Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Trump Tax Plan

Yay or Nay?

Proposes 10% Rate and double the standard deduction for the common man.
    Last edited by Otters27; 04-26-17 at 02:49 PM.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

As much as I dislike the guy...this isnt that bad.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

The devil is in the details. And none is provided. One page with bullet points isn't going to cut it. This is probably less detailed than what he put out during the campaign. Reserve judgment until bill is introduced and then the bill is scored.

In all likelihood, whatever he is "proposing" will fail like everything else he has tried to do so far.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

d2bets... we have to pass it before we know what's in it...

you swallowed that load of shit
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brooks85, and infamousbacardi

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Health care passing soon
    Taxes will
    Pass

He is destroying Dems

Love it

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Of course it will favor the rich more and suck from the lesser as usual.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

WHat happens to all the "refundable" tax credits that so many get during tax season?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    d2bets... we have to pass it before we know what's in it...

you swallowed that load of shit
    Umm, that text was out there. Whether or not people read it is their problem. There is nothing to read here. Wake me up when there is.

Sam Odom

d2

YOUR House Leader said it...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

You can't pass a bill without having a bill. Like I said, I will wait to form an opinion until there is a bill.

Sam Odom

Okay

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Of course it will favor the rich more and suck from the lesser as usual.
    Of course.

Today he also proposed eliminating National Monument status for all National Monuments
    created since 1996. These protected lands, if Trump gets his way, will be opened up
    to big oil, big mining, and land sales to his billionaire friends.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Game.....fukking.....changer (if it is what we think it is). You guys have no idea.

This is the one thing I was waiting for before deciding if I was on Trump's side or not. Get it done!

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I don't mind it, except corporate tax being so low. It's just way too low, and being that low it creates a loophole. The rich will find a way to report income as a business (really not that difficult) and pay 15% rather than 35%.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Of course.

Today he also proposed eliminating National Monument status for all National Monuments
    created since 1996. These protected lands, if Trump gets his way, will be opened up
    to big oil, big mining, and land sales to his billionaire friends.
    Yep, then there's that. *sigh*.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    I don't mind it, except corporate tax being so low. It's just way too low, and being that low it creates a loophole. The rich will find a way to report income as a business (really not that difficult) and pay 15% rather than 35%.
    Again with the hating on rich people. As a country, you need rich people, really really badly. That 15% they're still paying is enormous, as is the charitable works and local investments that got that percentage down in the first place. You'll miss them when they're gone. Ask broke-ass welfare state California.

And on top of that, this is even more important for any regular American starting a small business. Dropping from 35% to 15% means you can actually reinvest in your business earlier, and when times or the economy gets rough, you still have money to pay your employees and stay afloat.

The money that has left this country over the last few decades because of this 35% is in the trillions. And those companies were right to do it.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Again with the hating on rich people. As a country, you need rich people, really really badly.
    I see you're brainwashed.
    Their "economics" lies have tricked you.
    That's a really good one they pull... oh boy, they are "so smart".

Ralphie Halves

I see you're brainwashed.
    Their "economics" lies have tricked you.
    That's a really good one they pull... oh boy, they are "so smart".
    Is there an argument in there somewhere, Snowball?? Or just a bunch of random dismissive statements?

Because the proof is right there in front of you, everyday. When the rich people leave, shit goes downhill fast. If you can name a place where this doesn't happen, I'll gladly listen.

And yes, they're smarter than most people are, ab-so-lutely. You have to be. And I'm not talking about the people who have inherited wealth, those people are diminishing anyway, I mean the ones who have created what we have today. When you put yourself into the market, the market doesn't give a shit where you came from. It will eat you alive if you're not really good at what you're doing, and smart enough and have the fortitude to handle everything it throws at you. There's no safety net like most of us have.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Again with the hating on rich people. As a country, you need rich people, really really badly. That 15% they're still paying is enormous, as is the charitable works and local investments that got that percentage down in the first place. You'll miss them when they're gone. Ask broke-ass welfare state California.

And on top of that, this is even more important for any regular American starting a small business. Dropping from 35% to 15% means you can actually reinvest in your business earlier, and when times or the economy gets rough, you still have money to pay your employees and stay afloat.

The money that has left this country over the last few decades because of this 35% is in the trillions. And those companies were right to do it.
    No, I'm really not hating on the rich, you just want to interpret everything that way. It's no secret that loopholes can, and will, be exploited. I'm just pointing out the loophole, statistically the majority of Americans would fall into the 15% bracket, therefore they can't take advantage of this loophole. I understand the principle of lowering the corporate tax rate and agree with it you an extent, but this is one hell of a cut. It hasn't been below 34% since since 1941. Cutting it down to 15% is completely ridiculous. And before you whine about liberals, I voted Trump.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Yay or Nay?

Proposes 10% Rate and double the standard deduction for the common man.
    Otters are you a "Common Man?"

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    No, I'm really not hating on the rich, you just want to interpret everything that way. It's no secret that loopholes can, and will, be exploited. I'm just pointing out the loophole, statistically the majority of Americans would fall into the 15% bracket, therefore they can't take advantage of this loophole. I understand the principle of lowering the corporate tax rate and agree with it you an extent, but this is one hell of a cut. It hasn't been below 34% since since 1941. Cutting it down to 15% is completely ridiculous. And before you whine about liberals, I voted Trump.
    Got it, appreciate the clarification. I will say though, it it wasn't for those "loopholes", a lot of companies would have zero reason to stick around at all, so I'd actually be pretty thankful for that.

The idea from what I understood it was that the difference would be made up by 1) More companies moving/starting/staying here and 2) continuing to do what they are doing right now with ending the lopsided trade deals we developed with other countries over the years. Yet to be seen on that one I guess. At this point, I'd be okay with this giving us a larger deficit for a few years if it meant we'd be way better off in the long term.

Snowball

Because the proof is right there in front of you, everyday. When the rich people leave, shit goes downhill fast.
    When the rich people leave, "shit" gets affordable.
    Affordable enough for those without the money to own their means of production
    and self-sufficiency, rather than being wage slaves.

And yes, they're smarter than most people are, ab-so-lutely. You have to be.
    They've just controlled the access to credit, favored their connections and blackballed the competition for a long time.
    Access creates the winners and losers. Connections can make you a movie star or a multi-millionaire.
    Real breakthroughs are bought out, or buried. People like Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, the Google
    pair, they aren't geniuses. Everything they got was made by someone else and billions were intentionally
    placed on their laps because it's all chosen and arranged.

Anyway, it's a long subject. So.. enjoy this news:
    Workers endured long hours, low pay at Chinese factory used by Ivanka Trump’s clothing-maker

Knitting workers were forced to labor 57 hours a week for near-minimum-wage pay.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The devil is in the details. And none is provided. One page with bullet points isn't going to cut it. This is probably less detailed than what he put out during the campaign. Reserve judgment until bill is introduced and then the bill is scored.

In all likelihood, whatever he is "proposing" will fail like everything else he has tried to do so far.
    Are you talking about all the judge shopping that's going around by liberal judges appointed by Obama? Yah because all these rulings are going to get laughed at in the Supreme Court nothing but a bunch of judges playing politics....do you believe in sanctuary cities I bet you do 2 bad he's your president

cuck!!!!!!!

pilebuck13

They've just controlled the access to credit, favored their connections and blackballed the competition for a long time.
    Access creates the winners and losers. Connections can make you a movie star or a multi-millionaire.
    Real breakthroughs are bought out, or buried. People like Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, the Google
    pair, they aren't geniuses. Everything they got was made by someone else and billions were intentionally

Anyway, it's a long subject. So.. enjoy this news:
    Workers endured long hours, low pay at Chinese factory used by Ivanka Trump’s clothing-maker

Knitting workers were forced to labor 57 hours a week for near-minimum-wage pay.
    Wow big deal I worked 176 hours of overtime a month. Glad we're not China....we just use them to make cheap shit come on man

Ralphie Halves

Again, where has this happened? Apart from a bunch of communist countries, and we all know how that worked out in the end.

Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and Sergey Brin are just regular schlubs who got lucky because the big illuminati-controlled lottery wheel in the sky landed on their names. Well allright.

I guess there's nothing more to say here.

pilebuck13

People hate that the rich pay as little taxes as possible who gives a shit. I hope anyone can pay as little taxes as possible

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

It'd be nice to be Sergey or Larry Page for a day

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Smoke screen. Corporations don't pay 35% with deductions. Some pay zero. Dropping to 15% will make those
    not paying, paying, because same deductions will be eliminated.

Personal taxes with a flat rate could hurt some and help others.

We'll see what happens.

I'm more worried about the sword rattling. Either way, death and taxes. Gotta do both.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

From what I've read it looks like you wouldn't be able to deduct gambling losses anymore.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Awesome. Maybe we can also have an adult conversation about cutting spending.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Impossible to make all happy

Only Pres every going all in to get jobs back in USA and promote job growth the right way

Guy is amazing

Lazy losers do not like him

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Impossible to make all happy

Only Pres every going all in to get jobs back in USA and promote job growth the right way

Guy is amazing

Lazy losers do not like him
    Lazy loser over here that likes him. I think from the little tidbits that we learned that it's a good start. So much will change, but progress is always nice. Not even going to get into the whole he's just going to help his rich friends argument.

I hope I'm alive in 3 years to see the economy booming, and the USA back on top. Probably never will be close on the education front, unfortunately.

Liberal tears will be raising the Ocean levels, that they are so worried about. Already not taking shit from anyone, and on our way back up on the foreign front.

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum
    DABOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18419

Again, where has this happened? Apart from a bunch of communist countries, and we all know how that worked out in the end.

Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and Sergey Brin are just regular schlubs who got lucky because the big illuminati-controlled lottery wheel in the sky landed on their names. Well allright.

I guess there's nothing more to say here.
    Dont forget : The Koch's , Trump's , and The Waltons of Wal mart. The biggest piece of shit's in the Human Race. All inherited wealth that are greedy penetrates. I think the Kochs do a little for charity but that good will goes out the window when they buy politicians.
    Trumps and Waltons are known as giving as little as humanly possible. Trumps are worse and have gone as far as lying about donations and or promising funds and not coming through with them. Dont take my word for it. Look it up.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Otters are you a "Common Man?"
    yes. like most. The common man need a break.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by DABOOK View Post
    Dont forget : The Koch's , Trump's , and The Waltons of Wal mart. The biggest piece of shit's in the Human Race. All inherited wealth that are greedy penetrates. I think the Kochs do a little for charity but that good will goes out the window when they buy politicians.
    Trumps and Waltons are known as giving as little as humanly possible. Trumps are worse and have gone as far as lying about donations and or promising funds and not coming through with them. Dont take my word for it. Look it up.
    I could care less if the rich give a dime to charity......not my money or anyone else's it's there money they can do whatever the fuk the want with it......I don't understand people's hate for the rich and the way they feel they should even have a opinion on what they do with THEIR money!!!!

Why do you care? And where do you feel even entitled to a opinion on what others do with there money

1234 ... Last