KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

LeBron Guards KD Right?

I know they will guard each other late in games, but from the get go, won't LeBron have to guard KD? GS is a little more versatile defensively, they can really put a number of guys on LeBron.

I don't think JR can guard KD can he? KD would just shoot over the top. Not like you can put any of the two bigs on KD. Seems like LeBron will have to guard him for most of the game, only other guy I see defending him is Shumpert. Who I think will be key for them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lebron guards him
    Well but the no energy on offense

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Lebron usually guards the weakest offensive player so that he can conserve his energy throughout the game. There will be moments that he guards kd but he usually doesn't do the heavy lifting

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Love will probably have that assignment. Jr will be on Thompson/Steph. LBJ and Durant will cancel each other on offense in most scenarios depending on who has a monster performance.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

If LeBron is guarding KD it will be because of desperation mode. They don't want him guarding KD all series. Simply too much to ask.

KRIT

Ok so start of the game, who is LeBron guarding and who is guarding KD. Do they actually think JR Smith can guard KD?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    Love will probably have that assignment. Jr will be on Thompson/Steph. LBJ and Durant will cancel each other on offense in most scenarios depending on who has a monster performance.
    Did you say Kevin Love is gonna guard Kevin Durant? Hope you don't coach basketball for a living.

Yeah Lebron will guard him for long stretches. Richard Jefferson will come in and guard him. Shumpert will too. James will guard him the most.

Once Tyrone Lou tries experimenting with Shumpert Jefferson maybe even JR Smith, he'll realize how foolish he is, and James will start guarding him the majority of the games once Cleveland loses a few games in a row.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Did you say Kevin Love is gonna guard Kevin Durant? Hope you don't coach basketball for a living.

Yeah Lebron will guard him for long stretches. Richard Jefferson will come in and guard him. Shumpert will too. James will guard him the most.

Once Tyrone Lou tries experimenting with Shumpert Jefferson maybe even JR Smith, he'll realize how foolish he is, and James will start guarding him the majority of the games once Cleveland loses a few games in a row.
    I think the big mismatch in this series is the number of guys who can defend James, whereas I think there are probably only two guys who can guard KD, that is James and Shumpert. I think we see Shump play a lot of minutes in this series, not sure how much we will see of Korver. Warriors can really put Draymond, Klay, KD or Iguodala on James.

This will be a tough matchup for Love. He is going to struggle guarding Green on the perimeter and will struggle in the high pick and roll. Cavs should have added an athletic four to matchup with Green.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

The biggest mismatch is without a doubt the plethora of ways gsw can exploit a mismatch offensively. It's going to be like trying to plug multiple holes on a rowboat with 2 plugs for cle on defense

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Biggest mismatch is golden state in transition. Leaving Tristian Thompson or Love at times on an island with KD or Curry. Easy bucket everytime. Cavs can't run with the Warriors in transition.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Ok so start of the game, who is LeBron guarding and who is guarding KD. Do they actually think JR Smith can guard KD?
    Lebron will guard him but loosely. they don't mind him getting his average. limiting steph and klay will be focus. Lebron's points will cancel kd. Kyrie can't be stopped by this team. No one has mentioned iggy hasn't been himself and is 34 now. Cavs bench better this year and lue balances them better with lebron in rotations longer and resting with kyrie and love playing with bench players. So i don't think lue worries about durant's scoring.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Lol. Switches. Zones. Not one player the whole game.....

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Tristan Thompson needs learn how to do a 1 step dunk. THat guy had the ball 3 or 4 times 5 feet away from the rim with no one really on him, and he kicks it out.