jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You have to be a real sucker to trade big money with coins

Hackers dream

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

hands down j j is the biggest after the facts guy around lmao...

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1264

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You have to be a real sucker to trade big money with coins

Hackers dream
    STOP penetrating posting in here. You have no clue with a cold wallet u have a better chance of getting your banking information stolen then your coins wallet.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

can you ban somebody from a thread?

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

So how does the hacker draw his money from that address? Isn't there some law that could make the ether wallet freeze those funds?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    So how does the hacker draw his money from that address? Isn't there some law that could make the ether wallet freeze those funds?
    Laws? No there are no laws to prevent this. Wallet could put a freeze on your acct, but it's a manual process that is usually gets triggered after the fact.

Once the coins hit your acct, you quickly spread them to hundreds of other addresses...and then again and again. Do this a few times and disappear.

jjgold

The coin is unregulated you can steal at will

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Bitcoin miners are signalling their intent to support a new upgrade for the bitcoin blockchain that may solve the digital currency's long-running scaling issue.Several of the largest bitcoin miners (who create new bitcoins and support the blockchain), including AntPool, BitClub, Bixin, BTC.com and BitFury, have started showing their support for bitcoin improvement proposal (BIP) 91, by adding a piece of code to each new block of bitcoins they generate.
    The miners were not expected to start coding their support for BIP 91 until July 21. Already, 66 percent of the last 144 blocks created signal support for it. The proposal needs 80 percent support to be "locked in" to the blockchain permanently. This will bring relief as it prevents the blockchain splitting into two separate chains, which would effectively create two different coins.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/18/bitco...g-problem.html
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

nice last couple of days

ethereum going nuts

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    nice last couple of days

ethereum going nuts
    tried to flip.... big mistake. Big ,big mistake

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Will ether go down with Bitcoin? or can it pass bitcoin?

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    tried to flip.... big mistake. Big ,big mistake
    stop trading it

Buy and hold currency

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    stop trading it

Buy and hold currency
    Ether up 40% the last day. My buddy told me to stay off Ether for a while. He said classic is okay but be careful with Ether. He likes Ripple and Iota. I bought Ripple but haven't even looked into Iota???

I think crypto is the wave of the future. I just keep adding BTC as I think it'll be $10k one day. I just ride the waves and buy the dips.

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

if you believe in the technology, just buy and hold for a few years, these moves do not affect you, average in slowly , trading crypto is no different than trading fx or stocks, whales will eat you up...

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Dear Coinbase Customer,

The User Activated Hard Fork (UAHF) is a proposal to increase the Bitcoin block size scheduled to activate on August 1. The UAHF is incompatible with the current Bitcoin ruleset and will create a separate blockchain. Should UAHF activate on August 1, Coinbase will not support the new blockchain or its associated coin.

The User Activated Soft Fork (UASF) is a proposal to adopt Segregated Witness on the Bitcoin blockchain and could result in network instability. It is scheduled to activate at the same time as the UAHF.

To ensure the safety of customers’ funds, we will temporarily suspend bitcoin deposits, withdrawals, and buy/sell starting approximately 4 hours before activation of either fork.

If you currently have bitcoin in your Coinbase account, and do not wish to have access to UAHF coins or have immediate access to your bitcoin, you are not required to take any action.
    If you wish to have access to UAHF coins or you wish to have immediate access to your bitcoin, you should send your bitcoin from Coinbase to your external address by July 31.

biggie12

Digging thru the Fed's Faster Payments site i uncovered the submissions for the Capability Showcase. Ripple's video has only been viewed 3K times so it's not really out there publically as the FedPayment Improvement's YouTube Channel only has 300 subs. This is very real and just riding under the radar. The Fed is taking submissions for a reason. https://fedpaymentsimprovement.org/f.../Effectiveness Criteria addressed:• U.5 Cross-border functionality• U.6 Applicability to multiple use cases• E.1 Enables competition• E.2 Capability to enable value added services• F.1 Fast approval• F.2 Fast clearing• F.3 Fast availability of funds to payee• F.4 Fast settlement among depository institutions and non-bank account providers• F.5 Prompt visibility of payment status• S.3 Payment finality• S.4 Settlement approachRipple's Submission:

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

biggie12

Eth hacked for the 2nd time this week. Over 35mill stolen this time,

Careful boys

chico2663

i keep my things in coinbase. They screw you on charges but i figure at least it is safe

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Will Alphabay getting taken down effect the prices on these currencies in anyway???

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    i keep my things in coinbase. They screw you on charges but i figure at least it is safe
    I hope so. I don't know what to do with that money yet anyway

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Ether up 40% the last day. My buddy told me to stay off Ether for a while. He said classic is okay but be careful with Ether. He likes Ripple and Iota. I bought Ripple but haven't even looked into Iota???

I think crypto is the wave of the future. I just keep adding BTC as I think it'll be $10k one day. I just ride the waves and buy the dips.
    I bought a bitcoin Friday.

I hope it doesn't go up to fast. I wanna get some more. I should have on Friday.

jjgold

Biggest concern now is THEFT/HACKERS

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Eth hacked for the 2nd time this week. Over 35mill stolen this time,

Careful boys
    ICO hack.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Will Alphabay getting taken down effect the prices on these currencies in anyway???

This happened over 10 days ago and it effected them 24 hours before they announced the suicide but dont think it effected anything other then monero and zcash for the most part, which are now the two currencies on the new dnm's

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Love this thread.

Bitcoin price on the rebound in recent days.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Love this thread.

Bitcoin price on the rebound in recent days.
    Blessing the lord I bought at the dip last week... now let bitcoin fly to the skies after this hard fork doesn't need happen AUG 1st
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

ChuckyTheGoat

Props on the score, fire. That had to be > +15%, if u timed it right.
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave ChuckyTheGoat 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chico2663

899 dollar gain on bitcoin . congrats to the whales on this site.

firekillex

everything going back up again

think well see one more drastic bitcoin dip??

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    everything going back up again

think well see one more drastic bitcoin dip??
    Look at the BTC chart the last couple of years. It could be coincidental but we are nearing what has shown to be a seasonal strong period. Last year from the 2nd week of August to Oct there was only 3 losing weeks. Ditto the year before.

This week will probably be choppy due to profit taking from the BCC split. But I think in the next few days we will be back in rally mode.
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave RoyBacon 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

RoyB:

* Do u think BitC has enuf short-term +EV to say that it's better than holding $$ in a bank?

I mean, that's not saying much. And of course, u don't want to hold all your eggs in one basket. But holding BtC has to have an EV > +2% annually.

firekillex

id rather have a % of my money sitting in BTC instead of money in the bank imo....
    but i wouldnt put more then i can lose, gotta weight risk versus reward.... your money in the bank wont disappear like BTC could but always you wont gain potentially 25%+ on your money leaving it in the bank yearly of course

ChuckyTheGoat

Right on, fire. Just can't be that bad, considering how lame rates are for CDs, saving accts etc.

And of course, u want to diversify.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Right on, fire. Just can't be that bad, considering how lame rates are for CDs, saving accts etc.

I really doubt anyone knows where BTC is going mid term. The price continues to rise due to smart speculators. Other commodities rise because use increases and or supply falls. But very little BTC is used in commerce.

That's not to discount or even discredit the move up it's making. It could go to $10k, probably will. But eventually the speculators will leave and the commercial users will take over and the run will end. IMO this is not an investment anymore than holding US dollars is not. This is a trade and a fabulous one at that. Plenty of great tax free funds like MYI, VGM, NTX where you can make 5.5% tax free. That's nest egg money this is speculative trading money.

firekillex

yup like you said never hold all your eggs in one basket... ive got 30-40% of my portfolio on BTC , rest on other coins

First ... 10111213141516 ... Last