Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Opti/MPS:

Good info in here. Keep it coming.

How quickly is the Merchant list growing? I think this # has to be going up at a constant rate for BtC to work.

FWIW, I've used it on occasion. Places like Overstock.com and Amazon.com will take it. It's nice, but it has become more available.
    With it being integrated into regular debit card solutions, like BitPay, the need to have end user merchants changing systems to accept bitcoin isn't as vital as many of us had been thinking.

Once it becomes a bit more seamless regular people wont care if their card uses bitcoin, dollars or something else. They'll just choose a crypto one because it's cheaper or someone they do business with asked them to take payments that way.

Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13324

Made my first withdrawal request on Bittrex on the 18th and still haven't received in wallet. Is this common with them? I was hoping for at least same day withdrawal turn time.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    Made my first withdrawal request on Bittrex on the 18th and still haven't received in wallet. Is this common with them? I was hoping for at least same day withdrawal turn time.
    hmm thats weird ive withdrawn multiple times and it went same day
    Points Awarded:

Chief Wahoo gave firekillex 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13324

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    hmm thats weird ive withdrawn multiple times and it went same day
    Thanks for the reply fire. Appreciate your input as I was curious and now I know something must be up so I sent an email.

firekillex

Thanks for the reply fire. Appreciate your input as I was curious and now I know something must be up so I sent an email.
    yup definitely send an email, i know bittrex is a very solid site and will respond unlike coinbase lol
    i actually deposited LTC and exchanged for some bitcoin today and then sent back to my wallet and it all took around an hour with pending deposits and withdrawls but that was like 3 steps .... im sure theyll respond with an email, or youll get withdrawn by tomorrow??? or maybe you should check out your security sometimes theres a limit what you can withdraw so you gotta verify some info ( happened to me with NEO )

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Hey, Raiders, I know you're a momentum trader. One of my coins, Monero (XMR), is up 60% this morning on a rumor it's to be listed on Bithumb, SK's largest exchange.

If the rumor's confirmed, there might be some upside potential for a momentum trader, but if the rumor turns out to be false, there'll definitely be lots of downside profits to be made. (Heh, no worries for rooting against my coin; I'm a pro).

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    I think the new weedcoin will have great potential. Just need to figure out how I can acquire it.
    Well, maybe, but there's lots of weed buying coins already circulating. You can buy Potcoin (POT), CannabisCoin (CANN), and DopeCoin (DOPE) at https://bittrex.com/

If it were me, I'd be sure I could finish the following sentence before buying any WEED: "Weed Coin is better than the other marijuana facing coins because.........."

MeanPeopleSuck

No, Bittrex is super fast, usually within an hour.

Log in to your Bittrex account. Click "Wallets." Under the "Pending Withdrawals" section, click on the number of your withdrawal and it'll give you more information. Bittrex requires a confirmation email to be returned to it before it processes withdrawals, so it might be as simple as finding (maybe in a Spam folder) and returning that email.
    Points Awarded:

Chief Wahoo gave MeanPeopleSuck 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I have a feeling the $4,000 days are over. Whoever got out around $4,300 - $4,500 consider it a blessing.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Who really knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

I have a feeling the $4,000 days are over. Whoever got out around $4,300 - $4,500 consider it a blessing.

Heard the same from knowledgeable people when btc 1st hit 500 and 1000 ect

Got out with some at 4100 ... just waiting for a nice correction to buy back

MeanPeopleSuck

Opti/MPS:

Good info in here. Keep it coming.

How quickly is the Merchant list growing? I think this # has to be going up at a constant rate for BtC to work.

FWIW, I've used it on occasion. Places like Overstock.com and Amazon.com will take it. It's nice, but it has become more available.
    1. Heh, ChuckyTheGoat is an outstanding screen name. Hat tip!

2. I second Opti's comments: the best way forward right now is probably debit cards like Bitpay. (If you don't have a card from https://bitpay.com/card, I highly recommend it. For ten bucks they'll send you a V I S A debit card that you can transfer BTC onto, in the form of dollars, in just a couple minutes from any phone. Then you can use the card anywhere, just like a regular debit card, or withdraw from an ATM - your choice. I use mine literally every day.)

3. Retailers' slow adoption of BTC at 'points of sale' is understandable because their objection's a good one: the blockchain's too slow to get that first confirmation, so they either have to make the customer wait 10 mins or whatever for a confirmation or they take the risk on zero confirmations that they might get ripped off.

4. On the upside, the "Retail Problem" has lots of brilliant crypto minds working on it. Most solutions envision a near instantaneous "express confirmations" lane for retailers only (although this conflicts with "Satoshi Nakomoto's" original conception, so there's a political fight brewing -- what's new, right?). If we can knock that first confirmation time down to a few seconds, I think we'd get an avalanche of retailers onboard because BTC is free to them (cc's aren't) and there's no chargebacks (with cc's there are).

5. The timing of your question's excellent, though, cuz FWIW, the first potential fix goes live in the next few weeks: the Lightning Network. I don't know the tech specs and I dk if it'll work, but even if it flops, it's reassuring to know a bunch of other folks are working on alternative fixes.

6. (Sorry about the long post; it kind of got away from me) On a personal note, I've always believed BTC can be a full replacement for credit/debit cards. The two largest cc companies alone have a combined market cap of about $600 billion. Compared to that, Bitcoin's $65 billion is really just a good start.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave MeanPeopleSuck 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Who really knows ?

Heard the same from knowledgeable people when btc 1st hit 500 and 1000 ect

Got out with some at 4100 ... just waiting for a nice correction to buy back
    In bitcoin time it's been really long since the last crash; I'd say we're due for one.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    Hey, Raiders, I know you're a momentum trader. One of my coins, Monero (XMR), is up 60% this morning on a rumor it's to be listed on Bithumb, SK's largest exchange.

If the rumor's confirmed, there might be some upside potential for a momentum trader, but if the rumor turns out to be false, there'll definitely be lots of downside profits to be made. (Heh, no worries for rooting against my coin; I'm a pro).
    nice to see Monero and Ethereum make a nice jump yesterday and this morning

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Good stuff, MPS. I'm not a real hi-tech guy.

Good to know my thinking is in the right line. I like Bitcoin, I just think there need to be some modifications for it to take off.

I've watched a lot of videos. I'm more than 50/50 that Wright = Satoshi. He knows too much.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I've watched a lot of videos. I'm more than 50/50 that Wright = Satoshi. He knows too much.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Is worth my time it to by a few hundred dollars worth of Ripple and sit on it for the next 5 to 10 year? Looking for the next Bitcoin explosion, but I wanna buy something dirt cheap.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Is worth my time it to by a few hundred dollars worth of Ripple and sit on it for the next 5 to 10 year? Looking for the next Bitcoin explosion, but I wanna buy something dirt cheap.
    nobody can tell you the future for 5-10 years from now bro
    but imo id invest that money into IOTA it has a very bright future in the next 3-5 years imo

goodluck and do your research.. and never invest what you cannot lose in the end

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

I personally think ethereum will get bigger than bitcoin. The applications and more options the currency has to grow technically should make it pass bitcoin.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

I second the IOTA suggestion. The "Tangle" has the potential to be huge. Ripple is also a good option. I am invested in both.
    MPS or Raiders, do you know why Ripple jumped 20% today?

ace7550

10 years from now??? Way to far away to predict. Way too many variables. I can tell you that 10 years ago someone bought a pizza for 10,000 btc...
    http://www.businessinsider.com/bitco...million-2017-5

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15306

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    I second the IOTA suggestion. The "Tangle" has the potential to be huge. Ripple is also a good option. I am invested in both.
    MPS or Raiders, do you know why Ripple jumped 20% today?
    Korea. 46% of the Ripple trade is coming out of Korea.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post

Sorry - Been away for a while. Took a little road trip for totality. I'm not sure how much longer it will last but I'm riding the Ripple wave. Keep posting news that comes out.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Korea. 46% of the Ripple trade is coming out of Korea.
    now at 76%

raiders72001

Like ETH with hard fork in Sept.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

now at 76%
    Any chance of another pump and dump or do you think the hype is real this time for Ripple? The kids on Reddit are talking lambo money from a 200 investment if it goes from 17 to 40 so that always makes me take pause.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

ThesideBet i got in at 17 cents on ripple.

Im just hoping to triple that before 2nd q of 2018.

Lambo money not happening.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    ThesideBet i got in at 17 cents on ripple.

Im just hoping to triple that before 2nd q of 2018.

Lambo money not happening.
    I like what they are doing but still a year off I think. Their product for banking not so much coin value is where they are strong. I dipped in and out this week. Think it's all marketing leading up to their conference but I might be wrong.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Any chance of another pump and dump or do you think the hype is real this time for Ripple? The kids on Reddit are talking lambo money from a 200 investment if it goes from 17 to 40 so that always makes me take pause.
    I could be 100% wrong. It's now on a downward slide and I'm selling. Ripple has a history of big swings.

ace7550

bought xrp at .15 and sold at .28. Would like to rebuy around .22.

raiders72001

SegWit should activate tomorrow.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    bought xrp at .15 and sold at .28. Would like to rebuy around .22.
    nice move.

raiders72001

Looks like I got a little lucky here as Ripple is really falling.

TheSideBet

Looks like I got a little lucky here as Ripple is really falling.

Yea that Korean volume lifted it plus the hypers but so far with no major announcement as advertised once the volume died off it's just waiting to freewill I think.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

ripple gonna buy me a lambo one day

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-1-18-MR-C...UAAOSwBahVSNJ0

LOL

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    ripple gonna buy me a lambo one day

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-1-18-MR-C...UAAOSwBahVSNJ0

LOL