Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Agreed, it is an embarrassment. I really hope more NBA players continue to whine about politics and racism, that makes it even better.
    Game 1 was the third highest rated NBA game in history. I bet tonight set a bunch of records as well. I think these playoffs have been the worst ever but the NBA isn't going anywhere. They are having banner years. They've created 2 villain teams. One side hates Cleveland and Lebron. The other side can't stand baby face Curry and damn sure hate Durant the traitor. The NBA couldn't have dreamed of a better scenario. If the Cav's show any life at home this might be one for the ages. If this were to go 7 (and I know it doesn't look that way to many people right now) that game might be close to Superbowl football type ratings. Well, not that high but you get my drift. Refs looked like they wanted GS to take these 2 games. Let's see what happens in Cleveland. We will know very quickly in game 3.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

not sure why you get the same dorks to come in every nba thread and say, oh i don't watch it. who cares? i don't go in every nhl thread or cricket proclaiming my disinterest. I guess every other sport is pretty boring right now so they have to come where the excitement is. No one is talking about the cubs/cards tonight.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave kingdom 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    And Curry was hurt and they lost their center, Bogut.
    Exactly. Totally different scenario this year

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Game 1 was the third highest rated NBA game in history. I bet tonight set a bunch of records as well. I think these playoffs have been the worst ever but the NBA isn't going anywhere. They are having banner years. They've created 2 villain teams. One side hates Cleveland and Lebron. The other side can't stand baby face Curry and damn sure hate Durant the traitor. The NBA couldn't have dreamed of a better scenario. If the Cav's show any life at home this might be one for the ages. If this were to go 7 (and I know it doesn't look that way to many people right now) that game might be close to Superbowl football type ratings. Well, not that high but you get my drift. Refs looked like they wanted GS to take these 2 games. Let's see what happens in Cleveland. We will know very quickly in game 3.
    I can see why the ratings were so high in game 1. The rest of the playoffs were probably the worst playoffs in any sport ever and everyone, even people that don't watch the NBA, already knew who was going to play in the finals so game 1 was basically the superbowl of the NBA.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    not sure why you get the same dorks to come in every nba thread and say, oh i don't watch it. who cares? i don't go in every nhl thread or cricket proclaiming my disinterest. I guess every other sport is pretty boring right now so they have to come where the excitement is. No one is talking about the cubs/cards tonight.
    Did the Zags win?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I can see why the ratings were so high in game 1. The rest of the playoffs were probably the worst playoffs in any sport ever and everyone, even people that don't watch the NBA, already knew who was going to play in the finals so game 1 was basically the superbowl of the NBA.
    They were actually the most highly rated. your facts are crooked. stop trolling the Nba. No one forces you to come in and hate what others enjoy.

unde0087
    Did we win?

They were actually the most highly rated. your facts are crooked. stop trolling the Nba. No one forces you to come in and hate what others enjoy.
    NBA regular season was down 6% in viewership this season. I am guessing that number went up in the playoffs because the CBB tourney ended giving basketball fans/bettors only one option, it certainly wasn't because any of the games were worth a shit. That and everyone knows that the occasional fan will tune in when post season play starts. That is why you see a 4% increase in NBA playoff viewership. The finals game 1 might have seen the third largest viewing but it is also down 5% since last year. Probably due to the fact that last year GS was on that historical run and its the same 2 teams yet again. There is zero parody in the game hence Laker starting the thread. Sorry your feelings were hurt, I will leave you to talk about how great it is.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

garvardntl
    illegitimum non carborundum
    garvardntl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Let's just break up all teams and run an all-encompassing Expansion Draft for every team in the league.

Let's see if Lonzo Ball can score himself a deal 'he deserves'.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Yeah and they've took them to the woodshed in both games,we wanted close games not 20 point blowouts.
    And have to win 4 of 5

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Is this the easiest time a team has ever had winning a championship in any sport?

28-1 since March.

Won every playoff game by 15+.

What a joke this is. Titles mean something because they're hard to win. This wasn't difficult at all.
    Maybe. Don't look now but the Minnesota Lynx are undefeated at 7-0 and have an average margin of victory of 13.4 points per game.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

So boring..NHL play offs have been great

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I tried, but I couldn't watch the whole game. It's a crappy product.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Actually only Sport that has been boring as f@ck has been the NBA playoffs,the NHL playoffs have put this shit show to shame.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Maybe. Don't look now but the Minnesota Lynx are undefeated at 7-0 and have an average margin of victory of 13.4 points per game.
    I said "sports".

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I tried, but I couldn't watch the whole game. It's a crappy product.
    NBA athletes dump on every single athlete in any sport. Hockey, NFL, tennis, MLB. Name it. NBA are the top conditioned athletes in the world. If you don't recognize that you prolly aren't much of a sports fan to begin with.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    NBA athletes dump on every single athlete in any sport. Hockey, NFL, tennis, MLB. Name it. NBA are the top conditioned athletes in the world. If you don't recognize that you prolly aren't much of a sports fan to begin with.
    That's a strange argument. Track & Field have some pretty good athletes... is that popular? Where's the Track & Field league, or are they amateurs?

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Goat, I never said they weren't good athletes. I agree. Lebron is a modern day Hercules. But the NBA this season has put out a shitty product. The competition level is not there. Too many games are blowouts. And as always, the refs suck!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Not arguing that NBA players as a whole aren't well conditioned athletes, but if you think they're any better conditioned than NHL players then it's you who isn't much of a sports fan. I guaran-fukn-tee an NHL player could survive an NBA training camp, not so sure if the roles are reversed.

BigDofBA

Lebron and Kyrie go for over 70 points and still lose.

The NBA is ruined for the next 4-5 years. This Warriors team is ridiculous.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

The fact I've watched 3 or 4 times as much of the NHL as the NBA this playoffs shows how bad the product is right now. I hate hockey and basketball has always been my favorite.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Not arguing that NBA players as a whole aren't well conditioned athletes, but if you think they're any better conditioned than NHL players then it's you who isn't much of a sports fan. I guaran-fukn-tee an NHL player could survive an NBA training camp, not so sure if the roles are reversed.
    What do they play? 18 minutes a game out of 60?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

It depends on what you are grading them on. My money in most categories would be NBA players over NHL. NBA players are in tremendous shape and it starts in AAU. Have you seen kids playing AAU? Fukkk, those kids could end up in any sport. USA should take some of those kids and put them in soccer, baseball, basketball or hockey. A ton of talent among basketball players. Not to say that NHL players are not but much greater numbers of gifted basketball players.

https://www.muscleprodigy.com/top-10...hletic-sports/

That site measured 5 stats... MMA came in first, Basketball 2nd, football 3rd, hockey 10th.

Strength:
    Speed:
    Agility:
    Endurance:
    Hand Eye Coordination:
    Personally, I'd take a Decathlete above and beyond any other athlete. Those guys are fukkin specimens.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    It depends on what you are grading them on. My money in most categories would be NBA players over NHL. NBA players are in tremendous shape and it starts in AAU. Have you seen kids playing AAU? Fukkk, those kids could end up in any sport. USA should take some of those kids and put them in soccer, baseball, basketball or hockey. A ton of talent among basketball players. Not to say that NHL players are not but much greater numbers of gifted basketball players.

https://www.muscleprodigy.com/top-10...hletic-sports/

That site measured 5 stats... MMA came in first, Basketball 2nd, football 3rd, hockey 10th.

Strength:
    Speed:
    Agility:
    Endurance:
    Hand Eye Coordination:
    Personally, I'd take a Decathlete above and beyond any other athlete. Those guys are fukkin specimens.
    MMA is not a fukkin sport. It's two barbarians thrown in a cage fighting. Basketball is a GAME. It's an invented SPORT. It requires equipment and multiple components. MMA is a street fight inside a cage.

Goat Milk

Well I'm not going to doubt that on the endurance level, but if you look at an NHL players body, and look at an NBA players body... Bro. Come on.

I run faster, jump higher, and more agile, than the majority of NHL players. Yeah their toughness is second to none, and they are very very very skilled. Maybe the most skilled in any sport. But we're talking about athleticism. Pure athleticism. NBA players have like 5% body fat and are massive at the same time.

You think 40 year old Chara or like a Getzlof or Jagr can play in an NBA game?

There's a reason most NBA players are done by 30 32 years old. And it's not cause of injuries. It's just that they can't keep up anymore. They're not fast anymore, not explosive enough, their vertical isn't the same.

Jagr is like 50 bro.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Well I'm not going to doubt that on the endurance level, but if you look at an NHL players body, and look at an NBA players body... Bro. Come on.

I run faster, jump higher, and more agile, than the majority of NHL players. Yeah their toughness is second to none, and they are very very very skilled. Maybe the most skilled in any sport. But we're talking about athleticism. Pure athleticism. NBA players have like 5% body fat and are massive at the same time.

You think 40 year old Chara or like a Getzlof or Jagr can play in an NBA game?

There's a reason most NBA players are done by 30 32 years old. And it's not cause of injuries. It's just that they can't keep up anymore. They're not fast anymore, not explosive enough, their vertical isn't the same.

Jagr is like 50 bro.
    You said "top conditioned athletes". Not comparing skill sets; neither could play the others game from a skill standpoint. And you "running faster, jumping higher, and being more agile than the majority of NHL players" is ludicrous. Hockey is football on ice. Try strapping on a pair of skates and letting an NHL defenseman knock you around a little bit. You'd last 20 seconds.

NUTSonYAchin
    NUTSonYAchin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

MMA is not a fukkin sport. It's two barbarians thrown in a cage fighting. Basketball is a GAME. It's an invented SPORT. It requires equipment and multiple components. MMA is a street fight inside a cage.
    ok so boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, were not invented sports? lol. Fighting is the most natural thing in the world. Playing masonic games which are metaphors for how we live life are actually made up bullshit by retards who think the earth is a globe like you.

NUTSonYAchin
    NUTSonYAchin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

fighters are the most balanced athletes, but let's be real. NFL and NBA players are the most athletic. Hockey, UFC fighters, and NFL players are the toughest.

Lebron and JJ Watt (before hurting back) are as athletic as anyone, but they're still mentally weak bitches who would get fukkin called a bitch and drug all over the octagon by someone like Nick Diaz (half the size but infinite cardio, heart, and mental toughness).

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

You said "top conditioned athletes". Not comparing skill sets; neither could play the others game from a skill standpoint. And you "running faster, jumping higher, and being more agile than the majority of NHL players" is ludicrous. Hockey is football on ice. Try strapping on a pair of skates and letting an NHL defenseman knock you around a little bit. You'd last 20 seconds.
    Try 5 seconds.

First 123