Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

ESPN's Chris Berman Wife Killed In Car Accident

The wife of ESPN legend Chris Berman was killed in a bad crash in Connecticut on Tuesday ... when her car slammed into another vehicle, killing both drivers.
    According to the police report obtained by TMZ Sports, 67-year-old Katherine Berman was driving her 2003 Lexus around 2:15 PM when she slammed into the back of a Ford Escape.
    Officials say Katherine's car veered off the roadway and overturned into a small body of water.
    The other car collided with a utility pole and landed on its roof.
    The driver of the other car -- an 87-year-old man -- was transported to a nearby hospital but did not survive.
    In a photo of the crash scene obtained by WTNH, you can see the other driver's car (behind the red Ford) was completely totaled.

Chris and and Katherine have been married since 1983 and have 2 kids together.

Chris was reportedly at the Giants vs. Mets game at Citi Field when he was notified of the crash by NYPD officers.
    ESPN President John Skipper issued a statement saying, "This is a devastating tragedy and difficult to comprehend."
    "Chris is beloved by all his ESPN colleagues and for good reason: he has a huge heart and has given so much to so many over the years. We know how much his family means to him and all we can do at a moment like this is give him the love and support he will surely need at this hour."
    "Our thoughts and prayers are with Chris, Meredith, Doug and the entire family."

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Sickening.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Good grief that's horrible

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Very very bad. Question..why is she driving a 2003..if it were my wife she would drive a huge truck.for this reason. Other guy 87 age driving..ummmm

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Just terrible

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

terrible

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Very sad.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

This was the time where he was supposed to retire, and grow old with his wife after 3 decades of work. Can't imagine how he is feeling right now.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Very very bad. Question..why is she driving a 2003..if it were my wife she would drive a huge truck.for this reason. Other guy 87 age driving..ummmm
    yeah the 87yo shouldn't be driving imo...that's just accident waiting to happen
    I have a feeling that the guy probably stopped on the middle of the road for no reason and she slammed into the back of his car

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Most people have gotten annoyed of Chris on ESPN, but regardless he was still one of the good guys.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

there are ONLY 2 ways I can reply to this thread

ill choose the 3rd and say no comment

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Very sad to hear this.

Just like someone mentioned above... why was she driving a car that's 14 years old? Not saying a newer model could of saved her life... but it's not like Berman is poor or anything?

Just odd to me.

Horrific event.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Berman has a gambling issue.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    The wife of ESPN legend Chris Berman was killed in a bad crash in Connecticut on Tuesday ... when her car slammed into another vehicle, killing both drivers.
    According to the police report obtained by TMZ Sports, 67-year-old Katherine Berman was driving her 2003 Lexus around 2:15 PM when she slammed into the back of a Ford Escape.
    Officials say Katherine's car veered off the roadway and overturned into a small body of water.
    The other car collided with a utility pole and landed on its roof.
    The driver of the other car -- an 87-year-old man -- was transported to a nearby hospital but did not survive.
    In a photo of the crash scene obtained by WTNH, you can see the other driver's car (behind the red Ford) was completely totaled.

Chris and and Katherine have been married since 1983 and have 2 kids together.

Chris was reportedly at the Giants vs. Mets game at Citi Field when he was notified of the crash by NYPD officers.
    ESPN President John Skipper issued a statement saying, "This is a devastating tragedy and difficult to comprehend."
    "Chris is beloved by all his ESPN colleagues and for good reason: he has a huge heart and has given so much to so many over the years. We know how much his family means to him and all we can do at a moment like this is give him the love and support he will surely need at this hour."
    "Our thoughts and prayers are with Chris, Meredith, Doug and the entire family."
    With him being non-existent anymore. I would assume an illuminati sp sacrifice. Look for him to sign a new contract.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Very sad to hear this.

Just like someone mentioned above... why was she driving a car that's 14 years old? Not saying a newer model could of saved her life... but it's not like Berman is poor or anything?

Just odd to me.

Horrific event.
    Lets see. The car still ran well. She liked it. Nothing odd about that. Just because an item is old doesnt mean it needs to be automatically discarded for an updated version.

Anyway RIP to both of them.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Most people have gotten annoyed of Chris on ESPN, but regardless he was still one of the good guys.
    I love Boomer, they can pound sand.

Sickening.

RIP

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

That's to bad...

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3668

Driving 14-year old car for someone who is from upper middle-class family seemed to be little bit odd. Her husband looks for insurance money?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lets see. The car still ran well. She liked it. Nothing odd about that. Just because an item is old doesnt mean it needs to be automatically discarded for an updated version.

Anyway RIP to both of them.
    Um ok. Did you know it ran well? Were you the mechanic?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    A 2003 Lexus is just as safe and reliable as most newer cars if reasonably maintained.. Trust me on this as I've been driving Lexus's for the past 25 years.. Solid cars from year 2000 on even with high miles...

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Unfortunate...RIP Mrs. Boomer

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Very sad to hear this.

Just odd to me.

Horrific event.
    yea this is 1 comment

wtf

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I could see people questioning if she was driving a 1975 Ford Pinto, but Lexus makes some pretty nice reliable and safe cars, even if it was 14 years old.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12461

Sad news. May her memory be a blessing.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Driving 14-year old car for someone who is from upper middle-class family seemed to be little bit odd. Her husband looks for insurance money?
    Yeah that's it...fukkin SBR

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Absolutely tragic, thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Just makes me feel sick. Can't imagine losing a loved one like this.

RIP

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I could see people questioning if she was driving a 1975 Ford Pinto, but Lexus makes some pretty nice reliable and safe cars, even if it was 14 years old.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Wow, that's a bummer. RIP.

Someone post a video when Boomer finally addresses it on air.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Very terrible. The 87 yr old was returning from visiting his deceased wife at cemetary..at age 87 shouldn't be driving..ever. didn't say her car was a Ford pinto..but a newer vehicle with better u I dated suspension etc could of saved her. Suv probably saves her. Question is well...did 87 yr old stop or was the phone used by her. It's more dangerous then ever.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

RIP. Just like that. I couldn't imagine.

I think there was a thread a few weeks ago where somewhere mentioned like 1.3 million people a year world-wide die in automobile accidents. Crazy.

I drive an older beat up car, but I am visiting my brother-in-law who works at a dealership and he hooks us up with a car to drive when we visit. Anyway, the car we got this time has like 8 sensors and it will brake for you if it senses something like the car in front of you suddenly reduces velocity. Not saying it would have helped here but who knows. It parallel parks itselfs too and other shit.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Cruel penetrating world. Guy always portrayed himself with class and professionalism and was some great comic sports relief for many fans and coworkers. Definitely came off as someone who was a loyal husband and family man. He's gotta be in a world of hell right now. RIP Mrs Shwami.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Just a reminder to cherish the time we have. Sad

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Who is Berman's best friend at ESPN? Maybe Boomer is pounding shots w/ Barry Melrose right now.

12 Last