KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

The only reason why we are talking about Lonzo Ball so much is because of Lavar. If Lavar was the dad of Dennis Smith Jr who will probably be a mid round lottery pick, we would be hearing more about him than a guy who will go before him.

Until he proves he is great in the NBA, there is no reason to think he will be a franchise player. Lets be honest, how many franchise players have we gotten in the draft in the last 10 years? That word gets thrown around, but no I don't think guys Andrew Wiggins and Porzingis are franchise players. They are good, but they aren't leading you to the championship. Lonzo might be good, but I'd be surprised if you can build a team around him.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

Is his dad the owner of BBB? If so, I can only assume they will have some sort of tax evasion issues next year. Hope Lonzo does well though.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    LOL, please explain to me how he made his son so much money, I'd love to see it. He has literally no shot at endorsements, thanks to pops. NBA executives have openly wondered if he's worth the trouble of his dad. His ugly shoes haven't even sold 500 pairs. A ton of athletes have attempted their own brand, it never works - never. Meanwhile even guys like D Rose and D Wade get $10M+ in endorsements. LaVar is killing his sons earning potential, anybody who says he isn't is crazy.
    Nobody even knows who the fukk he is without his loudmouth dad. Credit his dad you had the nerve to put him in the same breath as rose and wade.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 05-18-17 at 08:35 PM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by The Hat View Post
    NBA will be an even better fit for him since he'll be playing with better players.
    Agreed. Can't say which team would be perfect fit for him, but he can help many.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

in a word: probably not

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Telling that guy to shut his mouth would be like telling a crackhead to stop using. He is going to act like a jackass until its a for sure thing his son ends up in a flop and go quietly into the night. If his son was half as good as his dad talks UCLA wouldn't have been sent home 5 minutes after the tournament started. When it actually mattered his son was mediocre at best.
    Yeah because NCAA careers translate over to the NBA... please. If you actually watched him play, you'll notice how unselfish and smart he is.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

How about the MCW analogy of mine (which I thought was v.clever btw)? Tall pg with court vision lacking a jumper and lacking speed. How does he compare? More talented I assume...

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Hes good, but not great, hes easily a top 5 draft pick though

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The kid will be Todd Marinovich 2.0. The kid has some talent, but bigly overhyped, obnoxnious and overbearing father. He will flame out of the NBA, bounce around the Euro/Chinese leagues before checking into rehab, rehab won't work, will be found doped up, naked and passed out under some bushes and eventually become an ESPN 30for30 "What Happened to Lonzo Ball?"

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I saw video already with him
    On a boat and girls all
    Over the place

Trouble
    Trouble

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

It's already been stated in this thread but, come on, that ridiculous shot of his will never work in the NBA. So, let's face it, he's a passing guard at best. What passing guard is worth a top 3 pick?! It's all hype. And only the "showtime" Lakers would be dumb enough to be excited about the kid and the horrible baggage he brings with him.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    in a word: probably not
    Um.....

jjgold

His father gets laughed at daily across USA 🇺🇸

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

i think he will turn out good, but i hope he either choses to tell his dad to quiet down or a team makes him do it

jjgold

He will have decent stats but winning way more important

Tons of good stat guys but that do not win

First 12