robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

LOl at idiots who bashed Bitcoin. Keep sitting on your couches and bashing while the rest of us make great coin. Bitcoin is the future - Long term it is just going to go up and up. You see it becoming more and more mainstream, with it being mentioned in films, tv, news, etc. I won't be surprised whatsoever to see Bitcoin past 20,000+ within a few years.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebumdude View Post
    U.S. investors banned from all the good stuff. Lol.
    yup US gets screwed on ICOS
    just gotta find an international to buy allocations off tbh

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

if anybody knows/ is looking to buy a nex round 1 allocation PM me btw

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

what happened today?

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    what happened today?
    I deposited to nitrogen sports yesterday.

Unreal. Happens whenever I'm playing on nitrogen.

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

Whales manipulate the market

cx89
    cx89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1075

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    what happened today?
    Silk Road moved 100,000 coins and dumped some onto the market.
    Last edited by cx89; 09-06-18 at 12:20 AM. Reason: be more precise
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: compaqDikk

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I keep waiting for XRP to show more strength relative to BTC, but it’s still weak.

BTC, at its lowest point after yesterday’s sell off was 13% off its week high.

XRP, after the sell off, was 21% off its week high.

Given that XRP is only 10% of its highest all time value, and BTC is still around 35% of its highest all time value - I keep expecting XRP to start to outpace BTC on daily returns but still hasn’t happened.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Wasn't XRP like $3.50 at one point. How on earth has it fallen to 30 cents? Doesn't even make sense to me.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Wasn't XRP like $3.50 at one point. How on earth has it fallen to 30 cents? Doesn't even make sense to me.
    Just like Stocks that were $100 that are now $3 in a short time.
    Happens often.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19134

I'm not a fan of XRP but I couldn't resist picking some up @ 31¢ a while back. They have a lot of stuff going on and have the inside track in a lot of ventures. Just don't see any way it won't hit $1+ again some day....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebumdude

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s all dead, volatility dead and the volume is dead

Nobody even talks about it anymore

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3415

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    I deposited to nitrogen sports yesterday.

Unreal. Happens whenever I'm playing on nitrogen.
    Always happens when I win on nitrogen. I get mad and re deposit my cashout and lose it.

lotuspod
    lotuspod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4023

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It’s all dead, volatility dead and the volume is dead

Nobody even talks about it anymore
    Way too early to judge, many of the startups have only been developing for about a year or even less. There are a lot of solid teams working on solutions from many different angles, of course many won't succeed but it's no different than anything else really. It's easy to cherry-pick info and use it to prop up a lot of broad generalizations though. Truth is nobody knows exactly where it will go, predictions are mostly meaningless and often self-serving.

One of the only things we can be sure on so far with all of these new alts is that depending on when you bought, some people got a lot better (or worse) deal on it than others. And we're only talking a very small % of people here, crypto is nowhere near mainstream adoption. It's hard to deny the long-term appeal and national attention that it has in some parts of the world though, particularly where inflation is very high. Not sure how someone could just write it off as a failure when even some countries are considering releasing their own.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspod View Post
    Way too early to judge, many of the startups have only been developing for about a year or even less. There are a lot of solid teams working on solutions from many different angles, of course many won't succeed but it's no different than anything else really. It's easy to cherry-pick info and use it to prop up a lot of broad generalizations though. Truth is nobody knows exactly where it will go, predictions are mostly meaningless and often self-serving.

One of the only things we can be sure on so far with all of these new alts is that depending on when you bought, some people got a lot better (or worse) deal on it than others. And we're only talking a very small % of people here, crypto is nowhere near mainstream adoption. It's hard to deny the long-term appeal and national attention that it has in some parts of the world though, particularly where inflation is very high. Not sure how someone could just write it off as a failure when even some countries are considering releasing their own.
    Good assessment. I've felt all along that most alt-coins will fail. Best to stick to top 3-4 for the next few years. The rest are a crapshoot.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    Good assessment. I've felt all along that most alt-coins will fail. Best to stick to top 3-4 for the next few years. The rest are a crapshoot.
    Indeed. Or find something that serves an actual purpose other than the same ol' "decentralized blah blah to move blah blah"....have an actual working product that is useful and serves a practical purpose.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Ethereum is down 31% this week. It’s getting hammered.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I’m just holding Ethereum
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post

lotuspod

That hasn't always been the best strategy either though, the top 10-20 or so can change pretty wildly just from year-to-year...main exception being btc itself. It's most certainly the gold standard of crypto, but I'm not really a maximalist by any means lol. There is a lot more serious development going on than even just a year or two ago, but it almost invariably requires wading through a ton of crap - which is why many call it gem-hunting or something similar.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspod View Post
    There is a lot more serious development going on than even just a year or two ago, but it almost invariably requires wading through a ton of crap - which is why many call it gem-hunting or something similar.
    Gem-hunting, good analogy. Very few in the world would be capable of wading through the technical stuff and be able to identify gems. But even a gem would need many, many others to agree and allow it to flourish. Very dangerous business.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2114

amazing....just when i think the bottom is here...took a sizeable stab at litecoin at $60.00. Went from 68 to 52 i a week.
    I just dont see how u.s. banks will allow any of these currencies to go up and thrive. I give up.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Points Awarded:

Ebumdude gave Chi_archie 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lotuspod

Gem-hunting, good analogy. Very few in the world would be capable of wading through the technical stuff and be able to identify gems. But even a gem would need many, many others to agree and allow it to flourish. Very dangerous business.
    Those who are good at it tend to have tens or even hundreds of thousands of followers on twitter and other social media, which helps to speed things up considerably...but that creates a lot of other issues in itself. Agreed it's definitely risky, but no doubt it has been lucrative so far anyway. What will come of it all is anyone's guess really but will surely be interesting to watch it all play out.

jjgold

Ether lost about 75% of value

Amazing

cx89
    cx89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1075

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I keep waiting for ADA to replace ETH. Hopefully by 2020.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    amazing....just when i think the bottom is here...took a sizeable stab at litecoin at $60.00. Went from 68 to 52 i a week.
    I just dont see how u.s. banks will allow any of these currencies to go up and thrive. I give up.
    It's definitely frustrating but may be worth the wait for those that can hold out.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19134

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    It's definitely frustrating but may be worth the wait for those that can hold out.
    ^^^This.

It's not going to be easy. Not too long ago, Litecoin was a steal @ $118. The alts have been hit hard.

There's things going on.... too much to get into without writing a book. Just remember this: the tech continues to develop (even though the markets are in a sad state).... Good crypto will still be good crypto a couple of years from now....
    Points Awarded:

Ebumdude gave Arky 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Frankford Candy@frankfordcandy

Lots of Milk Chocolate + Bitcoins = Pure happiness.

Walmart is now selling bitcoin for $1. But in a new spin on the volatile and ever-changing world of cryptocurrency, this digital currency is made of chocolate.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by cx89 View Post
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave bigtymer56 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lotuspod

A spreadsheet is worth a thousand words...ICO Returns 2014-2018 -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1772156349

Enjoy!

jjgold

Everybody gave up it’s just a very stable currency nowl very very little volatility

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    ^^^This.

It's not going to be easy. Not too long ago, Litecoin was a steal @ $118. The alts have been hit hard.

There's things going on.... too much to get into without writing a book. Just remember this: the tech continues to develop (even though the markets are in a sad state).... Good crypto will still be good crypto a couple of years from now....
    My concern is that crypto needs more people to grow in price. The last time people hurried and grabbed crypto, it crashed a couple weeks later, and that crash is on month 8 or so. People aren't in a hurry to get back after seeing its volatility. I think if you're holding (which I am) it's going to be at least a year before real gains are seen. I look around and people still have high hopes of a bull run by the end of the year, I just don't see it.
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave slambam 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

CBOE futures closing sept 19th
    mt gox creditors meeting sept 26th
    vaneck BTC ETF decision sept 30th
    plus low volatility and low volume
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebumdude

Vadym
    Vadym's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by cx89 View Post
    In case someone don't know russian, the text of the song is very close to this subtitles ))

First ... 209210211212213214215 ... Last