tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Pens/Caps Game 7

Caps are -165 on 5dimes. Looks like Caps will win.

Discuss.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just take the dog and play it safe

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Nothing to discuss. Pens get pounded
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

give the 1 1/2 goals and thank me later

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

pens donezzzz

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Pens are 5-0 in game 7's, best record in any sport

They do it again.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

They do it again.
    Don't do it. Crosby is fukked up. No Letang caught up

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

They do it again.
    Caps were dead in the water (or ice. Ayyy) until the 3rd period in gm6... really just be books way to get people to unload on them in gm7... Pitt is just the better team

stevek173

Caps are only still playing because of dirty hit on Crosby

Dirty team

I hope their plane crashes and only Williams survives

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

People overreacting as usual here. Pens are a veteran team with clutch playoff performers, any many of them.

They will be ready and come out hard for game 7, this will be a coin flip game. Take Pens at + money in this spot, dont be a rookie jagofff.

jgold254
    jgold254's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1840

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Caps were dead in the water (or ice. Ayyy) until the 3rd period in gm6... really just be books way to get people to unload on them in gm7... Pitt is just the better team
    3rd period in game 6???? Did we watch the same game?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by jgold254 View Post
    3rd period in game 6???? Did we watch the same game?
    I apologize...Game 5... got mixed up..

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Anybody feel strongly on over/under?

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    People overreacting as usual here. Pens are a veteran team with clutch playoff performers, any many of them.

They will be ready and come out hard for game 7, this will be a coin flip game. Take Pens at + money in this spot, dont be a rookie jagofff.
    Rich Boy nailed it! Completely agree, plus we are getting the Pens at a great price! Huge overreaction to 4 periods of hockey. Before the 3rd period of Game 5, Pens were in control except for the Crosby injury game.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I have been on the Pens since the start of the playoffs....and have watched every game. My take:

Pittsburgh got up 3-1 even though they were outplayed in all four games. And guys, there is no arguing that...just look at the stats. Fleury was good and Holtby was TERRIBLE. The last two games the Caps have basically annihilated the Pens.

Now, smart money has to be on the Caps to close this out if the odds were anywhere close to even...but they aren't. Caps -170 is just dumb....and anyone paying that live is retarded. You may win, but it is dumb.

As as much as I want the Pens to win and +150 is a great price....it is also just not a great place to put your money in because they will likely lose.

Conclusion? This just isn't a smart game to bet. So many other good things out there, don't waste your money trying to be a hero. Go buy a 12 pack and just enjoy some great hockey.

Cheers

stevek173

Heck of a post.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    you didn't watch any of the games, did you?

jgold254
    jgold254's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1840

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I have been on the Pens since the start of the playoffs....and have watched every game. My take:

Pittsburgh got up 3-1 even though they were outplayed in all four games. And guys, there is no arguing that...just look at the stats. Fleury was good and Holtby was TERRIBLE. The last two games the Caps have basically annihilated the Pens.

Now, smart money has to be on the Caps to close this out if the odds were anywhere close to even...but they aren't. Caps -170 is just dumb....and anyone paying that live is retarded. You may win, but it is dumb.

As as much as I want the Pens to win and +150 is a great price....it is also just not a great place to put your money in because they will likely lose.

Conclusion? This just isn't a smart game to bet. So many other good things out there, don't waste your money trying to be a hero. Go buy a 12 pack and just enjoy some great hockey.

Cheers
    This.

Game just isn't worth betting. You can be a homer either way and talk about how good one team is in the regular season or how good the other is in the playoffs, but when it boils down to it... These are the 2 best teams in hockey. It's an issue they meet in round 2. You would think this would be the matchup the NHL drooled over being in the finals. But this series could (and can) go either way. 2 talented goal tenders. 2 lights out captains. Every line on each team is stacked. Id venture to say the momentum is in favor of the Caps, slightly, but this is a no bet. Especially at the current prices.

Rich Boy

Quote Originally Posted by jgold254 View Post
    This.

Game just isn't worth betting. You can be a homer either way and talk about how good one team is in the regular season or how good the other is in the playoffs, but when it boils down to it... These are the 2 best teams in hockey. It's an issue they meet in round 2. You would think this would be the matchup the NHL drooled over being in the finals. But this series could (and can) go either way. 2 talented goal tenders. 2 lights out captains. Every line on each team is stacked. Id venture to say the momentum is in favor of the Caps, slightly, but this is a no bet. Especially at the current prices.
    You guys seem surprised the books posted a line this is pretty sharp... lol.
    This line came out lower than I expected honestly. I was thinking Wash -185 since home game 7s are usually juiced up a bit more and Wash closed at -170 for game 5 at home.

In any case I would take Pit ML here at this price given the situation.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

You guys seem surprised the books posted a line this is pretty sharp... lol.
    This line came out lower than I expected honestly. I was thinking Wash -185 since home game 7s are usually juiced up a bit more and Wash closed at -170 for game 5 at home.

In any case I would take Pit ML here at this price given the situation.
    Yes, forced to bet I would have to bet Pens. But like I said....what's the point? 10 other games every night across all sports that you can find a real edge in.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Yes the line is high but if you can legitimately say that the pens have a shot in this game I'm not sure what to tell you. Caps win this one, fleury sucks and the pens are worn down. Sometimes taking a game just because it has more value doesn't mean it's always the best pick. The pens do this every couple of years, 2011 and 2014. The blueprint is staring everyone in the face. Caps win.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Yes the line is high but if you can legitimately say that the pens have a shot in this game I'm not sure what to tell you. Caps win this one, fleury sucks and the pens are worn down. Sometimes taking a game just because it has more value doesn't mean it's always the best pick. The pens do this every couple of years, 2011 and 2014. The blueprint is staring everyone in the face. Caps win.
    But is -170 good value on that pick of yours? Really?

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

But is -170 good value on that pick of yours? Really?
    No it doesn't but I believe there's an edge in the game so I'm ok with it in this situation. I'm also balancing it out with betting Edmonton right after because I think that's another great spot

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2709

Surprised this even went to game 7 but can't lay the juice on Wash. Most President Cup winners fail in the playoffs too...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bet Pitt just now

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

-170 has no value in this spot. I will be passing.

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

Pens are the only value in this situation. They're the defending Stanley Cup champs and know how to win. They get it done tonight. The Caps falter again like every season and it's bye bye Ovi.

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

oh, and take some PIT -1.5 reverse PL while your at it.

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

I think you are right Oiler. Only value in this game is a play on the Pens.

lakerboy

Anyone taking the pens tonight is trying to be sharp. The best play is caps PL. I got +175

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Caps are only still playing because of dirty hit on Crosby

Dirty team

I hope their plane crashes and only Williams survives
    damn, gamblers are cold. lol

Rich Boy

This game is pretty interesting as each book has their own opinion of the lines. Usually you dont see this kind of range among books

Greek has Wash shaded at +170/-200
    Meanwhile SIA has Pit shaded at +145/-170

lakerboy

This game is pretty interesting as each book has their own opinion of the lines. Usually you dont see this kind of range among books

Greek has Wash shaded at +170/-200
    Meanwhile SIA has Pit shaded at +145/-170
    That doesn't tell you anything except the square bettor is on the pens as sia is a square book.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Anyone taking the pens tonight is trying to be sharp. The best play is caps PL. I got +175
    LB, you know I love you....but you do exactly this all the time. Always pressing dogs in even worse spots than this.

lakerboy

LB, you know I love you....but you do exactly this all the time. Always pressing dogs in even worse spots than this.
    Oh for sure I do that. Sometimes I see the light.

12 Last