Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I hope you’re right. I’m in it to win it

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Think it may be a good time to buy out of some positions and have money ready for the inevitable dip coming this week. Not sure what I want to liquidate though
    What is this inevitable dip you mention? Aren’t we in a dip right now?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

It's a good idea to always have your usd wallet loaded, plus some amount in btc at your exchanges. This gives you options as the market moves. No need to buy out of any positions to do this

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    It's a good idea to always have your usd wallet loaded, plus some amount in btc at your exchanges. This gives you options as the market moves. No need to buy out of any positions to do this
    Yep, unfortunately I use Coinbase and bank deposits take 7 days to go through and my CC limit is shit (like $750)

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    What is this inevitable dip you mention? Aren’t we in a dip right now?
    We are but lot of speculation that we'll dip to 8K or so before we start rolling towards 20K again

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    We are but lot of speculation that we'll dip to 8K or so before we start rolling towards 20K again
    So if we get to $20k, why worry about $8k??? Why are you trying to time the market? Why not just chill??? If you don't believe it will get to $20k then you might as well sell and get out. Trying to speculate a very speculative market is damn near impossible.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

always great to lose all your ARK because its saying passphrase wrong even though you 100% guarantee wrote it down correctly

great day of crypto for me losing over 5% of my portfolio for no reason

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    So if we get to $20k, why worry about $8k??? Why are you trying to time the market? Why not just chill??? If you don't believe it will get to $20k then you might as well sell and get out. Trying to speculate a very speculative market is damn near impossible.
    Mac, you ask those questions, but I doubt you personally are looking for any answer that applies to your long-term hold philosophy.

Here tho, a sports analogy (a clunky one). This site is primarily for people who like to predict the outcome of sporting events. We attempt to succeed in that endeavor by picking spots. Are we always right every single game, no? But at the same time, we don't pick the White Sox, for example, to win EVERY DAY they play a game. There are days when the White Sox will win and are a good pick.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I'm going to ask a stupid question.

What is the reason for the four major coins (Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Ethereum and Litecoin) to keep moving up and down in unison the way it does now? Even when Ethereum jumped it was going in the same direction of the other coins. There's no real differential at all anymore.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

What is the reason for the four major coins (Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Ethereum and Litecoin) to keep moving up and down in unison the way it does now? Even when Ethereum jumped it was going in the same direction of the other coins. There's no real differential at all anymore.
    Price manipulation. In the old days BTC and LTC moved together. There was an anti-correlation between BTC and ETH. Ripple was a wild card. There were reasons for price movements and you had to do your homework with all coins.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Anyone invest into paccoin or am i the only idiot holding 200 million coins.
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave biggie12 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

Posed the same question a week or so ago and got one uneducated answer. Just figure with this dip, money is getting taken in and pulled out at same time. The alts were moving with btc for a while, some have went off on their own but nothing really making major runs on their own. Problem with getting a real answer on this thread anymore is we have a bunch of two week olds into crypto that love to share their opinion with nothing backing it other than that’s what they think at that time, that don’t understand you have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Good luck.
    Points Awarded:

Bluehorseshoe gave ans61201 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

The 17 seaweeds that post 20x per day have scared the sharps like Shock and JP away 😭😭😭😭

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

just wait until quikcoin launches!!!!!!!!!! gonna make a killing on this bad boy

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

EOS ...

1) About an hour ago ... https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...S-IO-Fund.html

2) F2Pool one of largest Ethereum miners bought $3.1 million EOS tokens

And last week Eric Schmidt's VC fund partnered with EOS.

-

If there is a coin to stick in the bank for a few years ... this could be it.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    EOS ...

-

Why is it the only coin in red right now?

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    EOS ...

-

I think you're right about EOS but ADA is the best smart contract coin.

ADA
    EOS
    NEO
    ETH

are my favorites.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    just wait until quikcoin launches!!!!!!!!!! gonna make a killing on this bad boy
    what the indian exchange quikcoin?

what u talking about willis
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave biggie12 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Price manipulation. In the old days BTC and LTC moved together. There was an anti-correlation between BTC and ETH. Ripple was a wild card. There were reasons for price movements and you had to do your homework with all coins.
    That's the only thing that made sense and is worrisome.

I would think at some point Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash would go in opposite directions.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Why is it the only coin in red right now?
    If my interest in this coin (do not own, for the record) would be to bank it for a few years because of who is involved ... then my interest in how it trades this afternoon vs. the rest of the crypto is nil.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

I'm seeing a bunch of alt coins in the green right now but the prices aren't that great. It's like they are all waiting on BTC and ETH to pick it up.....

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Looking at getting involved and just investing a little per week on a coin. I'll be reading this thread and some of the others on the subject. What should I get into? Any up and coming coins? I could be missing a thread where that's discussed, if so, sorry!

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

Just saw someone selling 300 ETH coins for $1000 ($300,000 total) on GDAX. I get gaming the system - buy low, sell high - but really, $1000? Given the fluctuations of ETH in the past few days, why bother? Shouldn't be too hard to wait on a better selling point....

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Just saw someone selling 300 ETH coins for $1000 ($300,000 total) on GDAX. I get gaming the system - buy low, sell high - but really, $1000? Given the fluctuations of ETH in the past few days, why bother? Shouldn't be too hard to wait on a better selling point....
    Day traders

raiders72001

IOST - privately funded with no ICO. https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@...services-token

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Mac, you ask those questions, but I doubt you personally are looking for any answer that applies to your long-term hold philosophy.
    Here tho, a sports analogy (a clunky one). This site is primarily for people who like to predict the outcome of sporting events. We attempt to succeed in that endeavor by picking spots. Are we always right every single game, no? But at the same time, we don't pick the White Sox, for example, to win EVERY DAY they play a game. There are days when the White Sox will win and are a good pick.
    If you believe in the future of crypto, wouldn't it make sense to hold long term? The White Sox won't win every day but if you thought they were a solid pick, why would you try and chase? I'm seeing people in this forum talk about trading crypto day in/day out but they don't even have a clue what drives the market. That is not a good recipe for success. I say to them, buy and hold long term or don't waste your time. The Stock Market would be a much better investment.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    If you believe in the future of crypto, wouldn't it make sense to hold long term? The White Sox won't win every day but if you thought they were a solid pick, why would you try and chase? I'm seeing people in this forum talk about trading crypto day in/day out but they don't even have a clue what drives the market. That is not a good recipe for success. I say to them, buy and hold long term or don't waste your time. The Stock Market would be a much better investment.
    Buy and hold or swing trade. The same pattern seems to happen every day. Buy in red and sell in green.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave jayc88 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Buy and hold or swing trade. The same pattern seems to happen every day. Buy in red and sell in green.
    Crypto does seem to move like clockwork but the one day I swing trade is the day it does the opposite. Not really worth the effort for me. I'm not interested in trying to time pump and dump schemes either. Great way to get fukked.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

There should be one more hard dip on the 26th before CME futures expire, then shoots up hard. Tend to believe this, but we'll see. I will load up if it hits around 9K again.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...th-of-January/

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Facebook coin and blockchain would be good for bloggers.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Long time lurker on this thread, getting into investing in some of the lesser known coins. Great info on here!

Anyone heard of Telcoin (TEL)? I believe its only available on Kucoin, just launched last week...but it seems like it has some potential. Good white paper and use-case, interesting team (aside from a dumb rap style youtube music video) and best of all its trading at around 55 Sat right now (very cheap)...if this coin gets some traction it could be very interesting.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Anyone invest into paccoin or am i the only idiot holding 200 million coins.
    When the market cap goes past 600 million. I would start selling all of it.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

IOST - privately funded with no ICO. https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@...services-token
    Everytime a coin gets added to Binance the coin skyrockets in value. That's what happened with IOST.
    RaiBlocks should get on Binance soon in a month.
    https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us...2-New-Listings

TPowell

XBY was rumored to be going on Binance and it ended up not going. Down 17% this week due to it. I'm thinking of hopping on and riding it out though

First ... 170171172173174175176 ... Last