milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Well ur gonna be no fun then. Based on the numbers u pulled avg attendance over avg capacity has nba attendance at a higher utilization percentage than baseball
    yes but if the nba built 50,000 seat arenas they would still sell about 18,000 seats/game

and if they had 162 game season then naturally attendance would trend lower per game... the nfl is special because there's only 1 game/week and 8 regular season home games per year... but as a spectator sport it's pretty boring watching 40 seconds of nothing between every play

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Ur nuts, the nfl is the most exciting product this country has to offer. The only thing on its level is world cup soccer pre 2010, when the players actually cared

Baseball is a dying sport for whatever reason. Maybe not in pockets of the country but in comparison to the rise in ratings to nfl and nba it's alrdy been surpassed.

I don't rly care either way, I was hoping u were a fired up poster rdy to get all riled up and make the remainder of this day more entertaining but I was wrong.... again

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by smittyallsports View Post
    Durant is their best player and they didn't have him last year and also steph wasn't 100 percent. Iggy was hurt and bogut missed two games. Cavs won in 7 with a miraculous comeback that nobody would characterize as manhandling. You mean a team with both curry and Durant wouldn't stand a chance? Cleveland isn't that good. They are a team of one on one guys and that can't get it done against elite team ball. GS the greatest of all time.
    No need to even explain this. You have G.S.'s current roster without Thompson... Durant wouldn't be as effective... Curry wouldn't be as effective. Yeah... Cleveland has the 2 best one on one guys in the league.

It's kind of laughable that you believe G.S. would beat Cleveland with just Durant and Curry.

James > Durant one on one.
    Irving > Curry one on one.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Well ur gonna be no fun then. Based on the numbers u pulled avg attendance over avg capacity has nba attendance at a higher utilization percentage than baseball
    So by your logic I can sell one (and only one available) ticket to the local chess game, claim higher avg attendance over avg capacity than both MLB and NBA and claim it to be the most popular sport in the world?

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    So by your logic I can sell one (and only one available) ticket to the local chess game, claim higher avg attendance over avg capacity than both MLB and NBA and claim it to be the most popular sport in the world?
    Depends on the capacity of the arena. Reading comprehension not a strong suit I see

milwaukee mike

Ur nuts, the nfl is the most exciting product this country has to offer. The only thing on its level is world cup soccer pre 2010, when the players actually cared

Baseball is a dying sport for whatever reason. Maybe not in pockets of the country but in comparison to the rise in ratings to nfl and nba it's alrdy been surpassed.

I don't rly care either way, I was hoping u were a fired up poster rdy to get all riled up and make the remainder of this day more entertaining but I was wrong.... again
    even at lambeau field here, the nfl experience is usually nothing close to an nba game in terms of excitement, just a bunch of fat old people trying not to freeze to death

baseball equally boring, sit around for 3 or 4 hours with about 5 minutes of actual excitement in that stretch

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    even at lambeau field here, the nfl experience is usually nothing close to an nba game in terms of excitement, just a bunch of fat old people trying not to freeze to death

baseball equally boring, sit around for 3 or 4 hours with about 5 minutes of actual excitement in that stretch
    Ud think the only nfl franchise that has fans as shareholders would be more exciting like the premiere league clubs in England and thr pubs they're at pregame

juicername

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Foreigners love leagues that are top heavy. That's the problem. League is growing internationally. The base is not 40 year old white guys, it's kids and foreigners.
    This is very true.

Europeans and Asians love teams like the Warriors.

I pretty much only watch GS myself, the time zone match helps as well.

juicername

Depends on the capacity of the arena. Reading comprehension not a strong suit I see
    And statistics don't seem to be something you can comprehend. Back to grade one kiddo.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

NBA always had Dynasty's that won sever titles in the span of a few years.. Look that Celtics with Bill Russell back in the day..

This Warriors team is really nothing new..

milwaukee mike

Ud think the only nfl franchise that has fans as shareholders would be more exciting like the premiere league clubs in England and thr pubs they're at pregame
    there is plenty of drinking going on, but MUCH younger crowd at those soccer matches

booze can jack up a 20 year old but it usually makes a 50 year old sleepy

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Nfl is garbage to watch live or on TV

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    And statistics don't seem to be something you can comprehend. Back to grade one kiddo.
    Good one. When does ur Netflix comedy special debut?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

when nba was good, it was the show.. nothing better than being at an nba finals game in the early 2000's and I saw my squad get swept and it was still 10x more exciting than this garbage

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nfl is garbage to watch live or on TV
    Well u are canadian... it's been watered down with the hitting but its still great to watch. Just do the red zone channel

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Well u are canadian... it's been watered down with the hitting but its still great to watch. Just do the red zone channel
    I have been watching the NFL since 1980. It's not what it used to be. Too many commercials. Pass happy league that plays no defense and no one knows the name of any player on most teams except the QB. Shady I'm north American not Canadian or American. I love all sports but sorry the NFL is pretty boring. There was a time when an NFL game used to be something to look forward to.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    when nba was good, it was the show.. nothing better than being at an nba finals game in the early 2000's and I saw my squad get swept and it was still 10x more exciting than this garbage
    That was the beginning of sterns jordan clone experiment starring kobe Bryant, Tracy mcgrady, vice carter and allen iverson. Kings were also something special then

shadymcgrady

I have been watching the NFL since 1980. It's not what it used to be. Too many commercials. Pass happy league that plays no defense and no one knows the name of any player on most teams except the QB. Shady I'm north American not Canadian or American. I love all sports but sorry the NFL is pretty boring. There was a time when an NFL game used to be something to look forward to.
    I know lb, I'm just busting chops. Surprised u don't know that by now. Yeah the nfl is very fantasy or stat friendly these days. I wasnt happy they removed jacked up when the lawsuits started. That's ab the time I quit espn as well

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Isnt it sad we're talking about 2 teams and there are 28 more. Maybe they need to have 6 minute quarters then the games would last as long as halftime lasts now, may make it more exciting and teams might have more of a chance.
    if you say something sharp or witty, I'm here to support you, jtoler

too bad you can't do this more often

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    This is an idiotic comparison. Baseball players wear helmets. Baseball has a ton of really good players. Basketball has a tiny number of superstars. The sport lends itself to closeup highlights of an individual. Baseball highlights show an entire field with multiple people, with the batter obscured by a helmet. Just a terrible comparison all around.
    +1

As it has been stated also, foreigners might know 5 guys, including someone like Ginobili if you're from Argentina or Ricky Rubio if from Spain, etc.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Yeah, if not for gambling NFL would pretty much be a slightly bigger NBA product with most games on 1 day

it's really decreased in quality and interest, and it was at the top of the world not too long ago

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Its the game itself that is the problem. You have super teams in NHL and MLB but single players cant impact the outcome of a game as much in those sports.

Think of it this way. If you take Lebron out of a game the line will move by hundreds of cents. If you take Crosby out of a game it will move tens of cents. In NBA and NFL the impact of 1 player is too great and that is why you have these lopsided matchups.
    Guy hit the nail on the head. Only a few guys that really matter in the whole league. Not enough to spread around. The rule changes have made them even more important. The problem is that the fan base of the league prefers dominant players to parity, so good luck seeing that anytime soon.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

All the NFL rules favor the offense and great players too. You don't notice it because of all the injuries and a much smaller sample size than the nba.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

NBA popular with the youth. They all want to shoot NBA 3s

First 12