false but there's a rumor that China will allow ICOs but only on NEO.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

If anybody here missed out on bitconnect and want real money potential. Check out salt.or just continue mining and increasing hashing power. Be sure to save your ctptocurrencies in offline hardware wallets so you are not tempted to spend.

Unwritten Law

Demonata, very good advice to keep valuable cryptos in offline wallets since it is indeed very tempting to exchange or sometimes sell. On another note, I'm also into SALT, have acquired some on Jaxx wallet via built in shapeshift. It was selling for as high as $25 each in the last batch of ICOs, if I remember correctly. I figured when it lauched onto the exchanges, I would wait it out and see if prices were reasonable to buy in second hand. Was able to get some for a fairly decent price between 2.75-3.25 range. With time and development, it should increase in value in the near future.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Unwritten Law 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

my only concern right now is cme allowed to mess with bitcoin, they will mess with this like they do to gold , paper trading and no physical delivery is penetrating dangerous

Unwritten Law

VTC is a great coin that flew under the radar because there wasn't a ton of publicity. They were ahead of the game implementing SegWit, Lightning and Atomic swaps. It's GPU mining keeping it on our hands instead of big mining pools. I think we missed the boat the first time around. Keep an eye on the volume since there could be another round but the volume is too low right now.
    I had my eyes set on VTC when it was roughly in the 30 cent era. Now it's skyrocketed and hovering in the $4 - 4.50 range at the moment. I see it has the exact same maximum supply as Litecoin (84M) with very similar qualities, but it is ASIC resistant, as you mentioned it is considered the "People's Coin" and not manipulated by huge mining rigs and pools.

The halving is projected to occur on 12 December and block reward will be reduced to 25. Hopefully 2018 will be the year of VTC and cryptos in general. I feel the potential can replicate some of the success LTC was able to enjoy, will take some time but perhaps eclipsing the double digit mark will be huge signs to come.

mrpapageorgio

Pump on NEO. It has to be false but there's a rumor that China will allow ICOs but only on NEO.
    Well they do say, "buy on rumor, sell on news".

firekillex

been holding my NEO for a while... happy to finally see it north of $40 again
    highly considering selling half my NEO just in case it drops again with some bad china news, but i still think it could hit $100 one day so im torn on this

anybody have any thoughts on NEO ?? i bought in at $8 when it was antshares or ant whatever it was called haha

IAG
    No good deed goes unpunished
    IAG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    been holding my NEO for a while... happy to finally see it north of $40 again
    highly considering selling half my NEO just in case it drops again with some bad china news, but i still think it could hit $100 one day so im torn on this

anybody have any thoughts on NEO ?? i bought in at $8 when it was antshares or ant whatever it was called haha
    Ha I also had at $8 also before the rebranding, but sold. Have had some as NEO for a while but bought a LOT more at about 40 yesterday afternoon. There was a big conference/ presentation in Shanghai today, which probably helped price, along with a big contest going for decentralized apps on their platform that is bringing some attention. Their Twitter has a post in Chinese that has been translated to hint at some news coming in next few days..

Been getting some info from this guy, but I haven’t been watching him long, so no idea if his track record.

https://youtu.be/tBCnu8LuLmc

I am hoping I have the strength to hold, getting a bit nervous as is down after high of 48 + today. Hoping China bumps overnight again. If it gets back to 45 I’m probably going to sell off a little. If the rumors about China loosening up on ICOS have any legs, will be big. So basically I’m wondering what to do like you. I’m hopeful, but so hard to know.
    Last edited by IAG; 11-18-17 at 04:53 PM.

firekillex

reading some solid things on some other forums.... most people saying hold because the market cap is going up.. and supposedly China will legalize NEO , people thinking NEO will be the new Chinese Ethereum, realistically we bought in at $8 so even if it drops were profitable , im leaning towards holding now because id be super pissed if it got to $100 by early 2018 and missed out on 10x+ profits, tough to hold because weve seen it reach $50 before then drop all the way to $20 but i really like the tech and team behind this coin , so i might just go with my gut and trust the process

raiders72001

China is coming out with an announcement Monday on NEO. NEO will be on a wild ride when the news is official.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 11-18-17 at 07:49 PM.

firekillex

China is coming out with an announcement Monday on NEO. NEO will be on a wild ride when the news is official.
    if it hits $100 ill sell half my NEO at that point , get my profits and hold the other half to see if it can take off like ETH
    hopefully some good news upcoming though , fingers crossed

IAG

Hey Raiders...can you link to something about announcement by China? All I have seen is the reference by Neo to them (NEO) announcing some things over the span of the three days following the Shanghai event. I think tomorrow is the third day. NEO often criticized for their tendency to over-hype.

Considering reducing position some, although China seems to always pump it up a bit over night. Had a great day on BTC, but day’s profit swallowed up by NEO losses.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by IAG View Post
    Hey Raiders...can you link to something about announcement by China? All I have seen is the reference by Neo to them (NEO) announcing some things over the span of the three days following the Shanghai event. I think tomorrow is the third day. NEO often criticized for their tendency to over-hype.

Considering reducing position some, although China seems to always pump it up a bit over night. Had a great day on BTC, but day’s profit swallowed up by NEO losses.
    Nothing official yet but here are some points:

However, not all traders are optimistic. Some believe that this is a common pump and that now is the time to take profits and, at least in part, out of this asset:Also users of social networks are actively discussing the screenshot, which says:

• added to the Bittrex exchange tokens GAS (represented as “fuel” to implement the recursive control of the network NEO);
    • add NEO to the stock exchange Bithumb on Tuesday or Thursday;
    • that China will allow the ICO on the basis of the blockchain NEO;
    • the fact that the Chinese authorities will prohibit mining bitcoins, but will allow mining and the Bitcoin NEO Cash (BCH);
    • the Chinese government will allocate grants to developers of solutions based on block-NEO;
    • the Chinese authorities motivated by the South Korean developers of applications based on Ethereum go to NEO.
    http://cryptoconsulting.info/2017/ne...hange-bithumb/

raiders72001

Powr
    australian government awards grant to $8 million blockchain energy project
    australian-based solar startup power ledger, among others, is to receive au$8.25 million in funding from the australian government for a cutting edge project using the blockchain.

according to an announcement from power ledger, the australia government revealed today that it is to provide $2.57 million in funding for a cutting-edge project in the city of fremantle, in western australia. An additional $5.68 million will be funded through project partners including curtin university, murdoch university, curtin institute of computation, landcorp, csiro/data61, cisco and power ledger.

the project is testing the blockchain to determine how cities can use the technology and data analytics to integrate distributed energy and water systems. Power ledger state that the trial will involve low-carbon and low-cost systems that will be installed and connected using the distributed ledger, adding:
    $34 million: Australian blockchain startup power ledger completes ico

IAG

Nothing official yet but here are some points:

http://cryptoconsulting.info/2017/ne...hange-bithumb/

I dont buy any of that related to China. The exchange stuff is likely, but I isn’t think there is any big news. Dumped 100 NEO at 42.50 and will dump another 100 if nothing today. Will hold rest long term.
    Last edited by IAG; 11-20-17 at 06:05 AM.

IAG

Powr

LOVE me some Power Ledger!!

I posted POWR across the street the other day in the Wallet thread, and tweeted about it yesterday afternoon!!! Love this one!! Got 7600 at .23 and another another 5700 at .40.

Needless to say it has absolutely killed it. There is a local news video on it (Australia) on youtube and it was picked as pick of the month for Sept by you tuber Suppoman which put it on my Radar.

https://youtu.be/DFcupCA4L-Q. He’s annoying, but puts out some decent content occasionally.

I may have to take some profits on this one, but will research more before doing so.

Convinced a fellow postr to buy buy last night at .47. He wanted to wait til this morning and I basicallly strongarmed him into doing so last night...so glad I did...made 20 percent in his sleep! Looks like it has dropped .04 since I woke up...better cash some while the getting still good!
    Last edited by IAG; 11-20-17 at 06:09 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by IAG View Post
    LOVE me some Power Ledger!!

I posted POWR across the street the other day in the Wallet thread, and tweeted about it yesterday afternoon!!! Love this one!! Got 7600 at .23 and another another 5700 at .40.

Needless to say it has absolutely killed it. There is a local news video on it (Australia) on youtube and it was picked as pick of the month for Sept by you tuber Suppoman which put it on my Radar.

https://youtu.be/DFcupCA4L-Q. He’s annoying, but puts out some decent content occasionally.

I may have to take some profits on this one, but will research more before doing so.

Convinced a fellow postr to buy buy last night at .47. He wanted to wait til this morning and I basicallly strongarmed him into doing so last night...so glad I did...made 20 percent in his sleep! Looks like it has dropped .04 since I woke up...better cash some while the getting still good!
    Hi IAG...POWR has really taken off the past week! a buddy of mine was telling me about POWR and SALT and I meant to buy some but got sidetracked...I don'treally like buying anything after a meteoric rise so I think I'll wait for a bit of a downswing to trade for a bit of each and further diversify my portfolio...

I hope all is well with you and yours at that cesspool of a forum

First ... 27282930313233 ... Last