Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

NHL Parlay Today

I rarely, rarely parlay anything....but today both favourites in the NHL should cash.

As follows:

Capitals to win + Bruins to win

$400 to win $712

If this doesn't come in....I will be happy anyway, as that means that either the Sens are moving on or the Leafs are going to Game 7.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

I like both

Coolcanuck79
    Coolcanuck79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24134

As a Sens fan, I think Boston pulls it off today and forces game #7. Also as a Sens fan, I hope so badly that the Leafs lose today.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcanuck79 View Post
    As a Sens fan, I think Boston pulls it off today and forces game #7. Also as a Sens fan, I hope so badly that the Leafs lose today.
    I have absolutely NEVER understood this sentiment. Hope for your home team, I get that...but the more Canadian teams in the playoffs, the better for hockey here in Canada. I for one am sick of watching four American teams in the Conference Finals every year.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35447

Bruins lose
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave a4u2fear 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Coolcanuck79

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I have absolutely NEVER understood this sentiment. Hope for your home team, I get that...but the more Canadian teams in the playoffs, the better for hockey here in Canada. I for one am sick of watching four American teams in the Conference Finals every year.
    I know what you are saying but they are bitter rivals. I was rooting for Edmonton and Calgary and would have done the same for any other Canadian team. I lived in Toronto for several years and the hatred has always been at the highest level ... and that goes both ways.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

You can be bitter rivals without hatred.

I find Vancouverites the same....they 'hate' TorOnto. The sad thing is that they always refer to them as 'the centre of the universe', etc. I bet that TO doesn't consider Ottawa as much of a rival as Ottawa considers TO. That's kinda sad imo.

Coolcanuck79

There is total hatred when it comes to Leaf fans. They hate the Sens and the Habs and I am certain Leaf fans on here can chime in on that. I don't care for them at all and would be totally satisfied to see them eliminated tonight and see the Caps advance.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

I was a Canadiens fan, born and raised in Ottawa, until we got our team. With Hull right across the bridge, some Montreal fans still linger in Ottawa but, Sens fans dominate the Ottawa market & I don't anyone in Ottawa who doesn't hate The Leafs.
    I also have a futures bet:
    Tar Heels (Championship)
    Caps (Cup)
    Cavs/Warriors (Championship)
    Both for $1.
    Didn't mind seeing Toronto exit.
    Now we can focus on the Raps!
    Last edited by Jayvegas420; 04-23-17 at 10:21 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bet favs and get smashed

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3559

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcanuck79 View Post
    There is total hatred when it comes to Leaf fans. They hate the Sens and the Habs and I am certain Leaf fans on here can chime in on that. I don't care for them at all and would be totally satisfied to see them eliminated tonight and see the Caps advance.
    Torontonian working in Ottawa I can tell no Torontonian will say that Ottawa should be out in the first round of NHL playoffs. Yes, small mind like your small-market Ottawa team wants Toronto to be out. Mind you, Toronto is not just better city in Canada, it's a top-3 city in North America. Ottawa is just home to bureaucratic government employees and city workers, not to mention most of the government employees do not have University degrees

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

While bhoor maybe didn't say it in the nicest way...I do tend to agree. Most people in TO that I know and talked to, were happy that Ottawa beat Boston.

I also know that most fans of Vancouver right now are cheering for Edmonton and Ottawa to continue their runs. I get that you want the team that beats you to be knocked out...that can make sense. I would have loved to see two Canadian teams battling it out (Edmonton and Calgary or Ottawa and Montreal).

Anyway, no worries either way...I just think that is being small minded.